"Uptiers" in air RB

This seriously needs to be removed or reworked for air RB. The differences in aircraft are VASTLY different. F-86k at 9.0 VS a F-104 at 9.3? There’s literally nothing you can do vs that if both pilots are of the same skill level. F9F-8 with 4 missiles at 8.3? What? I haven’t talked to a single person who complains of queue times. So, make the BR difference ± .3 and see how it works. What would it hurt to test. 10 years ago the queue times were a thing. Not now.

2 Likes

± 0.6/7 would already help a lot, but the real issues are the BR compression and the lack of seperate BRs for ground and air battles.

3 Likes

That alone would solve 90% of issues.

2 Likes

Separate mode BRs is supposed to be coming in the next update.

2 Likes

Air RB just suffers from a LOT of compression.

F9F-8 isn’t that good, and those are only AIM 9Bs. Yes it gets 4, but they’re not very good. The F-86K is decent, but it really thrives when there’s not many people around and you can energy trap them.

The F-104 has always been at a weird point where it is either trash or borderline invulnerable with little in-between. It doesn’t belong at 9.3 at all, I agree.

I’d rather have a reduction in team sizes since that’d allow a player to exploit their strengths better without getting 3rd partied everytime.

3 Likes