What're the point of these Italian rounds?

I’ve been grinding out Italy recently and noticed a couple kinds of ammunition that can be unlocked in the modification menu that, if anything, is worse than the default round - if not the same overall! Does anyone have an idea for why that is?

For an example, this is the stock but excellent round for the Breda 501

But in the modification, there exists another round that has pretty much the same properties but has an all around less pen value.

Or in another example, the Contraereo has this as the default belt:
but you can unlock this, which is essentially the exact same shell but with the API-T round after three rounds of HEFI-T, instead of before…which really doesn’t make much of a difference since you using a 20mm autocannon…

What’s the deal?

The Italian snail employee prolly need’s a minimum modification count for their vehicles. Specifically for Italy though.

For the 90mm rounds, the unlockable one is slightly faster so it is a little bit easier to aim

Ah, fair enough

Its only 2mm less pen in return for slightly higher velocity/ballistics, mod.43 has less drag than da 90

2mm less pen? Flat on at a generous (at its BR) 100m, it has 6mm less pen though?

Iirc mod.43 used to have better penetration compared to stock shell, but then it was nerfed not so long ago actually.

2 Likes

Why are you looking at flat pen the only pen value that matters in game is 30° and 60°
Untitled259_20240613112339
There’s a reason why the conqueror is at its br with “500mm pen” because its angle pen is barely better than DM13

Oh, that probably explains it!

Oh, you are going off with that measurement. I just largely rely on going directly side-on the enemies (which works quite well since a lot of the enemies I end up encountering are German tanks and their flat faces). The only instance where I notice it not working as intended is some wonky hits againts Russian things from time to time, but in that case, 2mm less pen isn’t going to offer me any more help than the stock shell.

The 2mm less is statcard only the better ballistics means its going to pen more than the stock shell at further range

Are you playing arcade or something why are you facing german tanks in italy

WW2 historical matchmaking hasn’t been a feature for RB for a couple of years now, I face Germans like 60% of the time.

I literally never see Italians on the allies

That’s certainly odd. Same BR and everything?