What Vehicles are Sweden in most need of ”the wishlist”

In adition to low tier support, i would love some more CV-90 variants. From IKV based prototype to MK-IV with atgms and 50mm supershot, all variants would be fun

2 Likes

Here leave your thaughts on this Meme

Id like to see C9035. Bushmaster III would be awesome.
Also it had many upgrades than just a new gun

2 Likes

Yea thatd be cool

Considering the Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) is buying CV9035 Mk IIIC to replace the CV 9040Cs sent to Ukraine, I don’t see why a 9035 would be off the table. The order for the CV9035 MkIIIC is (as per article) to be placed early 2024.

I guess we can use it as a battering ram

3 Likes

I’d say the SPAA out of “Need” but AT cars for ze funny

3 Likes

We losing our 40mm? sad moment
But i’m guessing these are just temporary replacements since i remember reading about a new CV90 design for Sweden, possibly using license built AKERON missiles

3 Likes

We’re not replacing the entire 40mm fleet with 35mm variants, however if I recall correctly, FMV and BAE Hägglunds are developing CV90 Mk V which might replace the 40mm fleet, information is scarce on it though, but as you mention, the AKERON is part of that development.

2 Likes

Which one exactly is the Mk3C variant? having trouble finding it

I am not entirely certain but I believe it’s just another iteration of the Mark III, this new production vehicle becoming the C variant once finalized. According to Jane’s the turret will be based on the Netherlands’ CV90 MLU turret though.

There’s an illustration of a CV90 with a RT60 turret, maybe something that might be made in the future?

There was also this pic under the title but since it’s only a close-up of the turret so can’t really tell what the hull is

3 Likes

The only thing we need from Denmark

17 Likes

What is the name of this silly creature?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t get why Gaijin didn’t just transfer the old polls here
having to remake them all seems unnecessary

also seems like someone did make the post for it here, just seems like they copy pasted everything

2 Likes

Possibly as a modification?

6 Likes

The optical system seems nice. The AGL seems a bit dubious though lol. I think it has access to HEDP rounds which have some pen to them, but the vehicle has the 40mm Akan which offers rapid firepower so I’m not sure what the AGL would offer.

But alas, more dakka is always better dakka. :->

1 Like

Based on the BMP-2M AGLs are kinda crap but this is 40mm instead of 30mm + it uses a duel purpose round with a small AT capability with a shaped charge, says it can penetrate 50mm of steel, in the swedish page of wiki but idk how accurate that is

But if that’s somewhat accurate, it would be pretty darn useful against light tanks or sides/rear of some MBTs

As it has higher elevation compared to the cannon, it could be used to perhaps shoot over cover or be used as a back-up incase of empty stowage and broken breech

Edit:
say’s it’s pretty much the same as the M433 round which has 63mm pen
The rounds also have a faster velocity than the BMP’s 30mm so the drop shouldn’t be as bad

It’s also been mounted on the previous version so it could be used in a slightly lower BR where some armor isn’t as good

3 Likes