Vympel R-73 'ARCHER' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

We know exactly what was changed. The drag was reduced, and PID was improved (less spinning out of control in certain high AoA scenarios). Anything else is nonsense. Ziggy is here to troll, he’s not genuinely interested and wouldn’t even be in this thread if it wasn’t for the fact that he wants my replies or to annoy me.

For sure check it out when you get the chance and let us know what you think.

I am burnt out of the R73 and Mig29 at moment.

1 Like

@MiG_23M @Ziggy1989 guys cmon, you’re better then this.

Both of you want to make Mig29 series better, i have no doubt for that.

But its time to bury those hatches and approach more friendly to each other.

2 Likes

You right ty. I just asked him to double check.

The following changes have been made as of recent, update numbers attached.

2.29.0.79 to 2.30.0.24

2.30.0.24 to 2.31.1.37

In short, very minor PID change… reduced drag… timeLife (missile guidance duration) reduced from 25 to 20 seconds.

No.

This is the R-73 thread.

No worries.

İ just want to see better Mig29 like you guys want to, this situation caused by Gaijin not by us.

1 Like

Perhaps anything we are feeling? If not why the change?

Its a missile critical to the Mig29s total performance in WT.

Exactly I always look at it as a us vs them mentality. We need not go over why.

1 Like

Discuss how it effects the MiG-29 there. This is the R-73 thread

Only thing you’re feeling is your usual sugar pill personal affirmation (wack attempt at trolling).

Which is a part of Mig29’s armament that will effect its performance, but you’re right we should discuss Mig29 on its proper thread.

Why tho?

You both adult people who can see the differences in opinions, im pretty sure both of you can get agreement at some point.

1 Like

How do you figure? Me being 1 of a million people wanting to improve the Mig29 SMT as trolling when you are literally the one person in the entire community that thinks nothing is wrong with it, or the R73?

Did I make all those other threads? iirc I used think the SMT was fine as is like you.

You are the minority on this but you are hyperfixated on me as if I am the one generating the controversy. These people claimed the SMT was underperforming well before I ever did and still maintain it. I only came over after playing it and research into it further.

MiG-29 history, performance, dissection… has it’s own thread. The R-73 may only be on the MiG-29 (regarding fighters) at the moment but it belongs to a host of other soviet aircraft soon to come to the game and is also on some attackers.

I won’t discuss with Ziggy, he refuses to source opinions and constantly asks people to test stuff he can simply look into on his own… in an attempt to invoke a response from me because he has deeply rooted personal issues with myself. You want good discussion? It won’t happen with Ziggy. The thread will be hundreds of comments further with no actual good dialogue.

İ understand what you mean and totally agree with that.

İts personal opinion in the end so i cant make further advice or comment.

İts up to you.

2 Likes

Videos of you playing 1v1 in a custom match upon first release of the SMT and R73 to top tier is not sources just because you titled it Test 1 and Test 2. Its definitely evidence, but anecdotal evidence.

a picture of you and draco flying it clean min fuel is not a test that has anything to do with Air RB. Why should I accept it? How is it any different from me just saying based on my actual air rb experience? Should I video tape my gameplay? It will still be evidence, but anecdotal evidence as well.

I thought everyone is afforded some level of benifit of the doubt being as all of us played ungodly amount of games at top tier. A number of community members are coming forward saying the missile is underperforming with no relation one to another. Its opinion and testimony evidence of quite a number of players and worth taking a look.

You shouldn’t. Do your own testing. Show us the results.
Further, if you find a discrepancy… report it.

I don’t want to hear about your opinion, show us proof. That’s ALL I’ve done.
You seriously hinder the efforts of those who actually care.
For someone with hundreds of matches and “experience” you’ve been dead wrong about your gut feeling towards changes (it’s because they’re just attempts at trolling).

I care what the community believes as a whole. If I were ever to do it I see what the community thinks and is ok first with being they invested the same amount of time and money (some more) and have a say before I try to set changes in the game.

That is how a true member community carries themselves.

That is why I generate conversation first to see if anyone is even experiencing what I am experiencing first that is what the forums are for. Instead, you high jack the narrative with “I already fixed it” & “I have datamining capability, I have a clearer understanding than all of you”

Now with datamining tools you speak from a false sense of authority. Shutting down any conversation that something may be off in a game you have no right speaking for or defending. As if you know what the developers are up to now.

You keeping tabs on them for us @MiG_23M ? You our inside man?

I don’t. I care about tangibles. You don’t care as much as you claim. You are extremely divisive and constantly changing your opinion and pretending to take some high ground that doesn’t exist.

Is your sole purpose boiled down to bothering me with your nonsense daily?
Provide some basis for your claims. In-game gut feelings are worthless, as you’re finding out. Every time you’ve had one this week it was profoundly incorrect or off the mark.

custom match 1v1s are not “tangibles” whatsoever. FLying in a circle in test flight, min fuel clean is not a “tangible”. There is a reason GJ can care less about what goes on in those game modes. So why use them in your argument with the community?

They monitor the actual game modes that matter. Where the money is at. No one ever invested money into a vehicle so they can test drive it in circles with no weapons. They bought it to compete.

You can record them all you want and title the MIT Aerospace Engineering R73 Test 1 and Test 2 it does not mean anything.

We’ve already had this conversation. You’re wrong as wrong can be.
Tangibles, meaning that the data, in-game testing, and everything we have to cross-analyze what might have changed show no discrepancy of the kind your “gut feeling” and “hundreds of games experience” are telling you. You’re just wrong, and you can’t admit it. You tell me that I have that problem.

How do you think these reports get through, or things get fixed?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/KxpZP6pVerJi
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IFc6rAviKYUE
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/WaAKkG8tTPbW
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/WaAKkG8tTPbW
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9GTye85vKeO8

You helped me test this one.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/PV1HITijUnwT

Go back to being a productive member of the community, please. For your own sake. This nonsensical stuff is beneath you.

Go ahead, call me a narcissist for backing up ALL of my arguments with something tangible besides “I feel…”

1 Like

If this is any of these links are to your own reports you narcissist I am going to jump out of my window.

My guy congratulations you made GJ change a model that has nothing to do with their bottom line.
BRAVO. I am glad I can help.