Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

The option to have 120mm (KBM2 gun) or 125mm gun kind of gives T-55AGM value to be in the regular research tree IMO. They also can be stacked.

I’m down for this but I’ve seen only the version with the 125mm. 120mm versions with bustle autoloaders of any late Ukrainian vehicle are absolutely deadly and highly survivable, and would make good additions. I could also be blind and missed it.

One of the main reasons why I have the Yatagan and T-72-120 at Rank 8. They can fire rounds like the KE-W or DM53/DM73, etc. and have less fear of an internal ammunition explosion.

Glad to see the Tifon II being added here.
It’s definitely a fun vehicle.

1 Like

It’s listed on KhKBM old corporate site

1 Like

Yeah, I did see earlier the vehicle could mount a 120mm on the sources I’ve used, but Gaijin get’s goofy on this aspect since there really isn’t imagery showing it. Actually, a lot of there standards are irritating and double-sided.

Well of course, Gaijin can refuse any data at their discretion, but I think KhKBM site and their T-55AG promo is a valid source, and should be considered.

That channel is related to KhKBM and contains many other testing footage and presentations published on earlier version of the corporate site.

Also quote about NATO standard compliance of the gun:

The KBM2 gun can fire rounds of all types and purposes developed in compliance with NATO standards - STANAG 4385 and STANAG 4110 (APFSDS-T, HEAT-MP-T etc).

1 Like

T-72AMT(2022/2023) are generally cheaper versions…The original ones are better-I can’t document it yet, but it looks like the towers are no longer from the T-72B, but from the T-72A/T-72M1…
The sight also seems to have been replaced -1K13 from the T-72B with a TPN sight-1-49- 23UM from the T-72A…
there is no remote-controlled anti-aircraft cannon installations - instead of it, the commander’s shield, classic for the T-72, and a machine with a NSVT for firing in manual mode are installed…
One of the advantages of the serial T-72AMT was the tarpaulin tracks from the T-80, which slightly improved the rigidity of the T-72 suspension. On the 2023 sample, you can see the stock cast tracks for the T-72 with a sequential hinge…

Spoiler

1 Like

I was certainly wrong. Or maybe it’s bias because I am so used to the original suggestion that it is what I envision and hope for.
Probably both

But I do prefer the original suggestion over this WIP tree.
Maybe I was heavy handed with suggesting the removal of donated equipment - I didn’t mean T-72EA/M1, M-55S and so on.

I’d be inclined to say people want a still-unique tech-tree which doesn’t infringe on either typical NATO trees or CSTO trees (by that I 99% mean the Russian Federation).

So no M1s, Leopards, or equally so, T-90s or the modern Russian MBTs - basically the stuff which comes to mind when people think “western tank” or “eastern tank”.
It’s kinda why everyone was mad about the T-90S Bhishma going to Britain as an Indian tank. That’s just not “British”.

And while I do appreciate the artillery suggestion, i’m not sure if it is best to place it here - this topic is already the largest of “other tech-trees” by far, and with so much information to indulge in between the original post, replies, discussions and links / external stuff it can already be easy to confuse and therefore lose people.

Just wouldn’t want to drive off newcomers - why is there a sixth line? Wtf is a BM-21? Oh, then why is it here?

Thanks!

1 Like

There is a western tree version to include said vehicles you listed in the works as well as the artillery is experimental. There will be a 5-line version that removes the artillery section too. I wanted to find more of a reason to add the 2S22 Bohdana 3.0 (serial production). The tree is difficult to work with right now due to Gaijin changing things up with the previous roadmap that streamlines the tree to make it easier to get Rank 8 i.e. 3 vehicles or so in each line per rank not including 1 vehicle foldered to each. Thanks tho.

Edit: One last thing, based on Gaijin adding a lot more artillery to the game recently as well map extensions, I have a feeling we should be seeing an artillery mechanic as one of the major updates coming which is my reasoning for Line 6. However it will likely need to be condensed into the TD line anyway because some other nations lack the capability to even have a full SPH/MLRS line.

1 Like

what in the world is that

Ah, so it’s a way to trim down costs to increase production or to increase commonality of parts.

“Ironclad” drone with “Sabre” combat module. It was even used in combat but the footage cannot be posted here for obvious reasons.

Here’s demo presentation from 3 Ukrainian drone platform manufacturers from 2021 instead:

Still not as powerful as Cyberdyne T-1 model, so there’s definitely some room for future improvements!

Warmer…(Eastern version), still not done.

