What is on everyone's 2024 wish list for naval?

He’s referring to the Minotaur class of 1947 (the immediate successor to the Neptune design). Which could arguably be called “partially built” on account 6 turrets for them being completed (albeit ended up installed on the Tiger class cruisers instead). That would be a stretch since no actual hull was laid down, but Tiger and her sisters’ turrets were specifically intended for the unbuilt Minotaur originally.

3 Likes

Thanks - yes I managed to miss that article!! :/

But same conclusion - nothing ever laid down in a slipway, so currently not eligible for inclusion in WT.

the Tiacondra class guided missile cruiser
USS Ticonderoga (CG-47) - Wikipedia

1 Like

Oh a Ticonderoga-class lol

No, the harpoon cruisers are not suitable for game yet

who said it had to have harpoons?
just give it anti-air vls launchers.

No point in doing that with dozens of SAM destroyers and cruisers that can be added in their full capability

1 Like

is anyone else having the problem of activity not registering on the squadron board for squad vehicles ? … a few in my squad have reported it no one has said it is not a problem for them

better coastal ships and missile cruisers

Definitely Submarines and ASW Warfare aircraft and ships.
Seaplane tenders and aircraft carriers.
More gamemodes.
Addition of dutch ships in the french coastal tree and Bluewater tree.
More cold war ships with SAM and Anti Ship Missiles.

1 Like

Not to be pretentious but the QEs for Britain please please

i even wrote a suggestion :)

Personally I think that without a full gamemode separation the current naval and Cold War naval will not work together. At all. Guided AShMs would have no counterplay by the big battleships (ironically this is perfectly demonstrating what made the BBs obsolete) and so the gamemode wouldn’t be as fun anymore for those playing the older ships.

3 Likes

Dutch tree if implemented would have a unique ship for every BR from 3.3 to 5.7. Definietely would be nice to see.

Im not so much hyped for subs and carriers. I feel like, in wt gun battle settings, they would be very much on the losing side. I would love to see more airplane tenders tho and mixed carriers.

1 Like

What are mixed carriers?

A proper translation would be hybrid carrier, apologies.

It is basically any gun focused ship that was partially repurposed into an aircraft carrier, like hyuga for example. I think there was a swedish and british cruisers that were refitted in such way and few other designs that could be implemented.

1 Like

We need a tick-box to let you research coastal by playing bluewater ships.

There’s a similar mechanic to research helis with ground vehicles. They’d just need to copy over the functionality.

Coastal grind is atrocious given the poor RP gain by playing coastal combined with the high RP cost of the ships. Letting us grind out the coastal trees by playing bluewater would be nice. Even early-tier coastal feels absolutely miserable, especially British where your main weapon is just rifle caliber MGs with awful turret traverse limits, meaning all you do is tickle your opponents, die, get like 73 RP from the entire match, etc.

7 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

I enjoy playing coastals, but I certainly agree that we need that checkbox. If ground vehicles can research helicopters, then big boats should unquestionably be able to research small boats.

I did 800k Coastal RP in 3 days to grind out 3 ships last week after update drop… you didn’t that too?

As for OP

I want Phalaaaanx! CWISSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Seriously, why does Russia get CWIS and no one else does!?!

I want to Brrrrrt planes out of the sky. I want to one shot you across the map and Brrt your revenge bombing plane out of the sky after. I truly dont care if its not fun or fair to you!!

=)

Anywho, I’d also like GJN to continue what they started this past update: Reworking Naval maps. South Kvarken layout is much improved. I really like it - as historically for me, it was one of my most hated maps across all game modes. Volcanic island change is much more intensive from the get go.

Fuego and Aleutian are good improvements as well. I hope to see this in the following updates with other maps. Improving the naval gameplay bit by bit is all I really ask for.

1 Like

Because in Soviet/Russian designation AK-230 and AK-630 is not CIWS, as it does not have any independent search & track equipment and dependent on ship.

1 Like

That is so much cope and delusion holy shit

2 Likes

no u

top tier costal is in that situation, russian coastal low tier is kind of alright.
I also think that twin 76 fast firing shouldnt be at 3.7 or 4.0