What reward's would you like to see in war thunder?

This would be pretty great. At the very least it could work as a bonus for the score you get for killing someone similar to killing higher br planes (anecdotal observation that kills in uptiers seem to be much higher score and sl than downtiers)

1 Like

Was about to ask for this one.

a reward for getting to top tier

Maybe the real reward was the friends we made along the way

2 Likes

Thx for your support. Actually i have this idea since the introduction of the (s)kill bonus, simply because as gaijin is not consistent in their view on things.

• On one hand they quote that taking out enemy players is the “ultimate goal of playing wt” and they reduce the game to a plain shooter, on the other hand they do not reward game / match decisive actions (enough).

• You might have noticed that the 5.000 SL bonus as lone survivor will not paid if you don’t kill the pilot. So depending on the ticket drain (starting after “aircraft destroyed”) and your positioning vs the enemy you killed you won’t get the bonus if the enemy player does not crash or bail out before his team tickets reach zero points.

• Same if you activate a "be the best " order if you play 1 vs 1 as last players alive. If you are unlucky enough your last opponent was “severely damaged” earlier, but is still fully functional (like the infamous black horizontal stabilizers) - you donate 15.000 SL.

• Why? if you kill him he gets 135 points (=i got shot down reward) whilst you just receive just the 90 points for finishing him off. I made this error once…

This must have happened outside Air RB matches - if all aircraft are in the same BR range (= + & ./. 1.0) you get for kills of full uptier planes (relative to your aircraft) still the “rank doesn’t matter bonus” - otherwise all kills produce the same mission score and SL/RP rewards.

The sole exception from my pov is when you kill an enemy lower than the 1.0 range. This happens if you kill trolling biplanes or otherwise active enemies (mostly part of a squad).

Have a good one!

It’s not as big of a difference for full kills in a smaller range, but it seems to exist. I’ve recently had a game where I was 7.3 BR, killed 2 planes at 7.0 BR for 444 score then killed a 7.3 plane for 450 score.

All these kills were me getting on their tail and hitting them with a burst of hispano HEF-I that cut their tail off or killed the pilot (immediate aircraft destruction).

1 Like

Ok - if you be that precise and track earnings in the 2% range - you are right :-)

…regarding the mission score…

Kingslayer - killing the enemy on the top of their scoreboard.

1 Like

I went and searched for the thing as I could swear I’ve seen it exist on the old forums.

I found it!

I misremembered/misunderstood: Presently, you get no increased reward for killing planes at your BR or a full-uptier. However, you receive an increasing penalty in downtiers. This does create the illusion that killing tougher planes gives a better reward though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twEotX6PpK0aPlZue2IwAROTDDNoqhDiVAzUTGpzZqw/edit?tab=t.0
(anti-embed to not break forums).

So, for killing a plane 1 full BR step under you, you receive ~50 less score and whatever RP gain it corresponds to.

Yeah, it’s not much and I misremembered/misunderstood the system (no reward for killing that full uptier alas).

… As an aside, it’s frustrating how much research and observation has been posted to the old forums that seem absent on the new ones and will likely be lost once you can no longer browse the old ones.

Edit: It was posted on the new forum but got buried/lost. Found it: Report on how scores, SL, and RP rewards are calculated

This one is also more up-to-date.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting that this system was added in one of the major updates, at the end of 2021:

Dependence on score awarded in the difference between the player’s Battle Rating and the target in case of critical damage, destruction and assistance in the destruction of the enemy has been added. The multiplier will be calculated by the quadratic dependence (1 - 0.014 * (difference of BR) ^ 2) and can not be more than 1.0 and less than 0.1. For example if you destroy a vehicle with a BR of 8.7 using a vehicle of BR 9.7 (3 BR steps difference) the multiplier will be (1 - 0.014 * 3 ^ 2) = 0.874.
War Thunder "Ground Breaking" - Changelog - Update Discussion - Archive - War Thunder - Official Forum

It’s interesting that not many players talked about this new system. A few months later the first score-based event appeared, then all events were changed to score-based.

So this system is not that old. Unfortunately, it only punishes players, and it’s especially annoying in Air Arcade, where you can use lineups with planes of any BR you want. I’m happy that I spaded so many planes before this system was added. Right now it would be much harder in Air Arcade.

You can lose up to 90% of your total profits because of the BR difference between you and your target. So it’s possible that killing a player will be worth significantly less than killing an AI ground target. Even if both of these actions are completely incomparable in terms of difficulty. It’s a terrible system and it’s very strange that players haven’t protested against such a massive nerf. Every player lost from this change, but only a few cared.

