War Thunder "Dance of Dragons" - Changelog

Did you all change the lethality on 1,000 lbs. bombs on U.S. planes???

I would regard the ADATS being classified as SPAA again as a pretty good compensation.

3 Likes

Yeah that part I liked

Not a fan of reducing ammo capacity though

Why would a SPAA only have 200 rounds of 25mm when the IFV it was based on had like 1500?

Protection analysis is currently broken

1 Like

If it’s an accurate change, then I don’t mind. In the end it’s a missile SPAA, and the gun is only secondary. I don’t think it will matter that much unless you were running the ADATS as a meh TD. The gun was otherwise only useful for close range helicopters, in which case 200 is probably still enough.

It’s also going to get a .50 cal too in the future apparently, so that can help too for those close ranges.

5 Likes

Id have just delayed the change till they added those new mechanics that allow for things like SPAA to rearm elsewhere than the cap points. I know that is one area of the ADATS (UK) That puts me off using it is the pain it is to try and rearm. Limited canon ammo would be a non-issue if you could resupply without having to enter dangerous territory in an extremely weak “tank”

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean they can’t add lower tier machines when they don’t have top tier machines for a particular update, like they added a T1E1 for US ground. There is no reason to skip entire nations other than having nothing left to add in the entire tree, which isn’t true for either of the two nations that got nothing this patch.

Hell, if you argue about the F-16 having so many variants, there’s still plenty variants of the J35 left to be added. J35B, J35F, J35F-1, J35F-2, J35F-3, danish Saab 35XD, austrian J35Ö. Some of those would fit into similar BRs as the new US jets this update. 35XD could bring AGM-12B to Swedish air. Either the Danish or Austrian one could be a squadron vehicle of which Sweden has none for high tier air.

Space issue.

No and no 😭

Maybe because Sweden never had any heavy tanks just like Israel so all the crying about not being able to do dailies with these nations is just players being dumb for being mains and not playing multiple nations. Realistically Kungstiger should have never been added as it was nothing but rusty target on firing range and the new KV-1 is good as premium cause they had a single piece of it.

1 Like

What a joke, more weight but no more armor added.

4 Likes

Yeah but why have a gun at all at that point

In two very unscientific test fires with the Vilkas, the Spikes also seem to be working better 😃

1 Like

Yeah, I have been testing them in the Tiger HAD mk2 test drive in different configurations (altitude, angle…) and they seem much more consistant than before. They hit center of mass more reliably, meaning if you don’t kill you’ll at least get a crit on the turret.
Still not perfect (top attack profile is still extremely shallow), but they are much more playable against tanks

2 Likes

One has thermals and one does not.

So far, it’s strange; I am getting WAY better results on the new PUMA; however, on Namer, it’s still huge garbage lol

No clue why or whether it’s intended or not.

EDIT: Nevermind, they are all back to garbage again.

2 Likes

Also… every time I log into the game, the crew slot order lineups restore to default, WHYYYYYY :(

I have had to rearrange the crews three times now!

You are asking that on a weird prototype that never got adopted.

Also, a gun with little ammo is still better than no gun. It’s still enough to rip a wing or two off of close, low flying aircraft or give some lights tanks new air holes.

Gaijin clearly doesn’t like Israel that much.

US bias? is this a joke?