Vympel R-27 'ALAMO' - History, Design, Performance & Discussion

@MiG_23M your research into the R-27ER is terrible. You cannot even get the warhead weight right. Its 39kg.

Top speed is 4.5 in your own sources multiple times

This is terrible research… Where did you get these links?

Also, another link you sourced states only the N019M Topaz is equipped to cooperate with the R-27ER. This is true.

You also had zero clue that Ukraine operates & sells their own domestic version of the R-27ER. They do not produce Russian spec R-27ERs.

This is proven to be false you are following Ukrainian propaganda. Because they do not want to admit their missile is a failure.

Yes, to customers using Russian radars… And it’s totally compatible. Crazy.

The thread has not been updated aside from pictures using public sources that were collected en-mass prior to the MAI source & parents being found or shared. I haven’t made any claim that these statistics from the thread are true but I did share all of the links I found when doing the research. You’d be hard pressed to find more useful information from any other available sources.

So no, the research was not poor. It is a fairly decent collection of sites and sources from which to paint a picture of something. Certainly, having 60+ websites and various other sources is better than simply making stuff up as you have.

So I’ll ask again… What changed on the R-27ER that precludes it’s use on the N019 when the R-27R (sharing all parts besides motor) is perfectly fine?

Does the R-27ER have any updated guidance compared to the standard R-27?

If so, I suppose it might be possible that the fire control system may not have been properly configured to account for this, and thus the guidance simulations being performed onboard the launching aircraft may be inaccurate and cause the Datalink to transmit incorrect corrections to the missile.

AFAIR, the corrections are not instructions altering the flight path, but rather updates to the positions and velocity of the target, which the missile then computes the new trajectory for

This doesn’t happen with YAK-141 manual lofting, but it happened to me today with MiG-29SMT manual lofting

Yep

Its not done in TWS as in reality the position error is ±8km. As you saw the information needs to be highly accurate.
It’s CW, the document stated monochromatic which is by definition a CW

Its not an emitter. Its the main antenna. When you fire the missile, the radar interleaves between pulsed for tracking(20ms) and CW for guidance(30ms). If lock is dropped, and you immediately relock, it won’t return to this mode as you can see. But it does ingame…
2024-05-29
translated

The antenna is stabilized up to 90°. You can not roll more than 90° that as lock will be simply dropped. OFC you can do 360° rolls without issue in game, who would’ve thought…
2024-05-29 (1).translated
2024-05-29 (1)

1 Like

MiG-29 120 deg.In game 90

Not gimbal limit, aileron roll and maintain lock limit.

1 Like

What does the EM offer over the ER? (How big were the improvements and in what aspects? I’ve only seen about a modified seeker and not much else)

I’m gonna see if I can get a bug report for this. It seems the ‘reconnect datalink’ line is ahistorical.

2 Likes

Heavily is quite slight tbh.
The whole R27R/ER-radar interface- avionics is.
The nastiest one is the Searching speedgate of the R27R/ER. When you fire the missile, the missile searches ± Vgate around the expected target.
Back then, just before the R27R/ERs introduction. The missile had(somewhat) its correct speedgate. ±150m/s as you can see in the manual and the code in 2022 when it first came out.
2024-05-29 (3)
2024-05-29 (5)
Then before the update went live. It was cut by 3. ± 50m/s.
2024-05-29 (4)
You can basically fire missiles at targets much much much much closer to the beam than it could and much more than any other missile. Especially firing at targets from behind.
Why it was correct and then put at an unrealistic value? Surely Bias from someone at gaijin can’t be right?

You can also see it on the notch speed of the radars. The radar cannot detect a target flying at ±210-220 kph from the beam, as stated on the manual. Through, as stated by the dev, sekrit dokumintz, its ±150 kph.
2024-05-29 (7)

These limits are based on N-019 circuity, not on flight manuals. I took rejection filters position and carrier frequency of 11 GHz to provide speed limits. The real operating frequency range may be little bit lower (9-10 GHz) and limits may be little bit higher because of this. But not too much.

I didn’t mention the source I used, so it doesn’t matter if there is rejection filter for some area or pass-through filter for the rest area. I think we understood each other. You can take filters position do some calcullations and have the same values for speed for the same operating frequency.

The radar, like the AWG9, drops targets from locks if the targets velocity components falls under certain threshold. On the AWG9 its ±110 kts and on the SU-27(Mig 29) its ±150 kph, as stated on the manual.
2024-05-29 (2).translated

You can see this pattern everywhere.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind, what page was this on?

HELL even the azimuth limits are wrong. Ingame it tracks up to ±70°.
gimbal
yet in reality the radar drops tracking at 60°.
2024-05-29 (9)

Everything with soviets avionics, he just takes artistic liberty to overperformance. Its just nasty to see. Its like nobody at gaijin checks over his deceitful work.
And ofcourse, nothing at other nations enjoy his ‘artistic liberties’ but need mountains of real data to match it to reality. And even that is sometimes not enough to justify and he then proceeds to use his imagination…

1. But on document 1 of the SU27 manual.
1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/todo3RATsYNY

For the datalink reconnecting

1 Like

Does this even work anymore? I used to be able to do that, but every time I try to do it now it does not work

I’m not 100% sure on TWS updating it, but the datalink reconnecting if you switch STT is a thing

I am specifically talking about STT. I have tried it recently (lock target, fire, unlock, wait a bit, lock again) and it hasn’t worked for me. Maybe I am waiting too long to relock, idk

I just re-did it in a test flight. Sometimes if you wait too long the missile can simply be too far to be able to course-correct in time

(I’m gonna do some games to make sure and to have the replay to add as evidence)

1 Like

Can you also include the sources in the screenshots section alongside the additional documents? I usually put them to both so that other people can see it.

Last time I did on my one for the stinger seeker they said not to