Updated War Thunder forum

It reads on big white letters “Official News, Development Blogs and Updates”

1 Like

Yeah but is there currently news? Tell me what they are about in the new form to show me how much better the new forum is. In the old one I can see in 1 second oh look update, oh look devblog about emilie Bertain. You cannot do this here.

3 Likes

But maybe someone only want to see, if there’s news in a specific “sub- sub- category” like it was in the old form.

Plain & simple.

If i’m lurking around in the forum, i’m not in search for a specific named topic every time, nor do i want to set specific things everytime time / beforehand.

The Forum structure we’ve had, was really good!

If i’m now browsing to “machinery of war discussion” i’m forced to set tags or see a plethora of threads unstructured.

To keep it short: I’m wasting my time setting all those Tags, while it was easy to see in 1 second in the old system.

4 Likes

Dark mode is good but the positives stop there. The UI is confusing, staff posts arent highlighted anymore (the small shield/badge after the name is hardly noticeable) and overall it does not really fit my taste.

And more importantly why this was done without a single warning?

6 Likes

You can go to preferences → track → tags and select what do you want to get notified.
For example I selected server updates, devblogs, economy updates etc, so when there is a new post I get notified. You dont even need to be looking at the forum.

Hopefully this will help you with the New Forum. Feel free to PM me if you think something should be added

2 Likes

The dark theme with white text on black background is almost unreadable for me. Text size is really small. Black text on white background as an option is a must!

Navigation is unclear with tags instead of subforums.

Now it’s hard to see at a glance if there are new news and updates. That was the only reason I used the forum as the website does not show news and updates in a single view.

1 Like

how about an edit button for everyone?

2 Likes

It is on his post:

1 Like

Is there a tag for interesting new topics based on my ingame and real life preferences or do I need to search for these without tags or notifications? Like random person XY has created a new topic about something that might interest me without getting spammed with notifications about everyone else spamming these posts.

The new system and front end is just horrible and people defending it by “you just have to go into you specific sections and set up the right keywords to get notifications if other people know about them and use them” won’t change that.

I don’t want to log into the forums to see 52345 notifications and scroll for 50 minutes through these and look if there is something interesting just because I play Naval, Air and Tanks.
Having a notification if any player touches the subjects RB, naval, tanks, planes, updates, feedback, suggestions, complaints, news, devblogs etc. doesn’t sound appealing.

If I want to get spammed I without having any benefit I will just post my phone number on reddit.

1 Like

yeah about that. it doesnt exist

1 Like

Could have been an edit, but who needs that function.

The fact you are trying to sugarcoat Gaijin choosing the worse forum design possible will not convince me otherwise.

If the functions are still WIP how about working them out before forcing this change without any warning or discussion onto the player base?
There could have been a transparent discussion but now we are stuck with this bad looking and bad to use forum because someone thought it might be a good idea…

‘’ NOTE: The Forum is still under maintenance, the edit option will come for everyone.‘’’

another thing:
how about making it easier to migrate posts from the good forum to this one?
Right now if you copy and paste the stuff to here it’ll end up looking weird with the spoilers not working and the images all screwed up.

and i’d recommend changing the structure of this. previously you had clear distinctions between sub forums like Aircraft in Machinery of War discussion, now thats hidden under some menu item, just like the countries. it feels like its a filter instead of a sub forum. thats just confusing

1 Like

The lack of structure is really annoying. Depending on people properly tagging their topics is a bad idea. At least people tend to get their topics in the proper sub forum. Now we don’t even have that.

The old forum was much better.

2 Likes

I will say there are some things thay I do like about the bew forum. I guess what I hate is the trust system and not moving things over especially suggestions. I guess we’ll have to see how they structure this place. And lots of us have to now moce suggestions and post over.

At least we will all have the edit option

Does that mean Gaijin obligates to implement all suggestions from the old forum within 2 years from now?

Only thing I disliked on the old forum was to complicated topic structure.
This forum offers some interesting options, but it definitely needs some polishing.

1 Like

this is ummmmm just plain ugly

1 Like

if you need TWO DAYS(or more even?) to implement an edit-button for everyone, this change very prematurely, like not even an alpha-test but should have been kept in close testing and doing somewhat of an “open beta” for the community to see and give feedback on.

the new forum is absolutely atrocious.

5 Likes