Updated List Of Tanks Around 7.7 BR That Need A Reload Buff To Become Competitive again

The gun is trash. You can’t pen most things you face, you don’t get a rangefinder and your reload is too long to adjust your aim. By the time your reload is finished the enemy tank is already gone.

That sounds like a skill/personal issue, before going on a forum and complaining, learn your ammo velocity, gun, gun handling, and ranging with differentiating optic types (I.e. different FOV and Zoom factors)

I have personally learned to play the T-80U in sim, and can effectively K/O enemy tanks from across the map without a LRF/RF, from realistic gun view and commander sight.

Also, just remember, retreat isn’t for cowards, retreat is for people with brains, and know how to use it. ; )

That sounds like a skill/personal issue, before going on a forum and complaining, learn your ammo velocity, gun, gun handling, and ranging with differentiating optic types (I.e. different FOV and Zoom factors)

There’s no zoom setting that gives this gun a shorter reload.

I have personally learned to play the T-80U in sim, and can effectively K/O enemy tanks from across the map without a LRF/RF, from realistic gun view and commander sight.

Not at all comparable. Do it with a 7.7 heavy.

Buddy, this right here:

Was to help you make shots, not get a better reload. If you can effectively hit your target 80/100 you won’t have to:

1. Take follow up shots
  2. Take extra ammo
  3. Wait for reloading

If you wanna play aggressively and do CQC, don’t play a heavy tank. Yet again, I’m going to reference my T-80U gameplay, it’s a Russian tank, it’s intended strategy is to be a aggressive as possible, I will avg about 3-6 kills a match with the T-80U by playing it by its design.

I’ll reference something at this BR, the Strv 81, it has an 7 or 8 second reload, a decent round, 0 effective armor (besides the turret which can easily be avoided by hitting high UFP) and no range finder. This has a stabilizer, and can stay on the move, that’s its strength, so that’s how you play well, play into your vehicles strengths, not weaknesses.

No. All vehicles should not be equal in capability. Each vehicle is different and should have different strengths and weaknesses. Realistic performance and good matchmaking aren’t the same thing. We know how fast these vehicles reloaded their guns. We also know that crew skill has an effect on reload rate. That is reflected in game if you have a skilled crew. In rare/extreme cases, I understand why reload rate is tinkered with for a playability perspective, even though I disagree with it.

Aside from the philosophical disagreement whether reload should be used as a balancing factor, from an applied standpoint, your proposals are potentially game breaking. The reload changes you propose essentially turn a stock crew into an ace crew. What then happens when those stock reload rates are modified by a real ace crew? You get stupid things like a manually loaded 122mm gun on the T-10 having a 10 second reload rate.

2 Likes

Was to help you make shots, not get a better reload. If you can effectively hit your target 80/100 you won’t have to:

You will need multiple shots to hit weakspots at range.

Not evrn mentioning as a sniper you have to compete with Ikv91s and VIDARs both of which have LRF and can shoot twice with 100% accuracy while you’re still reloading. Even if you do manage to hit those tanks chances are your round only kill 2 crewmembers and you get shot and die in return.

Yet again, I’m going to reference my T-80U gameplay, it’s a Russian tank, it’s intended strategy is to be a aggressive as possible, I will avg about 3-6 kills a match with the T-80U by playing it by its design.

How is a top tier MBT comparable with a mid tier heavy?

Side by side, it isn’t, you have to look past an image. Each tank has its set of strengths and weaknesses, I’m using it as a reference of one type of playstyle brought on by design.

All vehicles should not be equal in capability. Each vehicle is different and should have different strengths and weaknesses.

Vehicles being equal in capability doesn’t mean their stats are equal. It only means vehicles can all achieve a goal through different strategies.

We know how fast these vehicles reloaded their guns.

Except you don’t. Only autoloaders should have a fixed reload. For all you know loader 1 can reload a gun in 8s while loader 2 does it in 3s.

That is reflected in game if you have a skilled crew.

Still only affects the values gaijin selected. A skilled crewman can lap load most guns in around 3s should we implement that in the game?

In rare/extreme cases, I understand why reload rate is tinkered with for a playability perspective, even though I disagree with it.

Lol do you want the Sturmtiger to have a multi minute reload?

Aside from the philosophical disagreement whether reload should be used as a balancing factor

It’s not philosophical disagreement. Gaijin themselves said multiple times they use reload as a balancing factor. Now that the balance has shifted it’s time to change the reload.

your proposals are potentially game breaking

What are you talking about? All of them will still be outreloaded by 99% of all tanks they face.

The reload changes you propose essentially turn a stock crew into an ace crew. What then happens when those stock reload rates are modified by a real ace crew?

They get to where they should be.

You get stupid things like a manually loaded 122mm gun on the T-10 having a 10 second reload rate.

And it will still have 0 effective armor at its BR, subpar mobility, bad turret traverse, terrible gun depression and so on. Where’s the problem?

Compared to tanks at the same BR one has a similar reload, similar mobility, similar pen, similar optics, similar armor, … the other has more armor (only in full downtier in an uptier the armor is useless too), less pen, less reload, less mobility, …

And that would be?

Quick question, not to be taken personally:

Do you usually yap random things without context?

Did you actually read the posts you replied to? He compared the T-80U to the 7.7 heavies.

Each tank has its set of strengths and weaknesses

I listed those to show the T-80U is alot more competitive than any 7.7 heavy tank.

Quick question, not to be taken personally:
Do you usually yap random things without context

Tiktok brain can’t remember statements made 20min earlier. Don’t take it personal though.

Oh God, comparing me to a Tik Tok kid enjoying brain rot wants to make me get a lobotomy.

Is what I’m trying to explain flying over your head like a passing wind? I did not compare them, I used it as an example to explain the differentiating play styles of different vehicles, and how to use them.

That’s what BRs are for, as well as reward modifiers.

Some vehicles are just bad by design and can only be used in specific circumstances.

1 Like

I did not compare them, I used it as an example to explain the differentiating play styles of different vehicles, and how to use them

You used the T80U as an example of how learning a vehicles strengths benefits your playstyle. This works with the T80U because it’s a good tank. The 7.7s are not.

Also lol

Doesn’t look like 3-6 kills on average to me.

2 Likes

The 7.7s are currently underperforming. If you don’t want to lower their reload put them at 7.3.

Yeah, because when I started playing it, it was a learning curve, and only had HEAT-FS.

Your recent Kills: 246
Your recent Battles: 228

Doesn’t look like 3-6 K/M either.

Any is3, 4m, 6, 7 in the 7.0 or 7.3 bracket facing things with conventional rounds with around or less than 250 mm of pen SHOULD NOT have such a short reload, give em a chance to find their weak spot first

Yes, because I’ll get a map I don’t like, then proceed to try and play, then die, and leave. I used to have a negative KDR for this thing, so I don’t really see your point. I also face so many cheaters at top tier it’s not even funny.

T95 has 280mm effective armor at 7.0. Jagdtiger has 250mm effective armor at 6.7. AMX-50 Foch has 350mm effective armor at 7.3.

All have shorter reloads and much more powerful guns.

Both the IS-3 and the IS-4M have to aim for weakspots on 6.7 tanks too. They are slow have a giant muzzle break and repair slower thabks to only having 4 crew. They don’t even have a good gun in a full downtier and cutting the reload down wouldn’t make them op in any way.

Giving them a shorter reload is the absolute minimum required to make them good again.