What the hell, Gaijin?! Bring Pantsir/Phalanx, S-300 and PARIOT to the main Airfields!

Depends, on the other side really.

What is realistic? A permanent safe space? Or am I misunderstanding.

2 Likes

You mean AA systems that actually perform? Yes, their accuracy is actually good in comparison to the other SPAA. That is why improving the current SPAA ai/weaponry (because I beleieve they are Gepard 1A2s with 10G missiles) wpuld be much better than programming in new systems that won’t even work correctly.

You misunderstand. Emplaced radar sets cannot defend what they cannot see. If the radar has anything blocking the signal then it can’t defend that area. That is the largest flaw of ground based radars and why flying low, aka “under the radar” is a thing. That is why these emplaced systems are placed with defended assests for maximum coverage and effectiveness. While the missiles could be effected by multipathing, that means nothing if the radar cannot find an aircraft for the missile to be fired at anyway.

@Lulzwhat So what?

Deal with it bud

Then ig tunguskas and FlaRakRads are fine for air field defese

It’s true that the game is ready to receive a missile system with a range of 250km on maps of 180 at most, the S-300 simply cannot be added at the moment. The Patriot on the other hand would not be a bad idea in the sense that certain versions only have a range of around forty kilometers and would allow good coverage of airfields. The SA-1, SA-2 or SA-3 could be a Russian equivalent.

But as many others have pointed out, no, the game is not ready for that. We would need a complete rework of the maps, the addition of ECM, the possible integration of SEAD missiles to be able to balance the situation

I’m not against the idea but it could cause a lot of problems

Why is that? Didnt get your point…

With what?

The s-300 system fires long-range missiles (the missile with the least range reaches 75 km). Adding this type of anti-aircraft defense on maps that for the most part do not have 100km between airfields would mean that the central area of ​​the map would be within range of the airfield defenses and would make the game unplayable. We would be permanently under radar lockdown

This is why I was talking about other anti-aircraft systems with less range. If the airfields were defended by missiles capable of reaching a range of 20 and 30 km, this would allow for proper defense without impacting the air combat zone.

Pretty sure DCS isn’t a Simcade Team Deathmatch.

I’d like to see smaller AAA emplacements near the mini-bases, for the SL Base stealers to use up some countermeasures and give dedicated Strike / Attack planes more opportunity to use PGMs etc. I’d also like to see an end to re-spawning mini-bases and then a nice team prize for taking out the main airfield. In that situation it’d make sense to have a little more AAA there too.

at the end of the day, we always come back to the same problem : we need bigger maps.

Problem is, in the past they used small portions of maps that they gradually increased over time. 120x120 seems to be the maximum there is unfortunately, so making them bigger again would probably require long time development

Pantsir SM, Aster 15, CAMM, Derby ER/MR, Iris-T SLM
Quite some choice in that range (I know these systems are more or less all rated for 30-40km, but let’s be real, against maneuvering target it will be less)

gen1 S-300 missile have only 47km range.

The game has been ready for PATRIOT on runways since last year.

1 Like

Oh really? In what world? No ECM pods,no ARMs, a TVM semi active guidance (PAC-2) or ARH kinetic kill w/ legathity upgrade similar to AHEAD (PAC-3), and an 91kg proximity warhead on the PAC-2 to ensure that not even multipathing can keep you from getting demolished. Plus, it can hit targets higher than the altitude ceiling currently in game. Aside from that that they have more range than any anti-ground munition currently in game and have no chance of being killed by them. Did I also mention that a standard battery includes 6 launchers that can ripple fire missiles? This game is NOT ready for anything close to PATRIOT/S300/S400, especially when most players can’t even deal with the Pantsir being so strong. They could put FlakRaKRads at the airfield with competent AI for targeting and they would be fine.

Just think about the air RB maps now, your airfield defense would be firing at targets nearly mid map on everything that isn’t EC. Yea, Warthunder is really ready for that.

None of those are necessary; it’s runway anti-air, you shouldn’t be getting near it anyway.

Mid map (on all but EC maps) would be well enough “near it” to be killed by it. It’s almost like you don’t read things. 80km launch range isn’t runway anti-air that Warthunder is ready for. More like FlaRakRad VT1 launch range for airfield defense.

It can still fire a missiles to the fight area. Imagine if you want to bomb the bases and you you have to deal with it, that would destroy the gameplay