What’s the strat with American tanks?

Im gonna start of by saying I mainly play arcade battles so I feel like most advice for rob wont really apply. I have been having problems with the American tech tree, I’m currently at a br of 7.7 but that’s just cause I own the t32e1. I keep dying so easy and most of the time it feels like bullshit, I have been killed a few times here and there where it felt genuinely fair but most of the time it feels like bullshit, ever since getting the T34 my average amount of kills went from about 3-5 on the high end per game to now mainly 1 assist on the low end and 1 kill on the high end. I will say I almost never have backup as I’m usually the only one pushing or at the point trying to cap it so that does explain a lot of reasons why I keep dying, but it also feels like I’m doing something wrong, my current tanks are the M32E1, M32, and M47. No matter which one I use they all die before I can do anything, I have gone so far as to try the same tactics with the M47 as I did with the Sherman’s to get some kills but still nothing works, I just want to know if I’m doing something wrong (which if I am I would love to know how to actually play US tanks well) or if it’s just gaijin needing and up tiering the shit out of the American tanks making them basically as useful as a baby trying to swim in a five foot deep pool. I would really like to start doing good with American tree and I’m not switching to any of the other big 3 nations as I don’t have an interest with any of their tanks. So if you have any advice please let me know cause I would love to stop being useless because I’m using American tanks.

7.7->8.7 is the biggest tech jump in the game. France is the only nation with a strong 7.7 list, meaning you get upteired a lot. Tons of nations have good 8.7s.

Instead, play 7.3. T32 hull down is amazing, T95 is great at 7.7 or under,M46s are fine and you have your pick of light tanks.

T32E1 is overteired, M47 is just bad.

First off, dont bother with the T32E1, its over tiered at 7.7 and 7.7 is a bad BR to play anyway due to it being one of the worst BRs for uptiers.

Next, in Realistic, “Pushing” in the sense of driving forwards into the enemy is often a bad move. In RB you moving puts you at a disadvantage, if you are moving and I am stationary, I can hear your engine, while you cant hear mine, and I am sitting set up with my gun level and ready while yours is bouncing around due to movement.

Your best tactic in RB is to get yourself to an overwatch position, sit hull down, and wait for the enemy to drive into your gunsights.

US tanks like the T32 and M47 excel in using ridgelines and terrain to peek over due to often strong turret armour and good gun depression, so I recommend using that advantage.