Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

I think Ukraine should get a Object 292 875,000 or 600K (RP) required

Why? There’s more of other tanks with 152-mm main gun that are originated from Kharkiv

it was just a thought

Spoiler

Armor parts of the welded rolled turret of BM Oplot

1 Like

Btw this would be there last tank to research a T-84
Image result for ukraines MBT
Its there MBT

BM Oplot-T
Manufacturers designation is Object 478DU9-T

1 Like

FrankenSAM just got on video, but that is video about destruction of that system, so i think i can`t post it here.

Just explanation in words:

It looks like standart Buk-M1 SAM system , but uses RIM-7 missiles with custom launch-transportation containers(no idea how it called correctly)

1 Like

Let’s not argue history that is not relevant for the game.

Regardless of who came first, the people’s from then are radically different and unrecognizable from those now.
There is no point in arguing this here.

2 Likes

For your attention, a slide from the American PEO GCS (executive office of the “Ground Combat Systems” program) on the sale of equipment to foreign countries.

Ukrainian Abrams tanks are officially called M1A1 SA-UKR.

9 Likes

It’d be great to see Ukraine as an independent nation in WT. Especially, as you proposed, with some Georgian vehicles to fill the tree out.

However, what I’m worried about is the tech tree starting at rank IV. As we’ve seen with Israel it sucks having level 1 crew with rank IV vehicles. Furthermore, the lineups are practically non-existent, and overall it’s just not a fun experience when you start playing the nation. (Israel is also the least played nation in the game, perhaps for reasons listed above…)

That’s why I’d actually rather have a complete copy-paste rank I-III for Ukraine, instead of having the tree start at rank IV. Then you’d at least have some better crews at the higher ranks, as well as the possibility to form complete lineups at most BRs.

But overall, sure, +1

3 Likes

New FrakenSAM hot off the presses:
9K33M Osa (Sa-8B) SAM system rearmed to fire R-73 AAMs

Sources:
https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1791837511976714284

Ok, so not exactly brand-new, but this higher quality photo is new.

Older, low-quality post:
https://x.com/PEmeryt/status/1723650013736128729

10 Likes

MT-LBu with “Parus” combat module

6 Likes

That’s sick

1 Like

Would be a really nice addition to the tree if real, but the image is really weird and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s edited. Until there’s more evidence, it should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Reportedly Militarniy posted this last year but quickly deleted.

1 Like

Hmm, personally I see nothing wrong, besides the obvious stretching caused by trying to blow-up a low quality photo. But, I can see the operators shadow against the rear launcher arm and missile, so I see no obv PS signs atm:

Spoiler

But, anything’s possible, as always. I’m sure we’ll see more of them in good time.

Here’s a less-cropped version, if that helps:

Spoiler

Source:
https://x.com/Jeff21461/status/1791801640355250619

In the same TG channel it’s said that R-73 can fly further than basic 9M33M3 missiles and it’s highly interesting due to the fact that R-73 is A-A missile and it’s originally not supposed to be launched from a ground vehicle

Brother no

“The 9M33M3 missile greatly enhances the altitude engagement envelope to 10–12,000 m (33–42,500 ft), and are able to travel further (about 15 km/9 mi). However, the system is unable to engage targets at longer ranges, due to other factors such as the limitations of the radar tracking of the missiles“

Its an interesting vehicle but of no use in Warthunder.

the T-55AGM has an active protection system “PHANTOM” installed, I tried to find information on it but I couldn’t find anything except 2 photos

Spoiler

t-55-fantom_2
t-55-fantom_1

Brotha yes

BM 9A33BM3 from the “Osa-AKM” complex with R-73 missiles installed instead of the standard 9M33M3 SAMs

The photo is not new, but it has hardly ever appeared in the information space before, so we decided to share it in slightly better quality. As part of this modernization, the standard BM was fitted with an APU-73 and additional equipment for target acquisition and guidance. As a result, the launch range has slightly increased (thanks to the new missile). This solves the problem with the lack of anti-aircraft missiles for the Osa-AKM, which we previously purchased from the Middle East and Africa (Telegram: Contact @vanguard_spacepro).

Here is the photo of Ukrainian Osa-AKM system fitted with Middle Eastern/African missiles