Update 2.37.0.49

Ground Vehicles

• A bug that caused very large target markers to appear on the radar display causing the arc to occupy a larger part of the circle than it should has been fixed. (Report).

Aircraft

• Duplicate display of the ballistic computer when capturing a target with the radar in Arcade Battles has been fixed. The display of the lead by the radar interface is disabled, only the display by the “floating” sight reamins. Without radar target acquisition, the logic of operation remains the same — the lead marker is displayed in the same way as on all aircraft in Arcade Battles.

• JAS39C — inaccuracies in the standard and additional camouflages have been corrected.

• MiG-29 (Italy) — inaccuracies in the standard camouflage have been corrected. (Report).

• Mirage 5F — inaccuracies in the additional unpainted camouflage have been corrected.

• MiG-23BN — the colors used in the additional camouflage have been corrected.

• AH-64 (all variants) — a new, specially made font is now used on MFDs.

Locations

• Carpathians — a position behind the spawn points in squares G3/G4 from where players could fire from a safe position over a long distance have been blocked.

• Volcanic Island — the heading of boat spawns being directed towards the island have been fixed.

• Unnaturally high trees in the following locations have been fixed:

• Rocky Canyon
  • Mysterious Valley
  • Rocky Pillars
  • Rice Terraces
  • Guiana Highlands
  • Golan Heights
  • Zhengzhou
  • Aleutian Islands
  • South Africa

Customization

• Dutch Air Force roundel decals have been added.

• The conditions for obtaining and using decals with the identification marks of the Belgian and Dutch Air Forces have been changed. Now they are only obtainable using vehicles from France, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Patch notes reflect only key changes, meaning they may not include a complete list of all improvements made. Additionally, War Thunder is constantly being updated and some changes may not require an update. Changes reflected in patch notes are formed by taking reactions and requests of the community from the bug reporting service, forums and other official platforms into account. Bug fixes and changes are implemented in order of importance, for example a game-breaking bug will be worked on and implemented sooner.

10 Likes

finally

2 Likes

Bruh, rubbing the salt in the wound at this point.

There’s plenty of bugs and problems with low-mid tier vehicles, both in gameplay (mentioned before SAPI shell) and visual (such as Yaks – 3, 9T, 9M – having bugged wing roots with holes in them, or premium Sherman Trzyniec missing the visual details ever since it’s implementation, with reports forwarded 9 years ago)

But no, let’s introduce a bunch of top-tier copycats and then spend literal months fixing the smallest details about them. Also lets everyone look busy doing what should’ve been done from the start and makes the “bugs are ignored” objection somewhat obsolete.

5 Likes

This won’t really help much unless this bug is also fixed.
as it affects multipathing as shown here in this bugreport.

It’s honestly just sad that the only nicely done things regarding props (primarily the new cockpits) are either copy-pasted from Enlisted (Spitfire, non-implemented Ju 87) or are made by the community (He 111)

I’m sorry but this is a really BAD change.

so many people use the pre-WWII Dutch roundel for their tanks and planes because it makes a great identifier, and it has been in the game since the start.

It is useless to remove it for “sim” reasons as literally, one single plane uses it (the G.1)

I could live with the post-WWII roundel not being available because god-forbid you might see it on an F-16 zooming by, but locking these to the French tree is the second stupidest decision after making tank-battles into corridor battles.

please gaijin revert this change, it literally does nothing but aggravate people.

5 Likes

Why? It wasn’t a safe position, but it was a good spot to counter the hill.

Another wonderful map adjustment that wasn’t needed, but yet here we are. Why not just fill in the map with rocks that channel everyone in a nice straight line to the objectives.

3 Likes

Well that sucks. I’ve been waiting for years for the modern RNAF roundel to be added and now I can’t even use them on all vehicles? I guess it’s back to wasting 2 decal slots to use the czech roundel + orange dot combo… until of course Gaijin restricts the czech roundel to Russia only or something eventually. Maybe just develop some sim-only restrictions on decals instead, if that’s really the problem.

8 Likes

So… Luftwaffe roundel on MiG-23BN is wrong for somehow

bruh they said they fixed it and now this???

1 Like

Yeah… the color is correct now but, they ruined Luftwaffe roundel lmao

2 Likes

So because of the grand total of three Dutch vehicles, the Dutch roundels have to be locked to the French tree? So much for wishing for a modern Dutch roundel…

2 Likes

There are so many broken spots on that map, but this again shows Gaijin doesn’t play their own game.

Gaijin : Warcrime vehicle skins? AWESOME

Dutch Air Force roundel? ABUSE!

Please fix the bug with a turret not rotating after the spawn on KF41 and 2A7HU, this bug is very annoying and sometimes leads to death.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vFKfm2EOlM46

IDK man, this is still rather large to me, what does china have redwood forests or am I on crack?
(ignore the landing, im not an expert at VTOLs)

Why would you lock the RNLAF that way? First you add them to France and now this? The old roundel has always been available to use on all nations, allowing player to atleast sport their own countries roundel through out the game. And now we’ll be limited to a nation that has nothing to do with our airforce or it’s history.

If you want it historical, make it available for allied forced, since we atleast fought alongside the brits and the americans in the 2nd ww. But don’t lock it to france and take it away from us…

Please reconsider this desicion, we would all much more prefer it to be available for all nations like the old dutch triangle was!

6 Likes

It makes no sence to me too. We used to able to atleast fly under our own roundel. I have been hoping for years to get the modern RNLAF roundels aswell and now they screw us over like this.

Not only that but the dutch never flew for the frensh. So if they want it “historical” which let be honest would also suck, they should atleast make it available to all allied forces from the 2nd WW.

I for once really hope they reconsider their desicion/actions and listen to the dutch community.
And don’t forget our belgian neighbours while you’re at it!

4 Likes

MP doesn’t take sea level into consideration, just AGL / radar elevation. I’ve multipathed several times on golan since the patch which shouldn’t even be possible if sea level was at 65 meters.

You can fly cockpit view with something that has a radar altimeter in HUD or lock up a friend and see for yourself

I’ve seen a couple of posts/reports with people having issues on Golan heights with multipathing even though they are 5m above the sea. there are some videos in the report i linked.