What are these in the gunners area of the OS2U-1? They kinda look like bombs to me.
Ah I see thank you! Be interesting if they were usable in game.
In game model needs the wooden texture
Should be floating flares/beacons to be used as markers, generally for finding other seagoing vessels for whatever reason
Thank you very much! I wonder if we’ll ever see this implemented into War Thunder. I think they’d be pretty useful for pointing out targets in naval EC!
Smoke flares have various uses. Bouyant versions are may be used to enable the crew to determine wind direction and wave height prior to a water landing. They can also be use to mark the position of survivors or points of interest, although the manual release and lack of bombsight make this very approximate and no replacement for true target indicator bombs.
would be cool if dropping them within a radius of a battleship scouted them, giving naval planes a scouting ability of sorts.
I’ve actually been wanting scouting to come to naval for a long time now, as I think it’d be fun to just fly around in either a small hydro plane or a bigger one like the BV 138 C-1 and just mark targets for my team. This mechanic could work as a radius, scouting multiple targets in its vicinity. I think planes that were used for scouting irl should get a “scouting site”, where it’s a first person site of where the scouter would be in the planes and you can just fly around and scout targets. If I have time I might make a suggestion for scout planes in naval and ground some time.

