War Thunder "Dance of Dragons" - Changelog

Try deleting your cache and verifying files afterwards. (Can also delete the “compiledShaders” folder too if you like. Cache for camos etc. If you do delete that folder, launcher will download some files again automatically. It wont be a new a patch downloading fwiw.)
I pretty much always delete those two and do a file check/verify after every major update, and even with every patch that downloads. Just in case.

I just did some test drive shooting with the Freccia, they are going WAY up high by themselves o.O You should restart and do a test again and see if you see if anything just changed for you.
Like they are going almost up as high by themselves as compared to if you aim them up manually before firing with the Freccia (I don’t have any other Spike carriers that I can test that can elevate manually before firing, if there are any others anyway.)

Some inconsistencies with some new Payloads:

1. SB2C- 1C Version has customizable Loadout. The only Version of the 3
  2. SB2C-4 : Now it’s possible to load 2 Armor piercing 1000lb rounds in the Bomb bay, but not 2 normal 1000lb Bombs !?
  3. The french Version SB2C-5 now can load 4000lb in total. Much more then the others.
  4. Spitfire LF mkIX. Only Premversion got the new bomb. The One in TT not. In the bug report, there is also a 2*250lb loadout mentioned. That is not implemented at all.
3 Likes

Bleh, ok so my RU lineups got shuffled, but my Swedish ones didn’t.
(Ok…so only SOME of my RU presets got shuffled, but others are still just as I had them.)

1 Like

I only did the checking files first just to give it a try, and it seems it worked, yay!

Replying to your Spike comment; after checking and restarting, I am trying Spikes again… and I think Gaijin is just working with them in real time; sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. It’s inconsistent, but still an improvement so far.

If they were 10% reliable pre-patch, now they are 40% reliable.

1 Like

It’s so sad. Japan still can’t shoot down a helicopter from the ground.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the janus on the freccia have thermals?
Italy got almost nothing in this update and that nothing is unfinished
Like the Lynx that is still missing the spall liners

1 Like

Seems so, yes

janus
source

3 Likes

Only nation to get 3 high tier aircraft this update, while already having more high tier aircraft than several minor nations combined. Japan and Sweden got nothing this update.

F-104A/C dominate the 9.3 bracket for a long time now, and are basically untouchable in a good player’s hand.
F-8U2 dominates the 10.0 bracket even worse since the last decompression. Every barely sentient idiot can get a 2-3 K/D in it.
F-14s dominate the 12.3 bracket with the only ARH missiles there and pull 11.3 into full uptiers all the time. If one team doesn’t get F-14s it usually starts off as 13vs8 or smth by the time the actual fight starts.

There’s even more problematic aircraft further down, like the US F84F being the only one that still has an air spawn, while all other F84Fs start on the ground. Or the XP-50.

F-111F with 6 AIM-9L (and Mavericks) sits at the same BR as the F-111C with only 4 AIM-9L (without Mavericks).

And that’s just off the top of my head. Regarding aircraft there is absolutely an US bias, likely bc it’s their biggest cash cow.

7 Likes

And it comes with all the handholding to make up for the inevitable skill issues faced by new players who naturally gravitate towards the US tree.

5 Likes

Which means that their aircraft are undertiered and should be moved up.

4 Likes

RE RE RE check xD they seem to be DELAYING their curve up now, even at short ranges lol. Even at 0.4 km they curve up a bit before coming back down.
I’m hoping something intentional is going on, and that it becomes and STAYS good 🤞

1 Like

well i am missing something on my gripen a? it appears the a did NOT get the bombs

inb4 someone claims the 120 additional CMs on the F-111C justify the BRs being the same

1 Like

First, I do not disagree with these arguments, however, maybe it’s a good time to grind/spade it before any BR changes are made 😂

Definitely the highlight vehicles of the update for me! :D

Mogador and Tama give us two more KanColle characters (RIP Kuma), and with especially good timing as Mogador was only added to KC a month ago. :)

The new layout with B on the other side looks quite fun. :)

All very nice! The Chi-Ha/etc one gives some massive reverse speed buffs. :D

I made a post with a look at all the new tank reticles. :)

The new automatic towing feature is great. Removing manual towing absolutely is not. >:(

A very welcome improvement that I’m sure everyone will forget about when they want to complain that the devs never do anything nice. >.>

As a controller player who uses combos for most things, this sounds amazing! :O

where are the Jdam?

Look in 39C

Solid warning:
no medals images when check awards:

This is a new feature or worth to submit an issue ticket?

it said all variants of the JAS39, also the capability to carry guided ammunition did not come with the c variant, the c is only having the rb99

1 Like