Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Exactly what i wrote:

No hidden message.

But if i see things like that:

Seriously?

A country which had the same hardware like the USSR / Russia until (at least) 1991 needs an own tree? For what reason exactly?
I mean if things go further south - there are no Ukrainian Armed Forces left in the next 6-18 months.

But if you think there is a need to go this way - be my guest.

1. I see this more from a holistic pov - it looks like that gaijin / wt lost its soul long time ago, and the nation concept in itself needs an overhaul. It seems that nobody is happy if his own nation has not somehow access to the latest top tier vehicles - and the last remnants of things like realistic combat scenarios were replaced with fantasy alliances in a fantasy game play.

2. I wrote somewhere elso - if Luxembourg would have test flown stuff like a F-35 and gaijin would offer a premium version - people will buy it.

3. So as long as wt is following this path with pleasing the masses with new trees / subtrees allowing people to buy an overpriced premium vehicle from their specific nation - i am happy for both parties.

4. But imho an allocation of a certain nation should also considering a basic approach regarding specific time frames. So if Ukraine was part of the Warsaw Pact is should be positioned together with the USSR / Russia until 1991 - and after 2014 against Russia. Just in order to avoid c+p vehicle spam like you see it in Air trees: 7 nations fly Bf 109s in 5 tech trees - and 5 nations with a P-51 C - fighting identical hardware outside a civil war is killing immersion / realism / fun…

Regarding your core points:

1. Unique vehicles
  2. Combat proven hardware

From my perspective i see interesting domestic developments, but no technological milestones. In order to be attractive for players from other nations which enjoy different weapon systems i see no real “game changers” in the OP. So adding a modification here and there or a different cannon shell, missiles etc is simply not enough to generate the critical mass of player commitment in order to justify the investment by gaijin.

And even in case we would have a kind of op vehicle due to a very specific adjustment / combination - gaijin has the tendency to reserve those vehicles for US and USSR/RU players - simply because they are their largest customers.

The sole convincing point of an independent Ukraine tree would be a match making on actual political realities - so as described earlier until 1991 WP - then neutral until 2014 - and then part of the group US/Nato vs the World. In case gaijin would change their current fantasy MM approach i would fully support this - but not for rank IV and V stuff. It is rather disappointing to see historically irrelevant Nations like Israel or Sweden fighting actual WW 2 hardware with postwar / cold war stuff.

There is no information on the Internet about this system at all.
Unknown if it’s soft-kill or hard-kill APS, characteristics are unknown, projectile detection type is unknown (Is it IR or UV sensors, or radar , all is unknown)

2 Likes

Brother that is unbelieveable performance for a (ground-launched!) short range dogfight missile

2 Likes

That is what stated on the channel, i don’t take credits for this information.

Also: slight increase can be just a 500 meters, nobody says precise information right now

1 Like

Footage has appeared of the Leopard-1A5 with protrction modernization, which was carried out in one of the specialized organizations.
The upper hull plate is equipped with a Nizh ERA, and the Kontakt-1 is installed on the turret. Leopard 1A5DK was equipped with a welded turret with spaced armor, while the hull remained similar to the first modifications of Leopard-1. The ERA is also installed on the sides of the hull.

16 Likes

In my opinion upper hull detail is equipped with Duplet ERA due to it’s thickness, but i am no military expert to argue

Nah, not duplet … those are nozh ERA
Duplet is more rarer and much more heavier. These K-1 and nizh add-ons are already adding too much extra weight on top of the base tank’s weight.

Is this a Ukrainian ersatz MLRS based on the M113 with the installation of a Turkish copy of the towed MLRS type 63?

uMT4azMZGww

2 Likes

From the photos description:

Croatian 128-mm RAK-SA-12 MLRS mounted on the HMMWV M1152 and M113 of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine

1 Like

It’s modified by Ukraine and that makes it unique. That’s the main point of posting here, under this topic.
To have/collect as many unique/modified vehicles as possible to fill majority of the Ukr TT, in order to give the TT its own character and defend the usual “it’s just a copy-paste tree” counterpoint(s).
Independant Ukr TT in WT is not happening anytime soon, but in the meantime, let the community collect as many unique vehicles that pops up from real life.
Field modified vehicles/platforms are always one of the most interesting topics in all of defense community … not just in WT.

1 Like

The same can be said for the PLA vehicles as well … those are similarly USSR platform derived majorly.
A BM-Oplot is as much different from a T-80 is a ZTZ-99 from a T-72.

1 Like

Ukrainian Challenger 2s with camo-netting and other “organic” camo-bits

6 Likes

My alternate suggestion still stands
A Visegrád TT (minus Hungary) with Ukraine as a sub tree instead.
(only if independent Ukr is a strict no-go)

Ukrainian uparmored T-72B3

6 Likes

Absolute Mad Max bullshit going on in here, excellent job.

1 Like

Have you seen the Leopard 1A5 covered in ERA? I bet there will be more photos soon, so we can enjoy more

Yes, and seeing CR2 with Kontakt-1 would be the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Article on the previously stated Leopard 1A5DK equipped with Nizh and Kontact-1. This vehicle propels the Leopard 1A5DK into early Rank VII. If given like DM63 APFSDS-T, the Nizh-1M/Kontact-1, thermals, etc., the vehicle would sit at around 10.0. Vehicle would likely lose a bit of mobility.

4 Likes

First recorded sighting of M1A1 SA-UKR with Kontakt-1 ERA installed

17 Likes

If they put Nizh-1M there, there goes the USA tree’s star weakness lmao.

Edit: Enough about goddamn political shit, if you all think the tree belongs in the USSR tree, whatever, if you believe it belongs as its own tree, cool, keep it peaceful ffs.

3 Likes