Vulkan crash when running on Linux

Right, Well please let me know how it goes running it through the Steam Runtime.

Haven’t been able to play too much due to other circumstances, I did get one session in where I got up to 7 games without issue. Sample size of one but before I was never really able to get past 6 at most.

Right, Fair enough, When you do get more time play please continue to let me know how it goes. :)

Yes, happens with all of the nvidia drivers.

Ok, i understand. I dont know anything about any of the Linux specific issues that existed before since I haven’t been using the Linux client for that long.
So what about this issue from 2 years ago? Will it ever get fixed? And what if the developers forgot about it, could I make a new issue regarding this or will it just get closed for being a duplicate? I am not trying to corner you, obviously you are a forum moderator and aren’t responsible for these issues but I am simply trying to understand if there is anything that could be done at all from our position in the community. Feels like we do a lot of work for the sake of games health and as a result we get absolutely nothing.

I will continue reporting these problems through the issue tracker as you wish, Its kind of hard to even send the crash report to the devs as when you hover your mouse over the dialogue the mouse quite literally, disappears. You cannot click “ok” or you cannot choose anything in the second screen like if you want to be contacted or not. I made 2 reports for one, the reporter dialogue being uninteractable issue and two, the exception crash itself

I have attached a video for the first issue of the crash reporter, clearly showing what is wrong. If you as a tech mod have access to the video feel free to watch it and tell me if its good. I believe I have done my part. I think its now up to gaijin developers to look into this, if there is anything more I can do please let me know.

In my other forum post - regarding the radio spam issue when scrolling on the map someone told me to update the log files files since they are originally from the WIP client, since i first found out about this issue there and thats when I reported it. Is this the reason the bug might not be getting fixed? If that was the case wouldnt the devs reach out though?

Anyways, thanks for your input. I hope this wall of text wasnt too annoying to read.

By the way it appears the devs chose to bless me today as i got a response to one of my issues,

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/zDZxpDRAYP23

Its not tagged as fixed. looking forward to the next major update.

no pressure to respond to the previous message by any means btw obviously

Right, Thank you. Have you tried any different graphical presets? Narrowing down the cause and finding a way to reproduce it can help the devs quite a bit.

Regarding that report specifically, There isn’t any update on it right now. On reports more generally sometimes some of these Linux specific issue can be a lot more complicated than what they first appear.

Regarding this report, Your logs being from the WIP client won’t be an issue, This issue seems to be affecting all Linux users and is easy to reproduce so I wouldn’t worry about that.

You see? Linux issue do get fixed. ;)

Not sure if it helps at all but I just set these directories as read only as per my thread here. It fixed alot of issues I had with the Linux client (choppy gameplay, stuttering, etc).

$HOME/.config/WarThunder/.game_logs
$HOME/WarThunder/.launcher_log
$HOME/WarThunder/.start_app_logs

It’s not ideal obviously but as someone who just wants to play a game and not bother with bug fixing and cares a jot less about log files it’s a no brainer…