War Thunder "Sky Odyssey" - Changelog

Unfortunate

Those would be pretty awesome to have irl

They were actually on a good run with new maps. Golden Quarry, Flanders and Test Site are all good maps imho. Then they produced Attica and Darwin Hill, and both maps share the same problem: if you lose the first engagement you might as well not respawn because comebacks are incredibly difficult.

Any map that incentivises 1DL is an abysmal failure in my books.

In particular, playing Darwin Hill with Germans on your team at the mid tiers is fighting for a lost cause. The map is dominated by mobility and CAS because it’s so small, it has no cover, and it has so many power positions to camp from. So anyone in a slower vehicle gets caught out of position during the initial engagement against enemies that are already entrenched and with the cap advantage; and then gets bombed trying to dig them out; and then gets camped trying to leave second spawn.

This is why my strategy on Darwin Hill has been to spawn the PAK Puma and then fly. But unfortunately even if you win the first engagement on your side, you can’t stop your team from melting.

Look at this situation four minutes into the match:

Four minutes!

After several matches on this map where the team melted basically upon contact, I decided I can’t be bothered with this alpha strike crap and I banned it. It’s very sad, because I had to unban Attica to ban Darwin Hill, but that’s alright. If I get Attica I’ll just return to hangar and switch to another nation while the crew lock runs its course. Modern problems require modern solutions.

1 Like

The AIM-120D is casually flying at Mach 3 while spinning like a damn Beyblade. I guess the laws of physics simply stopped existing in the Snail universe.

But if that’s the case, why do our aircraft still have to fly straight? Come on, Gaijin, let them spin their way across the map too. At least be consistent with your physics.

what s the point of deactivate Classic Mode (Plane Realistic Batlle) to try to get Bullet Hell, and still manage to get in a Classic Mode ?

image
Anyone wanna donate 100GE so i can finish the mark… </3

dude magachs are not slop tanks

2 Likes

Until the Gal batash, yes they definitely are.

it’s a line consisting of minor changes that barely change the tank until the gal.

The M48A5 also fits that description no matter how much you huff the nationalist copium.

1 Like

Dude, Magach 5, 6R, HYDRA, 6M, 6B are as unique as the MOLF is, not to mention the 7C, Sabra, Gal batash

4 Likes

Gaijin really just ruined the Magach variants reputations by adding nothing else for too long. I don’t think people would complain like this if they varied their additions a bit better.

3 Likes

other than the Pareh is any other interesting variant?

Depends if you like Magachs, there’d different armor, firepower, engine and FCS setups between variants that people would already say is enough if they weren’t half of the whole tree.

People don’t take issue with Bf-109 or Spitfire variants, because throughout the trees there is so much more than just those.

is there a gap for them? 8.0, 8.7, 9.3 are full, are they any 9.7/10.0 or 8.3 worthy? else they wouldnt be the best thing

Israel can have fully unique ranks I-III without Greek copy&paste. Greece was added out of laziness, which is sad.

1 Like

You can’t. You can only deactivate classic mode to queue in exclusively for Nuclear Escalation. Sadly, Bullet Hell requires queueing for classic mode which means you get it once in a blue moon because of fuckass instaqueue 16v16 autism battles.

1 Like

like? because the models i know are already in…
No Israel didn’t have anything before 1948…Which means the 51s and Sakeen and B17 and Spitfire mkIX is the lower it goes…

I’m not saying to add more Magachs now, I’m trying to say the ones we have are sufficiently different. It just feels exaggerated because we lack alternatives.

Personally I think the Greek M48A5 for example seems like an interesting tank on its own, a nice unique upgrade for the tank. But since half the tree already is upgraded Pattons it just loses that when it comes to the game.

1 Like

yea for me it should be folder with the A3 MOLF, between the AMX-30 and Leopard 1V

1 Like

Was talking specifically about ground forces, just because a nation was formed after WW2 does not mean they immediately had access to modern tech, and due to embargoes Israel was behind the west technology-wise up until the 1960s. I do agree air could use some external help but Israel has a couple of good additions for lowtier air too. It could potentially have an air tree with ranks I-III with only Israeli vehixles but it’d be very bare.

Here’s an air tree with lowtier ranks and with Greece:

2 Likes

I was talking for air .
Nice work though!