What do you think of the armor performance of ZTZ99A?

The DU is used like net is what I’ve heard any secretive info on that? :)

1 Like

Oh you’re one of those guys

2 Likes

This literally isn’t possible if the interior is RHA.
Any spall reduction during shell travel would be negated by it… hitting regular RHA at the end.

Unless you mean to imply that the interior of the Abrams is also Depleted Uranium, and that it would spall Depleted Uranium when penetrated? Wouldn’t that be dangerous, considering shells made out of it should set everything on fire and basically kill everything instantly, apparently:

Additionally, why are you ONCE AGAIN constantly talking about the Abrams/NATO vehicles without any mention or any attempt to actually discuss the ZTZ-99A’s armor?

This is the " What do you think of the armor performance of ZTZ99A?" thread.

There’s no proof that an “intergrated spall liner” actually results in less spalling when penned by such a ridiculously high energy shell

1 Like

>Come into ZTZ 99A thread
>America mains crawl out of the woodwork to bitch about the abrams for some reason
Every day, forever, until the heat death of the universe

9 Likes

Everytime

1 Like

What else does integrated spall liner mean then?

Your graphic shows that a blanket spall liner doesn’t make sense if its in the armour array and there is no blankets in the crew compartments.

@SneedSellsFeed I’m not here to argue whats possible or not, please don’t put assumptions in my mouth.

My graphic was to show the misconception about Integrated spall liner that Sartt and Nano fight over.

1 Like

How can it show a misconception if it’s an impossibility?

I genuinely don’t know what to even reply to this with its genuinely stupid

I think Chinese tanks SUCK

whaaaat?! DDD:

Yeah, they currently indeed do in-game.
I’m banking on them fixing the issues I described here:

1 Like

/s :)

Sartt said “Spall Liner is wedged between the plates”

That doesn’t make sense, as Nano has shown in his graphic. How can a spall liner in the armour array catch spall from the plates that it is in front of. Nano’s art shows this doesn’t make sense. IF SOMEHOW the abrams does have a integrated SL then it would be closer to how my graphic showed its protection.

Maybe I should have stated it in my original messages, the reason why specifically pointed out the Abrams and Merkava as they currently have the bug report open on Integrated Spall Liners, in case those reports were referenced. I would need to go read that research more on those and there sources.

My intent wasn’t to come here a join the shit spewing that is “MuH AbRaMs SpAlL LiNeR” so I apologize if it came off that way.

It’s okay. I understand. Thank you for your elaboration.

I want Minor tanks to be a better spot. Every nations suffer from Sweden and Russia tanks dominance.

Abrams have their problems
Challengers have their problems
Leopards have their problems (they are still really good tho)
Arietes have their problems
Leclercs have their problems
ZTZs have their problems
Merkava have their problems
Type 90/10 have their problems

Anytime Spall liners are mentions, any topic quickly devolves into cave man era unga bunga. Since gaijin decided to shoehorn spall liners into the game and only to certain tanks. It leads to a sense of unfairness.

Gaijin confirmed Arietes and leclercs would be getting their SL, Leclercs still have yet to get their and Arietes spall liners are just 2 dinky blankets on the turret cheeks and still not word on the ZTZ and theirs, actually insulting.

EVENTUALLY every nation gets their spall liners, thats going to leave the Merkavas and Abrams in a spot (gameplay wise and balance wise) where they don’t have them while everyone else does. So the that bridge will eventually need to be crossed.

2 Likes

i agree with this.

Do the chinese tanks not have their angled turret modelled? im pretty sure that was a feature mentioned in their devblog so it would be a bit mad of them not to add it… would explain why theys till feel like they cant look down for sht.

you should add challengers and there many problems.