Updated War Thunder forum

Lol cant even ignore People anymore or edit Posts :D

Pretty much !

Every single novelty in this new format aims to disengage the community from the forums which by itself is scandalous . But just to robe some more salt to the injury Gaijin is dumping 10yrs of history to the trash bin , countless historical sections , documents and what not .

Shows how much Gaijin has learned from recent events and how much they really care about their community. Words can mean many things , acts reveal the intention and acts speak for themselves in this case !

5 Likes

To be honest I do not dislike it. I would like though, that it had been said previously. I think gaijin devs are trying to do something of our likings, and we are being a bit too tough with them. I believe we should have the old forums to be a permanent thing, even though its read only, to not lose history and older suggestions and such. But this one, although need a bit more of touch, is okay

My suggestion is making a video in the war thunder official channel in youtube, as a tutorial of how to navigate in the new forums! Thank you

Except from the dark theme this new design is useless. Killing all the links was also a brilliant move…

1 Like

This new forum is awful.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was getting kind of bored with this game after playing for 10 years anyways, this may be the nail in the proverbial coffin, I’m not really up for needing social credits to gain full forum functionality…

2 Likes

Putting my salt aside, some changes to this layout are good like the slider thing on the right, but most everything else is poop. And this isn’t, “Oh this is new I don’t like it automatically”. Its genuinely hard, for me at least, to navigate and see specific things

1 Like

And the lack of being able to edit posts is so garbage

Is this some sort of a revenge for the buttkicking over the economy changes???
Because it certainly looks like that…
This new “forum” looks horrible, works horrible and overall reminds me the vintage poor 90’s style. Not to mention the crazy rules for trusted memeber or whatever it is called…

Seeing the amount of negative feedback, let’s see how do you actually listen to your community. Oh wait, I think I know your answer. “It’s done, nothing can be changed back, sorry…” Which is why you didn’t tell us before the change has been implemented…

6 Likes

I have just extended my bad review on steam. Was gonna change it after the roadmap, but this change just negated that

1 Like

How can I edit a suggestion waiting for approval? I need to add some more stuff.

Not a fan, would’ve been better to just add a dark mode to the original forum.

its sucks

Kinda sad my posts are gone, but I’ll live with it. Hi mods!

Yeaah no, this ain’t it chief.
Especially considering that NONE of the topics from the original forum have been migrated over, meaning that basically all useful posts and other information have to be written anew, which isn’t likely in almost all cases, not mentioning the lack of proper reactions to posts, lacking customizability in such a bland and minimalistic website design and more.

1 Like

I’m really sad the specific language sections are all gone.
In french sub forum we had a lot of things we shared for the community.
As every one knows in the world, French people are not good at foreign languages including english. An important part of French players do not read english.

6 Likes

I hate it. I can’t find Smin’s page, I can’t find the F-16 page I was on, absolute horror.

1 Like

Another dumb decision from Gaijin, who would’ve guessed?

5 Likes

Wait… did they just delete all topics in the machinery of war section? That’s outrageous!

1 Like

Hail All!

Am I a PC user for me the new forum is disgusting.