They really made the worst decision, the italian m60a1 rise was right there

They really made the worst decision, the italian m60a1 rise was right there

That’s nice for you, I wanted a vehicle in a certain BR range for the line up I was building, the new XC-8 is completely worthless to me. And I still want a god damned refund for that worthless piece of trash because now I either need to buy ANOTHER premium at the BR the TML was, grind 2 additional ranks without a premium, grind 2 ranks ODLing in it or buy the L2A4 to make a line up.
Either way Gaijin ripped me off.
Surely Gaijin will give them ARHs if they keep asking for it
Except that cap is more expensive than SPAA even if you were to equate the SPAA spawn costs to those of light tanks or similar. So your argument is kinda invalid like usually.
That still can happen.
Being placed at 13.7 wont make R-77 carrying SU-30s terrible.
Actually, not always.
Jaguar GR1B with GBU costs about the same as a Sea Harrier FRS1 with no bombs at all but with 9Ls
Sea Harrier FA2 with AMRAAM costs more than a Tornado GR1 with GBUs.
All aircraft costs about 500, doesnt matter if its CAP or CAS.
All-aspect IRs cost around 50-75 iirc. About the same as bombs
Fox-3s costs around 200 iirc.
CAP, in a lot of cases is just as expensive as what I would describe as “standard” CAS costs.
At BRs of around 8.3, CAS and CAP options would cost very much the same amount, at least certainly within a small margin of difference.
If the replacement for SPAAs is CAP. Then CAP cant cost 7-10x more than an SPAA. It should cost no more than 3x more (around what a heli costs with no guided weapons). It just needs a block on first spawn in GRB. (At BRs where guns are not the primary A2G weapon, and even then, the cost should be heavily weighted on the belts taken & the calibre of rounds in said guns, not the base aircraft cost)
Even without SPAAs moving up or creating even larger gaps, I dont think CAP should cost anywhere near as much as it does currently. Removal of SP costs for A2A weaponry is a bare minimum, but I think the base cost of aircraft is too high, with A2G weaponry being adjusted to keep totals at the same level (heck, they could also add an SP cost to the guns as well, so an aircraft with no guns is cheaper than one with MGs, which is cheaper than one with cannons, etc etc)
No no no, you don’t get it, if you don’t get enough SP to spawn CAP to counter CAS (probably after you get CAS’d), you must be a bad player
Especially when people can rush a cap, get an assist and spawn a loaded CAS plane. That’s what a good player does!
The bad player gets killed and has to rely on “OP” SPAA to counter the CAS.
God forbid someone doesn’t get a kill in his first spawn. Definitely never happens. I’ve never got flanked or sat together with my team, watching them get all the kills, that must only happen to terrible players.
No matter what you tell this guy, he’ll always find some way to justify the power of CAS and why you must be a noob for having trouble dealing with it.
Get killed by CAS? Bad player.
Can’t spawn CAP? Bad player.
Don’t have a good CAP plane because you don’t play plane modes nearly as much as GRB? Bad player.
Can’t use non-radar SPAAGs against jets? Bad player.
Got trouble using early SPAAGs in general? Bad player.
(It’s definitely very easy to use the slow RoF and low muzzle velocity SPAAGs, trust)
Think the M163 isn’t OP? Bad player.
(Reminder, the M163 doesn’t have a search radar, just a tracking one and the lead indicator only shows up at very short ranges. The only advantage it has over non-radar SPAAGs above those ranges is a rangefinder.)
Rush a cap and spam scouting to get a loaded CAS plane two minutes into the match? Pro player!!!
I see no reason for CAP to be so cheap.
A half decent CAP plane can easily rack up 3-5 kills againt 600-700sp vehicles before re-arming.
Most CAS planes at 8.3 can’t carry more than 2-4 bombs, and their targets only cost 70-150sp.
And I doubt you see what the real issue with that is.
Oh poor little me only having two hands available to hold my magnifying glasses while I use them to burn ants in my garden.
What? you know 8.3 is atgm br? you get bullpups and nords?
Ok then, 2-4 MCLOS missiles. That’s still ~3 kills max. It doesn’t effect the point I made. CAP is cheaper, more profitable, easier to play, and destroys higher priority targets than CAS does. Wanting to lower CAP SP cost is kinda silly.
Helicopters with AS.11s (AGM-22s) and Falangas as well
Hu?
I dont see what that has to do with the price of bread.
A half decent SPAA can kill 3-5 aircraft costing 600-700 SP before rearming and only costs 70 SP.
CAP Is more effective than SPAA, and therefore should cost more, but 7-10x more really?
3-4x more would be way more reasonable.
Hence why I think most 7.3+ SPAAs should be raised.
CAP is far stronger than CAS, and so it makes sense to atleast have a comparable cost.
yeah it’s stronger at countering CAS and other planes but usually weak against the main focus and targets of the mode which are usually on the GROUND in GROUND battles
and what replaces them?
Many nations already have huge SPAA gaps.
CAP is usually far stronger than CAS, because CAP aircraft are often a much lower BR than they otherwise would be in Air modes.
But yes, of course a fighter aircraft is stronger than a ground attacker, that is obvious and common sense. (though I can think of a few exceptions to this actually)
The issue is that CAP is only effective against CAS, if its up and ready to intercept the CAS before it can attack.
At 7-10x the cost of an SPAA, it is extremely wasteful to pre-emptively spawn in CAP to protect your team. Ive done it a few times, but generally its not worth it at all.
So again, why should CAP cost 7-10x more than a SPAA?
It’s only worth it if you are trying to spade a plane since playing CAP in GRB is quite different from playing ARB
why?
In all my matches i fight at most 1 cap player every like 20 matches
Eh… maybe.
As an air main, im not going to comment on that too much, I generally spade in ARB/ASB.
Also, there is no gurantee there is anything to shoot at, which is another issue entirely with SPAA/CAP.
For me to spawn in a CAP aircraft, usually revolves around what is going on on the ground. If im confident that the enemy team is probably gunna spawn in CAS soon (mid to late game) and ive got plenty of spare SP, then I’ll pick it over an SPAA. Also, as an air main, im more confident in the sky, to that end I will often go and do CAP between CAS sorties too, hutning down A-10s in the Jaaaaaaag
But I often feel like im being punished for spawning in CAP and sitting AFK given the SP cost
I sometimes try to do CAP, only to end up being completely useless because either nobody spawns more CAS or they do the lawndart