Whats everyone's honest opinion on the leclerc and the newly added one?

Probably a personal preference for the AZUR versus S2. I prefer the retention of mobility and think the AZUR package isn’t worth the increase in weight. If it had LWS it would probably be worth it though.
I will continue to think that the AZUR is a disappointment. They only had to make it an SXXI, not an S2. They so could have added a UAE Leclerc or added the AZUR package as an armor mod.
So the worst possible option was chosen.

2 Likes

I keep hearing that the Merkavas perform very poorly above 10.0 any increase in armor aren’t substantial and can be considered a lol-pen in almost every important area. But nothing that I say about it comes from experience, only that Israel’s just forgotten and has been getting power crept to hell and back.

Israel is honestly weird in my opinion.

I agree the AZUR Is a massive disappointment. It would become the best Leclerc if it was based off a S.XXI and if it had LWS.

but Gaijin being Gaijin regarding France, they half-assed it. They didn’t even took a moment to question themselves about what France really need and it shows …

it Is trash now, only leopard a7 and swedish with 80% WR, and other nations will only decrease.

AZUR is just a worse S2. Didn’t even bother grinding it. Maybe if it was SXXI and the ERA was actually given the >100mm KE resistance it’s supposed to have.

Why don’t you guys just make suggestions for it to be fixed?

Changing it to SXXI? That involves 3D model work which they outsource afaik so even a tiny change is a big ask.
Adding KE protection to ERA? It’s been reported/suggested before.
Also either of these would make the tank better (CITV and better protection) so they can blame not doing it on balance

there are dozens of bug reports for leclerc and hell, nearly every other top tier mbt, but they all get shut down because we cant provide unclassified, exact values with real world photo or video examples, its insane.

Heres a list of sources I have personally seen gaijin decline as somehow not a good enough source:
Tank manufacturer’s websites
ERA manufacturer’s websites
Advertising pamphlets attached to tank manufacturer’s websites
Videos of company’s head of marketing discussing relative weight and protection values
publicly available intelligence archives run by the US army
Direct statements from the US army
Congressional defense reports
Video of tanks reloading and rotating their turrets
Photos from the inside of a tank

And Im sure there are more that I cant think of right now

2 Likes

Oh my god…Gaijin needs to open their eyes.

11.7one of the worst mbt😢

• Abrams - 38mm plate angled at 80 degrees, ricochets often and is like ~300mm effective.
  • LeClerc - large composite block made up of RHA, NERA, RHA angled at 74 degrees (6 degrees less) and is only ~270mm effective.

Not much else to say.
(Pic related isn’t entirely accurate because the cube of NERA at the back is only a small portion on the left side and isn’t part of the ~“270mm” effective UFP on the top photo, still - the UFP effectiveness is a joke).

This is annoying how Gaijin isn’t paying attention…

It’s all about meta now, leclerc were good long time ago, then 2a6 was brutal addition, then bvm, now the Strv 122B+

That really sucks

1 Like