1 Like

I think a big part is the assumption that it’s balanced. That is, you’re in a downtier so you have an easier game and get less rewards, you’re in an uptier and it’s harder and you get increased rewards. Unfortunately, it seems to only act downwards to punish you rather than reward taking out priority targets.

Until I went and actively searched for how it works, I quite obliviously believed it rewarded me killing stuff like mig-15s in f2h-2, yak-3p in bf109 F4 and so forth.

Do you think it’s balanced to only credit you with 10% of the total profits?

If a normal kill is 180 score, do you think it’s fair to only give you 18 score for killing someone just because he spawned a vehicle with much lower BR? Meanwhile, killing AI ground target, like the stationary artillery, will give you 40 score.

They could easily increase the rewards for killing targets at higher BR and not touch the base rewards. Also, 90% difference is way too huge. Small differences would be acceptable, but not 90%.

No, I do not think the current implementation is. I am just saying that because it is opaque and not obvious how it works - one can safely assume it works equally both ways and unless they look it up or go out of their way to look up their post-battle score breakdown and look up what they killed, they won’t notice. Meaning, people have likely missed this feature existing or assumed it went both ways which is why they didn’t complain.

I also think it should be capped at ±10%. And it should include a +10% for killing the highest BR in your match. A vehicle beyond the 1.0 difference is still dangerous/potentially a priority, so you shouldn’t be punished for someone using one.

1 Like

Most players on the forum are Air Realistic players, where rules are a bit different and you can’t take full lineups, so I guess it was harder to even notice this change in the game for them.

In Air Arcade scoring is now completely broken, because you can take full lineups here, and most players do this. If you want to win the game, then you can even use reserve planes and kill ground AI targets. And if someone decide to stop you from winning the game, he will gain close to nothing.

This system causes a lot of issues, but the devs of this game don’t play the game, so they don’t see the problems they have caused with their poorly thought-out changes.

For example, do I really deserve such scores:

Spoiler

Just because I was the highest BR plane in the battle? If the BR difference is so huge issue for the devs, they should just prevent enemies from spawning in low BR planes at higher BRs. Because I don’t choose my enemies, it’s the matchmaker which does that, but I’m punished for it anyway.

From my perspective, this system doesn’t make sense and is definitely not fair. It’s still not easy to kill aware enemy players, even if they use crazy fast turning 1.0 BR biplanes at 6.0 BR. Currently stopping them from killing ground targets (and winning the battle) is simply not worth it.

2 Likes

To add to this idea, there should be a lower percent proximity buff within a 2.5km sphere and a higher percent proximity buff within 1.1-1.5km, with an even higher percent proximity buff being applicable for 3.0km around the bomber when there is an enemy fighter within 3.0km (to incentivize protecting the bomber).

A title like “A Helping Hand” for actually helping people repair and being a team player.

A reward for ground vehicle users for causing the most property damage in the match (by destroying buildings, tents, fences, walls, trees, statues, vehicles [EMD F7 train on American Desert map], static decorations, road signs…etc)

A system for increasing the reward for killing enemies who have had a longer lifetime. This would give more rewards for killing players who’ve been dominating and would also mean less rewards for spawnkilling.
Another thing, a small reward for reporting enemy coordinates with the UAV. This would mean that you would get a small amount of rp/sl for putting a UAV marker a certain distance near an enemy, which would make it so more people use UAV’s and mark targets.

1 Like

I want to see small, medium, and large trophy rewards tied to level ups. Such as:

• Player level 1-4: Small trophy
  • Player level 5: Medium trophy
  • Player level 6-9: Small trophy
  • Player level 10: Large trophy

Just to add a bit of excitement to increasing your player level. So every 5th level you get a medium trophy, every 10th level you get a large trophy, and every other level you get a small trophy.

Add allies completing your Orders to Teamwork awards. If you issue an Order in a battle but don’t complete it, but one of your Teammates do then you get a Teamwork award. Not a huge difference, but at least gives you 600 SL out of it instead of nothing. Which might give some more incentive for players to actually start using Orders.

Just to clarify this would be an additional method of receiving the reward. The traditional way of nearby squad mates getting kills would remain unchanged. This also means if you’re not in a squad, or get squaded with randoms you still have a chance of getting this award.

(This would be AB tanks only reward)
Don’t know how it would be named
But reward for destroying all 3 tanks (in ABT you can spawn only 3 times) from same player