Update 2.35.1.107

Are they not Rear-aspect as presented in the game? Did I understand correctly?
If this is so, then that’s good, well, I don’t know - maybe then in THAT case the situation will change, I don’t know

If it (F-104) does not twitch and maneuver - and this seems to be the case all the time with many aircraft - and as a result in the rear-facing design - there is no difference as such - it has become worse, if you think about it that way, but I’m only talking about its Resistance in G, but it was reduced, which is also not good

Well, it’s good that people are not silent, but speak directly about it

I don’t have these planes with this radar yet, but what did I have before? Just wondering

Maybe All-Aspect will solve the situation for the better(If this is how I understood it and if this is really so). I would like this and perhaps for other players

It had the Stage W Foxhunter radar iirc. And it was aweful. chaffed instantly. barely kept a lock, could barely guide a SARH if it tried. We were then going to get an upgrade last june, but not as good as we could because they couldnt find evidence italy used the later upgrade of the radar. Flame found that evidence. So we got the Stage 2Gm which is certainly in the top 3 best radars in the game. Maybe even the best. Its very very good.

All-aspect would allow you to fire at times where the target has bled energy. or already turning. It would give increased hit chances. Hardest part Ive found with red tops in the lightning is just getting a shot oppotunity. Its not a nimble aircraft

2 Likes

I have an F-16 - I know how all-aspect guided missiles work
Maybe all these things with resistance and with this update for today will become better if they are combined with All-Aspect Guidance
But then there is a risk that Sea Vixen will be given a higher BR, which is not good, he will very possibly feel bad at 9.3, but what about Lightning? Well, as I know, almost everyone starts to have All-Aspect missiles at 11.0, and at 10.3 it’s mostly attack aircraft that have All-Aspect missiles (Yes, there are exceptions, which is very strange)

The key difference between Red Tops and Aim-9L/R-60 is that the Red Tops can still be defeated quite easily kinematically. This means you dont need flares to defeat them.

I would expect the Lightning to go up. Maybe 9.7 ish but it might be heading there with or without all-aspect red tops.

Sea-Vixen is the aircraft that probably has them faltering on that addition. That being said. it does also lack guns. Makes it very vulnerable in a close in fight. Red Tops again could be defeated by anyone paying attention. Even in front aspect. I dont think it would be too OP and it would probably be fine at 9.0, if it needs to move at all.

SRAAMs however. they are also missing all-aspect. and are going to be a lot harder to place. I can see them never getting all-aspect because of that issue

3 Likes

Or will there be an exception here too in terms of BR? It will be absolutely amazing
But it’s still a shame for Lightning 9.3 - the enemies fly much faster and more maneuverable, and the enemy’s plane can take on any maneuver, and you need to aim directly at its tail - and this takes into account what 10.3 can throw against Thunderbolt (Math from Snails)

What kind of flares are we talking about? I know the terminology for defining missiles, but I still don’t understand what this is about.

The irony is that it throws me there anyway))) Defeating Thunderbolt when he missed with an all-angle missile or he couldn’t shoot with front-end weapons is generally “Heroic”) That’s what I do if it works)))

And this is all on Lightning)))
Maybe I won’t feel the difference if the rockets do better - but I want it - which is what I said in previous messages

Isn’t it too much for him? Considering the mathematics of the Snails - he will throw +1.0 BR and that’s it, and then everything will be even worse - and now our Sea Vixen sits at 10.0 because of this, and this is already a problem of the game itself that he throws exactly like that on BR

I don’t yet have such planes with such missiles and I can’t say anything about them, but I would like to test them and play with them)

I don’t know what are you yapping about because this issues was being posted since the 2020 the problem here is that the redtop missiles has the ability of all aspect if the target was doing supersonic with radar slaving on. I still get kills on this missiles before it has 10g now its has 12g far more better than most missiles with its Br range. A missile with good side aspect ability like a Aim9G but with a speed and range of a Aim9E. That’s your problem if buying high tier jets in this game it will get nerf by due time

1 Like

Strange commercial and deceptive policy - has it become a buyer’s problem? I didn’t know that it turns out that perhaps fraudulent actions became the player’s problem, and not because of company policy

Actually. Should be all-aspect against sub-sonic targets. Even props.

I can agree to your statement the ability of the company to change consumer TOS is kind of “arse” but you must be a savvy consumer and make a simple decision when you buy something virtual and the ability of gaijin to do some “magic” in a future. But I want the consumer the ability to have a refund digital goods so that this kind of things will be eliminated.

I wonder if the 16G to 12G is a straight nerf for the Red Top, or just changing how the stats card is shown?
If you look at Report 22, the moderator actually explained that it was due to a difference in how the standard of maneuverability is displayed in the game (most use single plane, while Red Top uses dual plane).
Can I interpret this as the overload capability of the Red Top didn’t really change, it just got lower because it was displayed to a different standard this time?

The missile also has a lot less drag, so should be able to sustain a higher turn for longer witrhout loosing as much energy

1 Like

The quicker guidance start should also help

so it might be useful past 1 km?

Where are these sources?

Where’d you find this? Doesn’t line up with what I’ve read, but hard to tell what’s right and wrong in this regard. Just curious to read the source to be better informed.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/wi1YHANSfsrs

It’s now about 2 km

1 Like