Notes:

• BMP-1P (ZSU-23-2) does not have an ATGM launcher.
  • MAN 8x8 KS-19’s primary focus will be its proxy-AA rounds, but it does have a very large variety of rounds it can fire which is why it’s 7.7.
  • Due to the amount of T-64’s, the advanced ones were broken off into the second line beyond the T-72AMT and because of this, the T-72AMT and the BMPT Strazh are not connected (i.e. no arrow), meaning you do not need to research the T-72 line in order to get to the BMPT Strazh.
  • T-72-120, BMT-72 (KBA-2), and T-84-120 ‘Yatagan’ are all listed with high BR’s due to them all having unique bustle-mounted autoloaders, significantly increasing survivability, with the capability of firing rounds like the DM43/OFL 120 F1, KE-W-series, DM53 or DM73, etc. Not to mention the Konus GL-ATGM.
  • Thai Oplot-T has been added to increase Rank VIII event vehicles. It does feature minor changes from the standard Oplot-M but overall same gameplay. A side ability of this is for Thai players to be able to create there own country’s lineup with skins and decals to match. Thai utilized vehicles include the Oplot-T, BTR-3E, and BTR-3RK.
  • Rank IV was removed to try and focus on later Ukrainian developments but is open to future reimplementation.
  • T-84 BR’s are tailored to the 3BM44U-series rounds as well as utilization of the Kombat GL-ATGM.
  • Most of the existing Soviet-era vehicles are added due to Ukraine inheriting them in 1991. Ukraine has used these vehicles to further develop its arms industry and therefore are fair game. Not to mention, some are in active service today.
  • The T-55M8-A2 Tifon II is the T-55AGM, but specifically tailored to the only prospective customer being Peru.
  • The MT-LBMSh, T-72UMG, and T-80UD have been added to show Ukraine’s successful exports for Myanmar, Turkmenistan, and Pakistan. This list is not all encompassing and some vehicles are already in the tree that have been exported such as the T-64B1M, BTR-3RK, BTR-3E, BTR-4E, BMP-1U, etc.
  • While the 2S19 Msta-S has been added (edit: I forgot to upload the more recent version with it moved to 7.7), I believe there’s a strong indiciation we should be seeing an artillery mechanic this year based on expansion of large maps, or creation of new ones, and the rapid addition of multiple SPH’s for all nations, therefore I expect there BR’s to jump like the 2S1 Gvozdika to Rank V, the 2S3M Akatsiya to Rank VI, and the addition of the 2S22 Bohdana 3.0 and the moving of the 2S19 Msta-S to rank VII.
  • The layout of the tree is inspired by Gaijin’s current iteration of trees being roughly 3 vehicles per line (not including foldered vehicles), per rank.

Lastly, as I said prior, a Western-inspired version is in the works after I have this version refined and reviewed.

7 Likes

Thermal vision channels of Ukrainian BTR-3E1 from fresh video posted by btvt

Additionally, reports incoming about first combat involvement of FrankenSAM system today at night against Shahed drones.

There are three known FrankenSAM projects at the moment:

• Buk missile system with AIM-7/RIM-7 missiles
  • Unknown launcher with AIM-9M missiles
  • Unknown Ukrainian radar system with Patriot Launchers
2 Likes

Looks like a highly modified farming truck ngl

that one looks great, no western donated vehicles, can support that one

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind western vehicles if they are unique like if believe the Challenger 2 they were given the add extra ERA ir armour to it i believe

In the Western version, the Leopard 2A6, and 2A4 will be added due to the A6 receiving addon slat armor and the A4 receiving Kontact-1. Other vehicles will be covered later. Abrams and Challenger will most likely not be added.

1 Like

So they didn’t add armour to the Challenger

• Not so much that, but to prevent several nation’s MBT’s from overwhelming the tree. German-originated vehicles are a lot easier to work with because there’s technically 3 versions of the Leopard 2 you can get (the 2A6, 2A4, and 2A4 w/ ERA) as well as the 1A5DK compared to one Abrams and one Challenger. A Leopard tank family as you will, that can extend beyond just one Rank. If you have too many other nations MBT’s in, with no other derivatives available, it takes away the purpose of the tree and that is to focus on Ukrainian developed vehicles.
  • I’m looking at the Leopard 2A6 with cage armor as a Tier III modification, a standard Leopard 2A4, the Leopard “2A4V” with Kontact-1 ERA, Leopard 1A5DK, M2A2 ODS-SA (likely as a squadron vehicle due to the sheer amount donated as well as popularity of it), Gepard 1A2/Gepard PRTL (not the Stinger version as that’s a prototype) M-55S because it’s not a game-breaker, FrankenSAM’s (if can be independently operated) and maybe the PT-91, T-72M1R, T-72M(1), T-72EA, Marder 1A3, and parts of the Rosomak family (M120 RAK and Rosomak-M1 specifically, but still unsure). Donated Artillery also may be considered in limited quantity. A small quantity will be in the tree out of those listed, the rest will be event, squadron, and premiums.