What is the point of the profanity filter?

Fining players for bad language in War Thunder chat is completely pointless when the game already has a built-in profanity filter that censors the words automatically.
Using the filter means the offensive terms never even appear to other players in the first place, so there is zero actual harm done.
Censoring the messages yourself while still handing out bans shows the system is broken and overreaching for no good reason.
Keeping chat restrictions this strict just punishes people for typing words that get blocked before anyone can read them.
You end up with a community that gets silenced over nothing more than filtered text that never reaches the recipients.
Only a truly shortsighted moderation approach would treat auto-censored language as a ban-worthy offense.
Ultimately the whole policy makes the game’s chat rules look arbitrary and poorly thought out.

1 Like

this game is very confused in what is and isnt ok.

the profanity filter but also chat bans.

the TOS banning sexualised usernames (not enforced but should be) yet there is goonbait premium tanks and an “adult actress” creator code.

I dont get gaijin. They are consistently inconsistent

6 Likes

You can turn chat censoring off, not to mention that it’s quite hard to get chat banned

I still got 14 days left :/

2 Likes

it both is and isnt

depends on who is in the match

1 Like

I would think, if you turn chat censoring off, you aren’t bothered by profanity. Apparently, it isn’t that hard.

2 Likes

I’ve been chat banned like 5 times then they said I got a year if I get chat banned again, that was roughly a year ago (my chat activity is the same)

1 Like

What have you been saying bro? 😭

1 Like

No it isn’t. Personally I’m fine with uncensored F words and such, but I will gladly report those saying slurs.

Gaijins lack of automatic chat moderation has led to a community happy to spam slurs, which is bad.

There are levels to that.

I use slurs regularly, if a word is offensive to you I’d recommend being a man, you don’t have to give words power over you.

3 Likes

Same. I personally find it stupid how people get so upset over a few words. If you can’t handle slurs then have your chat censor on. Team killers deserve to be called slurs

2 Likes

They don’t, but I wouldn’t complain if someone being racist or homophobic got chatbanned. (They deserve it)

Just don’t say slurs if you don’t wanna be chatbanned.

Well maybe you shouldn’t care about someone else’s opinion, if whom you’ll never know. I literally couldn’t care less what a random says, and I can tell you’re not from the USA.

1 Like

Nah. If you team kill me or use something like the Yak 9K, T58, or Tis ma, you deserve to be called a slur and I will exercise my freedom of speech to do so.

1 Like

and I would deserve it and find it hilarious you’re getting mad, not report lol

1 Like

IMG_5219

1 Like

Just don’t complain if you get chatbanned (which you unsurprisingly are).

Just throw in a quick fun fact while you’re at it

1 Like

I would guess action is usually taken on words that people usually get away with if somebody makes an in game report. if they really cared, they would automate it.

I think I’ve said slurs maybe twice in the chat in all of my time playing WT. both were retorts at people who deserved it. Seriously if you can put 10 slurs, a death threat, and hate messages in one sentence because I said “glhf” then you deserve it.

still happens, but now I just take a screenshot and put it in my Fanmail folder wher I keep all the creative insults I’ve seen insteaf of sinking to their level of idiot LOL

big words make small people feel tough so I don’t entertain their microscopic and insecure egos… keeping a cool head and a “fuck off” attitude works way better than engaging in a typing war against a keyboard warrior lmao