War Thunder "Sky Odyssey" - Changelog

Not shure where to post.
L.Dv.4000/10
copyImage
copyImage

3 Likes

Could be a new suggestion or machinery of war discussion?

1 Like

Please add an option so that aircraft optics dont POI radar targets :0

1 Like

yeah, they are worried about “muh cure times” when they should be more worried that WT is turning into a vehicle only (currently) version of COD where every map is mainly just a 3 lane BS filled mess and where tactics like flanking or sniping, leading to the use of either better tactics to counter such as cas to counter are shut down by limiting how much of a map can be used, where some maps used to be fully open so people could spread out and do what they do best, they are all forced down the main lane with hope that they could reach the specific part of the map that fits their playstyle in what playable area there still is

Now that nuclear escalation is not considered as an event, can you play it to grind vehicles events?

yes you can!!

1 Like

When will the India 30mki come out?

2290cadd2f952ccd35abe5e6f7406c9c

ngl making people join nuclear thunder matches at this point:
image
is an actual waste of time. why does disabling join in progress matches not work for NE

7 Likes

As I understand it, they made a thing so that after firing all the missiles that the aircraft’s radar is capable of tracking, no more missiles can be launched???

Fix your CDK that you broke with this update, please.

Hopefully not anytime soon

Yeah man, I know it’s been a minute since I played it, but I generally remember it being able to whip around at most speeds. Meanwhile the B-52 at around 7-800km/h has actually been more responsive in turns. Not sure what’s made it a brick in Arcade, but hopefully they fix it soon, I like using it at that BR range when I play US in that range - but for now I’m glad to be done it again as I now attempt the suffering that is the F-102 in Arcade.

2 Likes

Okay, so, I’ve actually now gotten to playing this as I try to spade aircraft you added stuff to again, it, and the Voodoo I was kinda slacking on. I don’t know about RB/SB - but in Air Arcade this things is abysmal. The last time I was getting blanked in matches and research like this was when AMRAAM’s and the like were first added. One of four things needs to happen to this plane to make it so it can actually research things so it can maybe be useful, or actually be useful. In order from smallest change to most drastic:

  1. Make Rockets Stock - remove the ‘FFAR Might Mouse’ modification and just give us the rockets from the go, so we can maybe take out some AA’s or something to score some points and RP towards more missiles and aircraft performance upgrades.

  2. Change The Starting Missile - maybe if it started with the AIM-4F as it’s starter freebies having 2 all-aspect SARH missiles might give it a fighting chance on the merge.

  3. Improve/Fix the AIM-4’s - looking at the stat card, I’m baffled how these things are Mach 3, with a nearly 3 times the G overload as a 9B, and an extra 2 seconds of guidance time over the 9B, but actually seem to perform way worse than them. I get it has a contact warhead instead of a proximity, but the way it tracks sometimes even against straight line targets is 10 kinds of WTAF. Even if it doesn’t kill it - the thing should at least be able to hit a multi-engine bomber in a lazy left turn from within 3km. Only time these missiles are hitting is within 2km, closer to 1km - least the 9B for all it’s shortcomings can usually down a target when fired from 2-2.5km out.

  4. Lower The Plane’s BR - this is seriously a nuclear option, not sure how well it accelerates to around supersonic speeds when upgraded, but with just how bad these missiles perform it almost doesn’t matter. 8.3 and 8.7 planes with 9B’s or equivalents will likely smoke it, if not anyone who just waits for it to get close and has guns.

As is, getting through it in one tree is gonna be pain, let alone two.

1 Like

The rockets should be stock and Gaijin should work on implementing a rocket ballistics computer for air to air use

1 Like

where isthe option to remove the fuel tanks?

1 Like

The only option you have is installing those 6-packs of HVARs, otherwise those fuel tanks are integral to the plane

Spoiler

also, holy moly, the compression on that pic is crazy

1 Like

i though they said that youwould be able to remove them if you want without the rockets

When did they say that?

1:10:08
“with something else” he means the rockets? i though that they would allow you to just remove them