Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

So Sweden is donating its entire fleet of PBV 302s. Can’t wait to see it with Kontakt-1.

2 Likes

+1. I’ve long dreamed of seeing a Ukrainian tech tree in the game. I stumbled upon this discussion, started reading it, and couldn’t grasp all the information. In the discussion, players proposed a lot of ground vehicles that are not included in the proposal. The tree layout itself has changed several times during the discussion. Personally, I liked Blastertitan’s thoughts on a joint Ukrainian-Soviet tree. I’ve seen this idea being discussed in other parts of the forum as well. However, I simply can’t physically read through the entire discussion. It would be great if the author of this thread could gather important information and update their proposal for those like me who haven’t been following the topic from the beginning. Especially since some links to images in the first post are no longer working. In any case, it’s great that this is being discussed.

13 Likes

And it will be changed once more, since some new tech was introduced recently

Do you mean supplying Western tanks to Ukraine? I don’t think we should add them to the game right after the new version of the Leopard arrives in Ukraine. In my opinion, some time should pass, maybe even after the war. The version of the tech tree with Ukrainian ground vehicles mixed with Soviet ones, as proposed by Blastertitan, could be a foundation. And then, over time, Abrams and Leopards could be added to the tree as either main or premium vehicles.

I just wish the entire list of available ground vehicles was in one place, not scattered across different discussions…

1 Like

I meant them as well, but there will be some tech moved into folders , some will be moved to Prem/Auction vehicles and maybe some will be removed back to “Honorable mentions and additions” or brought to the line from there

And: Mainly i meant FrankenSAM and/or T-80BV with good ERA coverage

Optical sighters are installed on Strela-10 air defense missile systems and qualitatively improve the capabilities of these systems.

Shooter now can see the image on his monitor through the daytime channel or a thermal imager. It is also possible to use two channels simultaneously.

“The shooter can see the image from 2 cameras simultaneously or from each camera separately on the monitor,” the statement reads.

They were handed over to the military of the 79th separate airborne assault brigade.

Thanks to the built-in thermal imager, target search is possible at night and in poor visual conditions.

“‘Wall-E’ is an electro-optical sight for detecting, tracking and targeting air targets for the rapid modernization of the Strela-10 air defense system, including reconnaissance and attack UAVs,” the statement said.

4 Likes

The modification is ERA bricks on the sides, literally no modification. It’s a major Slovenian modification of a T-55 vehicle, which they donated to Ukraine. There is nothing Ukrainian about it, let’s be clear about that here. If this vehicle ever gets into the game, it better have the Slovenian flag next to it.

It’s only combat experience is in Ukraine
Only current operator is Ukraine
Minor modification (Yes, ERA bricks) also done in Ukraine

2 Likes

A have a few concerns with this, but it’s overall a great idea. I had a similar thing in mind for updating the flag according to your line up, for example: if you have modern post-war, post-soviet vehicles, your flag changes accordingly, AKA no more USSR vs Wehrmacht flag on the matchmaker or main menu, instead it’s Russian Federation and present day Germany.

It should change according to a percentage of vehicles in your line up, so if you have majority Ukrainian, it would show a Ukrainian flag, you get the idea.

Of course, I was just referring to something unrelated. I don’t like seeing the USSR or Wehrmacht flags when you clearly have modern lineups.

1 Like

Silence is a sin
If there is something you wish to see, then the least you can do is speak up.
That’s what the supporters if the tree are doing and there is nothing wrong with that, regardless if whether the tree will get implemented or not.

5 Likes

Why not?

I think that if there is at least one modern ground vehicle in the setup, the flag should be modern (contemporary Germany or Ukraine). The presence of one tank from Ukraine already indicates that the set of vehicles is post-Soviet. Although, I am just repeating what has been suggested…

They kept one unit for themselves. Most likely for a museum…

100% for a museum

A new version of the M1A1 SA-UKR defense upgrade, which features the ARAT-1 on the forehead and sides of the turret along with the Kontakt-1.

6 Likes

Your vid won’t load btw, at least for me

1 Like

IDK, works for me

Yeah it doesn’t work for me either, either way quite the modification.