Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

I didnt mean that the T-84 is based off the BVM or anything of the sort, I mean that the T-84 is better than the T-80BVM. The T-84 isn’t an improved T-80BVM, it improves on the BVM while being it’s own design

It improves on the standards set by the BVM in different performance metrics

1 Like

Then your a fool if you think these are just copy paste when in reality they aren’t even close get lost with that false logic. If you want a good example of real copy paste then look at 50% of the china tech tree.

Just because Ukraine inherited the Soviet design Philosophy AND IMPROVED OPON IT. Doesn’t mean it’s copy paste Russia doesn’t own that design style it was developed across the entire USSR not just Russia.

Not to mention you are completely ignoring the indigenous Ukrainian designs in the proposed tech tree that have nothing to do with Russia at all. And most Ukrainian vehicles are so heavily modified they are nothing like the original vehicles. He’ll look at Ukrainian BTR’s for example they are only BTR’s in name. But are completely different vehicles in turret position and internal layout and components.

7 Likes

If i remember correctly, KBA-2 can use longer projectiles

In this suggestion we got this types of Object 478 tanks:
DU4
DU9
DU9-1/DU10
BEM-1(DU9 with Drozd APS)
478N (Yataghan)
DU9-T

1 Like

Also, long time no see, everyone!

2 Likes

Greetings

Steakinbacon said it best. Ignoring eastern European design philosophy and entire indigenous designs purely because you suffer from T-xx blindness and disregarding it as “different variant crap” is duplicitous and contributes nothing of worth to the discussion.
Again, there is no need to comment on topics you’re unwilling or uninterested in enough to educate yourself on.

2 Likes

Did I miss the DU4? Thankfully the others I missed have little bearing as they would feature the upgraded transmission as ZVO mentioned. But thank you.

Yep, it is in the right part of the suggestion
Also i think all T-84’s starting specifically from DU4 had upgraded gearboxes

1 Like

On another note, the Inguar 3 light vehicles could be added to the tree.
Fielded, but still under developement, the platform offers an array of weapons systems.
I would not be surprised to see combat proven modules such as “Spice”, “Grom”, “Shkval”, “Bau-23-2” and others in due time.
Although the weapons may be severely limited in weight and size to mount on such a chassis.

A Ukrainian developed “VDV Typhoon”

Although the attached photos are just mockups, as far as I can tell.

IMG_2910

2 Likes

All known is that this MRAP? is currently on state testing, and without any turret or combat module

On the other hand we have this abomination:

So i believe inguar would be capable of using some combat module

3 Likes

Ive seen that its already seen limited combat experience, they mustve been wrong : (

At the very least, you can slap an ATGM Combat module on the Inguar.

Or get it open top and slap a Stugna there. But I dont particularly like that, and I dont think anyone else does either. Its why we havent seen the open-top Humvees with TOWs suggested here despite their use

I’ve seen only testing stage , so no idea what is true

Or there can be slapped Amulet module with the same Stugna ATGM

BM44U is simply like BM42 for USSR/Russia, as Ukraine lacked even 3BM42 and didnt have the means to produce it.
BM44U1 would be better BM44U, however IIRC it never went far from mockup.
T-80BVM is made from T-80BV featuring better frontal hull armour package (T-84 literally cuts most of UFP’s frontal package in order to fit ERA, making areas without ERA or detonated ERA have lower protection than even T-80BV.
Without ERA UFP’s protection would probably most likely be prone to even HSTV-L.
T-80BVM has superior stabiliser, actually has systems needed to fire longer projectiles, better hp/t ratio, worse reverse speed.
T-84 would probably have better with ERA protection, better turret, better reverse.
So its a trade off of having better rounds, better forward mobility for a better reverse, slightly worse vertical targetting speed (when Gaijin finally fixes the BVM’s).
Armour wise probably wont be important for a simple fact both have standart T series weakspots everyone knows.
T-84-120 would be superior due to better ammunition, if such ammunition would be given out.

1 Like

I need to explain something to you …

1. Some folk unofficial names of equipment have some kind of magic and are often used to replace official names-for example, the famous case of the MiG-23ML(A) The USSR Air Force …
  2. There is also no T-80UD tank in service in the USSR (this name is used for abbreviations in some types of documentation)…The official name with which it was adopted by the Soviet Army is “T-80U with 6TD engine”…
  3. Ukraine has long abandoned the Soviet legacy-therefore, a new classification was adopted for new Ukrainian tanks (BM Bulat / BM Oplot)… only export tanks and former Soviet ones retained the old classification-for example, out of 10 mass-produced BM Oplot tanks (478DU9)-4 pieces after the installation of KAZ Drozd delivered in the USA under the name T-80UD…
  4. Accordingly, since 2000, officially there has been no T-84 tank in Ukraine, there is a BM Oplot tank (I gave screenshots in a previous message)…
  5. When you write T-84, the maximum that you mean is T-84 (478 DU5)…It does not have a thermal imager, Dynamic protection “Knife” and so on…in what it surpasses the T-80BVM is (Better armored turret and reverse speed)…It looks something like this…
Spoiler

6.After the tender in Greece in 1998, where it took last place-after making numerous changes, the T-84 (478DU9) variant appeared…photo below…

Spoiler

1999_1

1. T-84(478DU9) was adopted by the Ukrainian army in 2000 under the official name BM “Oplot”…
  2. Tanks 478DU9-1/478DU10 are BM “Oplot-M” …
    9.Tank 479DU9-T is BM “Oplot-T” for Thailand…
  3. About shells-it is necessary to find out which ones are used in Thailand…
3 Likes

KBM-2 is 120 mm…There’s another automatic loader…

Spoiler

Т-84-120

This variant probably has to be one of the most unique out of T-series we got in game.

1 Like

Isn’t this DU1 or 2 variant?

I meant KBA-3, which is 125mm gun, just used wrong digit