Ways the game can improve in my opinion

I’m not sure I agree on this one.

The one thing I especially disliked about the other tank game was how the economy was structured around the buying/selling of tanks and modules. To progress at a reasonable pace (without being broke) you had to sell your previous vehicles, and you end up in a situation where you no longer own any of the things you’ve researched.

SL is easier to come by in WT, but still I don’t think we should stray into that kind of mechanic. It might encourage Gaijin to rebalance SL income at some point, saying “you could always just sell the vehicles you don’t need”

Besides, I think of War Thunder as a collecting game, part of the appeal is holding on to the vehicles you unlock. The idea of selling a vehicle wouldn’t occur to me, but maybe others feel differently?

6 Likes

Get rid of Conquest in ground!

I would revert all the maps back to how they were a year ago with cover and foliage. Put them all on a strict rotation. I would cut the game in two at Tier 3 and have two divisions. The first focusing on WW2 the second on cold war with a focus on allowing more direct entry to top tier and modern.I would introduce era specific maps based on war zones rather than holiday destinations.I would give console players proper flying controls at a basic level.I would make no CAS grb game and stop nerfing cas to appease none flyers.

1 Like

Okay but is this bad though…

Honestly, here is what I would like to see:

GAB/GRB/AAB RP increase to ARB levels/hr

GAB classification system rework- some lightly armored mediums reclassed as LTs, some heavier mediums reclassed as heavies (cough cough panther), TDs relegated to two roles- TDs (open-top/vulnerable only) and SPGs (more armored, think jagtiger)

GAB role rework- visibility given an actual purpose, classes of tanks given abilities (LTs would be able to go off map/visibility for a time, mediums would get a repair boost, TDs may get a temporary ambush ability)

Removal of tiny tims in GAB, changes to aircraft loadouts in GAB

Possible minimum fuze distance for rockets in GAB, variable

Bomber gunner buffs for AAB/ARB

AAB maps to ARB

Oh yeah and naval spawning system for GRB

Crew lock should be removed, at least for premium players.

Like, if i want to play one particular tank, i’ll leave after one death. Also, if i’m not feeling like playing uptier or playing on some map i don’t like, i’ll leave regardless. And i shouldn’t be punished for it. I pay for premium time in game and you prevent me from playing? Only gaijin could came up with this

And if i get crewlock on everything i want to play - well, F U then, i’ll just quit game for today

Also, this: Static targets for high caliber artillery? - #3 by Hudler

And this: GAZ-66 with ZU-23-2 - #16 by thethrill8284257

1 Like

Remove ALL red zones from the maps!

2 Likes

How would that work?

Red zones prevent you from leaving the map, or getting to places that would be too unfair or not intended. They are also used to balance maps more.

Let’s just agree to disagree.

1 Like

That doesn’t answer my question.

Didn’t really see any reason for it, since we obviously have very different opinions.

The only purpose of the red zone is to support poor and inexperienced players by modifying the maps and creating lanes where players are forced to face each other head on, making skill and map knowledge less important.

1 Like

Map knowledge is the most important skill in war thunder. You also need to adapt to changing maps, which if you have adequate map knowledge, you will be able to easily do.

Some map changes are bad, like the American desert changes and , some are good, such as the Sinai changes. People just see map=smaller and have a meltdown.

The Sinai changes made playing the map bearable because you can no longer go straight toward a single sniping spot that overlooked the entire map. The Japan changes got rid of cheesy spots that didn’t have reliable countered. The Hurtgen changes made it so you actually have to play the game instead of sitting at the edge of the map and not moving. And the Mozodok changes got rid of a spawncamping spot, and they made me realize how good another flanking route is.

I see so many people think that flanking is just spawncamping, which I heavily disagree with. However, they have a point sometimes. People will do whatever they can to get to an unfair position with very few counters under the guise of flanking or sniping.

1 Like

Hell yeah!

Why not?

This would require a total restructuring of the TT system.

Giving a specified amount to use every week/month was my idea on this subject.

Completely lost me, volumetric makes sense.

—————————————————————————————

Generally speaking; the reason they give 140 GE is just so you can buy that first premium.

1 Like

Yes, because if there’s not a server to login to because the company closed shop, you don’t get to enjoy your new SL.

I just had northern holland from the bottom of the map, and where the houses are to the left, was in the red zone, and sitting on the crest of the hill makes you unable to actually depress your gun enough to get something, so you’re pretty screwed on the left side there.

Almost needs reporting to allow that little stack of houses out wide.

terrible you don’t have to spend months on one tree

Oh, please do!

i am living in your head.

Rent free.

Again…allowing players to leave easily will be BAD to the game…if players play only what they want EVERYONE will have problems finding matches…not every player in the game can have the matchup/map/uptier he wants…

I dont see why premium should be different on this…

If anything i would make leaving HARDER…and dont tell me the game is broken on this or that…it is probably true, but players will ALWAYS find a reason to leave in search of the game they want…and if many do this, game can become unplayable…

As a quick example…players leaving due to maps they dont want will INCREASE the number of players that leave before begining or after one death…cant see how this would be better…

Oh Heavens forbid people play what they want…

I will leave after one death even if i have full lineup. 2 reasons:

1. I want to play my favorite tank, not some craps i don’t feel like or tanks that do not really work on certain maps (vidar on big map? Great. Vidar in city CQB map? No, thanks)

2. It’s faster and more efficient to grind with one premium tank. I like modern tanks - that means i need to skip 2137 ww2 shitboxes to start researching modern vehicles for lineups. And grind in unsufferable. I have to spend ungodly amount of time grinding just to start enjoying tanks i like.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game

1 Like