What do you think of the armor performance of ZTZ99A?

Gaijin has talked about how DU cant really be implemented and another method would be just buffing the protection of that composite block, this may be them just buffing it to get similar performance to how DU would be in real life.

Bad wording on my part, changed it to description. Ppl probably wouldn’t notice the difference if they weren’t looking for it, and they wouldn’t be looking for the difference unless they already knew about the DU

“It can’t be implemented”
“just buffing it to get similar performance to how DU would be in real life.”

I heard that Gaijin wasn’t able to get real rolled homogenous armor to appear on the screen, either. So they just modeled it roughly to how it would be in real life. Just like everything else. Since it’s a videogame on your screen…

1 Like

Can’t they use some equation with the physical and mechanical properties of DU? If it isn’t publicly available I can understand

You once again prove my point, that a majority of you people on the internet can’t read, nor do you even attempt to see if you’re wrong. Here is the IPM1

So by your image the IPM1 Should also have D.U there right?

1 Like

Come on man read the rest of it he further explains that the way it is implemented is just increasing the effective thickness of the armor, he should’ve posted a screenshot of m1a1 and a1HC turret armor values at same dist, angle, shell but no one is perfect

Can’t be implemented as in they can’t make is so DU degrades the penetrator based of percentage which is how it SHOULD be but as another way they just buffed the overall protection. So technically speaking DU as in how we know it isn’t really implemented.

You, actually believe this? Its a video game. They can easily make a model, just like they did with the russian tanks , but gaijin being gaijin only wants to have russian tanks be modeled correctly, everyone else? " meh "

1 Like

no it just has the base composite again gaijin just sucks at naming stuff properly they both have the same name but one very clearly gives you over 200mm of extra protection with the same thickness because its actually DU

3 Likes

They refuse to do this, because they know if they actually did, no Round or missile in this game would penetrate the Abrams turret, and nearly every single AFSDS round wouldn’t even penetrate the LFP of the abrams. They’ve been given enough documentation on the Armor, and i will qoute them " don’t believe " because they want to keep the U.S Tanks artificially nerfed, just like they don’t want to give the chinese their spall liners. There was another Chinese vehicle that half the chinese player base had PLA sources on and gaijn ignored them for over a year. Because gaijin didn’t believe it.

Its just like there are no true D.U APFSDS round in the game, because if they correctly modeled D.U Darts they would kill everyone in the tank and automatically set fires and melt everything in the tank.

no, they just refuse not to, because they don’t believe its possible.

2 Likes

It is implemented. The M1A1 HC gets over 200mm of KE effectiveness on the turret cheeks over the regular M1A1. As the DU on its cheeks has been modeled.

Please stop your misinformation.

For example the TOR M1 Its widely know how the chinese took this Missile base S.A.M from the russians, and then made a even better version of it than the russian one called the HQ-17 and its missile should be 15 KM, not 12 KM … but gaijin being gaijin said no. and gave the chinese the inferior russian version.

2 Likes

Nah, the actual abrams do not have any DU armour in the hull, there is no documentation on that. Further on, I have documentation against it. In the late 1990s US made a series of tests on DU armour, this includes the HA variant which contains DU hull armour, but the extra weight brought problems to both maintenance and reliability so it was given up. I believe that nothing before SEP V2 has any major modification to its hull armour.

2 Likes

You’re look at gaijin made up protection values, yet you don’t understand how D.U Works. D.U is dense than the tungsten hitting it, and would limit the amount of spalling when the rod hits the D.U, this is physics There is no D.U armor in game, because the physical Characteristics OF D,.U IS NOT MODELED.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

Ah, so the DU armor is actually the integrated spall liner we’ve been hearing of.

1 Like

DU is not pure Uranium-238, its around 40-65% so the real statistics should be similar to tungsten. The DU is supposed to be incored into the ceramics layer, like how they make nuclear fuel putting UO2 into ceramics.

1 Like

/facepalm The BRL started modifying and increasing the Hull of the Abrams in 1988, and then there is the out right statment from the stating all Abrams made after 1998 have D.U in their hulls from the government that regulates all D.U used in the military, then the bug reports proving there is D.U in the hull with actual SOURCES M1a2 SepV2 missing hull armor // Gaijin.net // Issues

NO the spall liner is wedged between the plates, which is why if the abrams is ever penetrated, the only thing that will be made is a small hole , which has been seen in numerous pictures, and even on wiki leaks where a unknown projectile penetrate the side of a Abrams. No crew were killed.

this is the old way there are " newer " ways which is on the sep v2 / v3 abrams which i can’t talk about.

should have something else in between the armor plates, but i forgot the name of it.

Genuinely cant believe im having to bring back this image
Untitled196
SPALL LINERS CANNOT EXIST BETWEEN ARMOUR PLATES IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE

3 Likes

There isn’t a physical blanket in the armour array. The composite itself is made of materials that produce less spall. It won’t provide the same spall protection that a blanket liner does.

These are made up numbers, just to show an example
No SL: 45° Spall Angle
Integrated SL: 35° Spall Angle
Blanket SL: 15° Spall Angle

1 Like