Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

If this is added, i think it´s better to create a new tree branch. Like when the south american thing was suggested, one new tree with all this post-soviet independent countries stuff. Because the polish, the czechs or the slovakians have some really good material to work with (some goofy stuff also).

Suppiee

Please do not post pictures with visible crew/soldiers. I have no clue from where you took the photo and will not spend my time to search for it in google to be sure it’s not from conflict zone.

T-84 better than a T-90M not sure on that chief.

I mean… they have around the same armour protection, thermals in both commander and gunner and yet the T84 oplot has a better reverse speed of like 20 i think it was mph

• The BM Oplot is equipped with Duplet-2M ERA which is on par with Relikt.
  • Ukraine was a first-rate hub of R&D during its time as part of the Soviet Union and produced several systems like the R-77, T-80UD’s, Kontakt-1, Kontakt-5, etc. Once they were independent, they never stopped improving the equipment and maintained its defense industry. They took Kontakt-5 and used it as a basis to make the Nizh-1M which in turn was improved on and became Duplet-2M by layering them. The only reason why Ukraine hasn’t adopted the equipment on large scale was due to financial reasons.
  • The BM Oplot has several advantages that allow it to compete with the T-90M, strong armor, Varta soft-kill APS with the ability to equip Zaslin hard-kill APS, good fire control, high maneuverability with its diesel engine and transmission. The only thing it would suffer on would be its firepower due to its autoloader being unable to utilize longer rod APFSDS-T. The only hope on overcoming that to a degree is getting more information on the 3BM44U1/2 rounds as well as it using its Kombat GL-ATGM. If we were to take account the Yatagan, then that’s a whole different beast.
1 Like

I rather think it’s origin lays down in other series of soviet ERA that competed against Kontakt-5, but failed due to issues on basically just simply not working.
The Hard kill APS Oplot can be equipped with is also of soviet origins.

Worse in comparision to T-90M.
Not only it uses 1G46M, that only improves on accuracy as far as I know, and uses a thermal sight which if I am correct also uses Catherine FC. Additionally it’s possible that it is the exact sight to fail on Greek tank trials.
T-80UE (dont confuse with T-80UE-1) tank using Agava-2 and 1G46 proved to have exactly same amount of hits in fire trials, and it’s thermal worked with same characteristics that were told. (Greek trials)
The good part is it’s commander sight.

And possibly need to make the equipment local.

Only mockup stage, 3BM44U might have existed, being quite literally 3BM44( or in other words 3BM42) but changed to be locally produced, pretty sure used other sabot.
Your best bet is taking some other non soviet/russian APDSFS, like TAPNA.

Realistically wise BM Oplot had reliability issues, maybe even with engine, as USA’s test conducted it having questionable resource, Russia taking it out of service pretty early, Yatagan’s engine failure on Independance day. Additionally plant took longer to produce Oplot tanks for Thailand.
But all that is irrevelant to game.

Spoiler

There is video that I currently cant upload here because of file restraints about problems Oplot faced in 2018:
failure of autoloader, stabiliser, driverengine information board, as well as pure cable isolation.

If not for budget cut’s I am sure BM Oplot would definitely see mass production, fixing and improving upon it’s design.

2 Likes

I’m no expert but
This

Has nothing to do with

This

A modernisation of Kontakt-5 just to improve it’s effeciency / a completely other way of functioning.

The fundamentals are there for the ERA, its not directly related.

Good explanation, for sure.

The Nizh-1M uses a new design that uses fundamentals of Kontakt-series as a standard but I do agree, the FCS is definitely inferior to the T-90M. It also uses the Catherine Thermal Sight.

As for the rounds, TAPNA would be a solid alternative and its quite possible the round could have made its way to Ukraine.

In-game, I think the vehicle would perform exceptionally well.

1 Like

I only suggested it for it being already in game, if there’s better options, I dont see a reason pf to why not choose them to add with Oplot, even if they never made it to Oplot but in theory, could via purchases/landlease.

Oh definitely, the IRL problems are not represented on vehicles in game, at least not all times.
I believe the description of it being better than T-90M in game really depends on it’s modeling from devs point, but it should be great for sure.

I just personally wait for T-64BM2, finally improving what T-64BV lacked, mobility, I have heard that’s not official index, but it will do. Will practically be almost like if we got actual T-80BV with five layer armour that was there since 1984 (before BV even).
Would be neat if T-80B 1984 without Agava but with 5 layer armour would be added, together with BV upgrade.
Although mass would increase to 44~ tons.
The Yatagan should recieve what it was trialed with, IIRC that was M332 (?)

1 Like

Definitely one of my favorites as well, T-64BM2 🤙

Eh, never mind.

4 Likes

The only thing the tank would suffer on is an outdated autoloader not allowing longer darts and modern atgms.

As it stands the T-84 Oplot is not an impressive machine, the T-90M is combat tested and receiving regular upgrades.

They likely started at similar levels but now not so sure. The T-90M has recorded tank kills at 7000m with ATGMS and its FCS allows accurate employment of HE at ranges of 4000m.

1 Like

political context apart yes but id be more willing to see original modified tank like the oplot rather an exact copy past

Superficial upgrades? That freshly obtained trophy that was posted few posts above and which is now serving in AFU has no significant upgrades whatsoever (its reverse speed also obviously is 4km\h).
The only real upgrade it received lately was probably when AFU switched its junk radio, prone to water damage, to normal Harris station.

The T-90M has recorded tank kills at 7000m with ATGMS and its FCS allows accurate employment of HE at ranges of 4000m.

T-64BV zr. 2017 has it recorded at 10600m. So what’s your point?

2 Likes

When was this? It was with the Kombat ATGM?

I think it was last year’s summer , NLOS kill using drone for reconaissance and HE shells

2 Likes

Whoa bro, leave your biases at home we are talking soft stats the T-84 is worse.

Maybe it does maximum possible range based on kinematics is 9500m with an HE shell shot from a T-72. The T-64 would have been using a drone to guide that shot. the optics would not be able to reliably hit a target at those ranges. We have confirmed footage from the gunner position of a T-90M and T-80BVMS of hitting detecting and destroying targets 4000m+ away with HE and ATGMS

Trophy isn’t new and the T-84 like the T-14 hasn’t been committed.

1 Like

As HIMARS_Enjoyer already posted, it was NLOS hit with 125mm HE (OF26) from well known tank commander (and War Thunder player)

So enjoy your very-powerful-4kmh-reversing T-90Ms and T-80BVMs in your soviet tree then? What it has to do with this topic (aside from possible inclusion of those vehicles in Ukrainian independent tree as a distant future premiums since AFU also uses them in significant quantities)?

Trophy isn’t new

It doesn’t have the “barrel bend detection system” above its gun and it has new jamming module on its turret, which are pretty telling indicators that it’s an 2023+ modification. Still has the same 4kmh reverse though, disproving all those dreams about better mod with “15kmh reverse”

1 Like