Updated War Thunder forum

All is gone, very fun huh.
I’ll admit that the old forum wasn’t perfect but this UI is a nightmare, doesn’t scale properly on mobile and has a bunch of other issues.

Can’t understand why they didn’t just migrate existing data into the new UI rather than cleaning 10+ years of data from members.

16 Likes

This, isn’t just a new UI its an entirely new back end.

1 Like

not interested in the new forum.

5 Likes

Kinda convenient it came after the whole bad economy change backlash on the forums isn’t it?

5 Likes

No one asked for this.

5 Likes

Oh, so you are transfering to a worse new forum just thinking this could escape from the unsatisfactiory of the playerbase? No wonder the game is dying.

8 Likes

In this way those old posts about Income Decrease and Russian Bias would be deleted forever.

This change has the be on the the most dumbest thing Gaijin did.

How the fk, do you think, with your smooth as brains, that after you fked us with the removal of custom profile pictures and signatures, now you fk us even more with a shitty new forum… and for what?

After all the backlash you got from the economy change guess you guys didn’t learned and you shoved this change on us.

Why do you keep forcing changes on us without discussing it first?
Why don’t you ask us before if we want this change or not?

For once in you life, stop… think again… and ask us.

10 Likes

That doesn’t mean an automated transfer is completely out of the question. A forum always has a strict structure so it shouldn’t be impossible to write a script that would take the raw data from the old forum and transform its structure to what the new backend expects. Only issue I can see is that links to other forum posts would become broken, but nuking everything is just lazy.

1 Like

My sympathy also goes out to the unpaid suggestion moderators that are gonna be responsible for re-reviewing ALL the suggestions that are about to be posted over from one forum to the other.

On a side note, am I seeing that right or is there no longer a nation subdivision in the “machinery of war” subforum.

2 Likes

What an honestly terrible idea you’ve created here Gaijin and Mods, removing all posts, changing the layout, and destroying all the history you’ve left to rot on the old forum. I bet from this you’ll kill this bit of the community hundreds if not thousands of posts created won’t ever get reuploaded you do know that, right? You’ve removed the work of hundreds all for some cheap and shoddy-made forum at some poor attempt at saving face.

7 Likes

this is worst change, if you keep this, i will quit from this forum.

1 Like

Apparently we’re limited to 5 embeds and 2 links with new posts which basically means we can’t even copy over old suggestions into the new forum.
We can’t even link proper sources to make new ones either… Great going.

5 Likes

So if I call mains out, as people know how stuffed up they are.
So in 15 days they can edit my post that could get me banned.

Like what the hell is this ? You lot high or something.

2 Likes

The new UI is bad, and it is not a case of I dislike new things and change.

The infinite scroll makes it hard to find specific posts, will be lovely to read 500-100 pages (old forum) of rumor roundup in this style and trying to find a specific post to reply to.

The main UI (overview of the different sections) is non-existent now. I, probably others too, would look at the recent posts, now that is gone too.

I think the usability of the new forum layout is close to non-existent and for me makes it really not appealing.

Enlisted uses the same style, and it always drove me away from trying to use the forums because it is so hard to orientate yourself and find specific stuff.

Big thumbs down from my part. Will probably use the forums less now or stop using them at all.

11 Likes

Oh nice, time to have another temper tantrum.

1 Like

I don’t mind the layout of the new forum, but it definitely isn’t worth the loss of all the threads that existed previously, and all the work some of us put into posts, only to see them turned to dust overnight. Unless the old forum content gets ported over, I’m likely quitting the forums.

2 Likes

What an Amazing downgrade we have here. What was wrong with the old forum?

6 Likes

Im sure you guys worked hard on this, I rather like alot of the features its offers, some really modern stuff here! But i guess that makes me an outlier maybe?

I just think it needs polishing thats all. And maybe a light mode

You cant really mean that though, its clear theyre trying to make a newer approach. I can see this already has some new features which are very cool.

I do miss the old graphics and it needs some polishing thats all.

But people have been complaining for 10 years about how convoluted and difficult the old forum was.

Like cmon guys, we deserve to complain about alot, but this clearly just needs more fleshing out which im sure will come