War Thunder may need an entirely new air combat mode:)

My native language is not English, and this article will be translated using AI. Please forgive any inaccuracies.
FOX3 has already been added to the game, and I think it’s time to introduce a new mode to War Thunder air combat that is separate from the history of air combat.
Issue One: At present, due to the habit of turning left at the beginning and the known location of enemy airfields, most players’ trajectories are completely predictable to the enemy, lacking the “discovery—enemy search” fun in air combat.
Solution: Cancel the mode of taking off from the airport, and players can take off in the air in a large area (be born directly in the air). For example, I can choose to be born on the far right side of the map to avoid mixing with the main force and achieve a surprise effect.
Issue Two: Currently, there are too few BVR strategies in the top-tier air combat rooms.
Solution: Cancel the display of enemy IDs (refer to the history of land combat), and introduce an early warning aircraft mechanism. At the beginning of the game, there will be one or more early warning aircraft hovering in the rear, using radar to monitor the enemy’s airspace and mark it for our fighters. The marking method can refer to the four-cornered square in the TWS mode (hereinafter referred to as the square). Considering the role of the data link in the future, the following design can be made: Fighters with a data link can obtain enemy information at a faster frequency, while the square update speed of fighters without a data link is slower (in reality, they rely on the early warning aircraft to verbally report the enemy situation through communication).
In this mode, more strategies can be derived:
Turn off the radar, evade the enemy’s RWR while using the early warning aircraft data to approach the enemy aircraft. Due to the free choice of birth points, we can even use infrared missiles to raid enemy aircraft.
Under the cover of teammates, break through the enemy’s air defense line and attack the enemy’s early warning aircraft.

5 Likes

I really like your idea, and I’d love to see it in the game.

But have you seen how much time and complaining it took from the community for them to implement the option for the possibility of a smaller match size? If they refuse to even reduce the player count, I dont see any meaningful or positive changes coming to air Rb gamemodes in the next 10-15 years.

2 Likes