Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Just wanted to post it)

2 Likes

Final modification of Ukrainian AHS Krab self-propelled tracked howitzer with protective net and camouflage net

Ukraine has approximately 54 AHS Krab

5 Likes

Honestly I think other countries with more interesting stuff should be prioritised as a possible independent tech tree in the future, such as Spain. In my opinion, Ukraine has nothing that’s really interesting, it’s all mostly modified T-72, T-80, BMP and BTR.

1 Like

In all fairness, but spain isnt a great example either. Korea , poland are more likely they still got unqiue mbt options while spain is copy paste as well

5 Likes

Spain has original vehicles during all time periods. The Leopard 2A4 or the Leopard 2E would not be the only choices available, you could also add special AMX-30 modifications (such as “El Niño”) or even introduce the Lince MBT project.

2 Likes

I have to disagree with you, