Update 2.35.1.62

The marksman turret is pretty underwhelming, if youve played britain or sweden youd know the wide guns fuck with the accuracy. Thats why the smaller platform like the gepard are better. Besides the veak was the best spaa until 10.3 due to gun elevation. If sweden got something like strela or could look up with their spaa then they wouldn’t need tonuse the veak. Now that its lost the only thing it was good at i dont bother using it since i dont really enjoy the poor performance it offers imo. Like the zsu 37-2 but more underwhelming and without a 7.7 lineup.

1 Like

It’s trash in comparison, and the completely random arbitrary way of balancing things annoys people.
SPAA with proxy shells are the only worthwhile SPAA at those BRs.

1 Like

There are several cases of giving vehicles ordinance they did not use in order to balance them.
is there a possibility to give back the HE-VT round and move the VEAK up to around 9.0 if ever there is a vehicle (like the ZSU-57-2M) introduced that covers that 8.0 lineup?

1 Like

The UM3K is a different aircraft variant with different countermeasures. The Devs initially opted to monitor this aircraft first after the changes. It’s possible it will receive them in the future, but it first needs to be reviewed.

1 Like

True, but that was always balanced out by the fact that the Su-22M3 has a much better engine, is lighter, and has an extra gun. Just seems a bit unfair to me.

In this case, the shell the VEAK had simply did not exist in the form that it had. It’s not even that it was a historical shell simply given to the vehicle like in the case of other shells given to vehicles that may not have used it. The shell itself was most likely incorrect by having a VT fuse and having it in the first place was also likely wrong based on the majority of current information.

If sufficient evidence can be found to prove the VEAK did have a proximity round, then it can be reported and pass for developer consideration as a suggestion. However again the change was a two fold historic and balance decision.

3 Likes

If module is removed from vehicle you always get SL back.

That is absolutely true and very important to clarify!

What i’m talking about is the KULSGR m/75Z which is the predecessor to the KULSGR M/90 (also known as Bofors 3P) and that came out in 1975.

We have (in the linked thread above) found secondary sources claiming that the first 40mm proximity fused shells were being tested around 1964, the same year that the first prototype of the VEAK 40 was finalized. The additional fact that both the VEAK 40 and the 40mm proximity shells were made by the same Swedish company makes it VERY likely that they were tested together on the same range and fired by the VEAK 40 (although this last bit just conjecture, it is conjecture with a strong basis).

We are still trying to find any sort of actual proof of that last part, but if we do, is there any future chance of adding back proxy to the VEAK 40 even though it was just test fired and not in production?

and i just want to add that i highly appreciate your answers! :)

2 Likes

have you asked the swedish ministry of defense? they might have the answer just joking

Honestly, asking Bofors might not be that dumb.
its a prototype vehicle from the 60’s that never saw service and a fuse that no longer exists so it would be bonkers if that information is still under secrecy classification.

1 Like

i mean german therm states asking cost nohing and how much less than a no can you get

1 Like

Unless the zsu 57 2m comes out without a radar it is not going to be 8.0.

They could do that though, just give it the proxy and change nothing else and it would be functionally identical to the Chinese WZ305 already in game at 8.0.

1 Like

They could also give it a radar an put it at 9.0 and cover the hole left from the veak.

Bofors was splited

Okay, thanks

Yeah, it got divided into BEA and SAAB divisions of various configurations after the acquisition.

i wouldn’t call the 9.0 a “hole” per say, the itpsv 90 takes that role.
it´s more that the 7.0 ZSU has no lineup to be in but the same that the VEAK now was supposed to fill. so this now leaves the ZSU completely outside any lineup and is just a steppingstone to get to the VEAK.
it would have been MUCH better for lineups to give the ZSU proxy and move it to 8.0 for the 8.0 lineup and then move the VEAK to 9.3 to fill the lineup there.

1 Like

You realize that the zsu 57 could fill the 9.3 and 9.7 gap while it is 9.0, also the zsu could easily be 9.3 as well, while the zsu with poxy wouldnt be able to help the strv 81 meanwhile the veak can while being effective for the 8.0 and 8.3 line ups .

Btw sweeden doestn even need to fill up the 9.3 gap to begin with, not even a new spaag, as they aready have it fully covered unlike most nations, they did actually need a ~8.0 spaag but now it is covered by the veak, so a new vehicles is completely unnecessary when there are nations with much larger holes

Those rocks on the middle of the map on Sinai used to be a very effective way to snipe the hill campers, it’s a shame it’s been removed

1 Like