Vympel R-73 'ARCHER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

İ stated on my last reply that disccussion was already over, no need to argue about something that hasnt finished and cancelled

Nice try, but try harder.

First question, are you pulling data from the Live server or the Dev server?

Since you made the claim that you have the superior datamining tools over those who taught you.

I’m pulling from either, but usually the dev server (same thing as them). Seeing changes that they see, but with forward knowledge on occasion as to what it is applying to. Especially if it’s only part of a whole change.

Yes, exactly.

What you see on the devserver is not all the changes. They are mostly changes in regards to user reports to keep transparency that reports come to fruition.

They are not the developers own changes which go forthwith to the live server. They are under no obligation to disclose them to us, nor do they have to upload them to the devserver first. They can completely circumvent them and apply them to the live server. Unless you can draw the game files from the live server.

There is no way of entirely knowing for certain if anything is changed in secrecy on behalf of the developers.

The updates are pushed live with few exceptions. When they aren’t, I know because I can pull from both.

If it comes to live, or not… It’s reflected in the datamine.

1 Like

@MiG_23M Any questions?

You’re claiming to see change in variables that are clear and obvious in the datamine… Not hidden background game engine stuff. A singular missile isn’t effected by such changes unless it alone has a variable no other missile does. Stop trolling.

You say it will be easier to code but gaijin will probably make weird body lift code and wonky tail control surface shenanigans

Can you please double check nothing has been changed when you get the chance too. The missile seems to die out of energy a lot quicker over the last week as well.

I actually took a break from the 29 platform because of it. Not even because the SMT, but the G as well.

İnteresting.

When patch dropped i tested it and seemed better then before, did they changed some values again?

Drag was reduced and it pulls less towards targets. Quit trolling.

No point entertaining his antics. He just wants responses from me desparately.

İ was just confused cause when i tested the missile it wasnt wobbling like it was doing before and managed to reach further away, although didnt test it in slow fight in order to see how TV was performing with new values.

Just last weekend it seems to be more flare sensitive and I can no longer target as easily 3km+ like I used to. Seems like end of last week. R27ET as well. It seems shorter in range and more sensitive to flares. Both love friendlies.

Be advised I am flying mostly above mach due to the SMT playstyle if that has any bearing.

I am literally asking you to double check you freak. As you are already looking into the SMT for us.

Different situation looks like.

Cause i was reffering to flight performance rather then IRCCM.

I am starting to notice both. Range I the missile loses energy unlike I am used to plus the flare sensitivity/IRCCM that everyone else is talking about.

Based on this I am taking a break. I can deal with the FM of the SMT, but my main play style with it, Full IR loadout seems like its taking a hit too now. Even the G.

İ see.

Since im grinding M1A2 currently im not playing with my SMT right now.

İ’ll check it later.

1 Like

We know exactly what was changed. The drag was reduced, and PID was improved (less spinning out of control in certain high AoA scenarios). Anything else is nonsense. Ziggy is here to troll, he’s not genuinely interested and wouldn’t even be in this thread if it wasn’t for the fact that he wants my replies or to annoy me.

For sure check it out when you get the chance and let us know what you think.

I am burnt out of the R73 and Mig29 at moment.

1 Like

@MiG_23M @Ziggy1989 guys cmon, you’re better then this.

Both of you want to make Mig29 series better, i have no doubt for that.

But its time to bury those hatches and approach more friendly to each other.

2 Likes