Air battles take place in certain conditions one would catalog as CAT-III sometimes and especially in Sim (I don’t play sim but I believe it would be a neat adition anyway) some ILS glide slope system would help.
I’m not suggesting players to learn the jeppesen charts for each airport.
This would also aid landing in dark condition and will generally help players land properly without hitting the ground way too hard.
Gajub ples. Dank yoo.
Well, but but your suggesting they should be able to follow a glideslope…
(Note: I’m all for it, btw, and/or GCA.)
it’s just following a line. For commercial aviation the ILS is mandatory in order to ensure a safe approach. Military aircraft aren’t forced to use the glide slope as they have the combat approach procedure. But still, the glide slope in war thunder would aid a lot. A way to do it is to cast a ray forward and up in an angle then have players go on their own past Minimums. A major issue though is that there’s trees often right at the end of the runway and the touchdown marks are right there. Still the ILS antenna thingy would help with low vis. Can be triggered by presence in around N distance radius from the airport’s center and face both ways of the runway, and rendered as a thin ribbon of light similarly textured like the light cones displayed in the sensor view of the replays.
I’d rather have it working realistically instead of yet another fake way to display something.
But again, I myself am absolutely for implementing more elaborate and realistic NAVAIDS and gauges.
1 Like
realistic ILS will be indeed cooler and probably even educational beyond “yak OP pls nerf” and “vark vark vark”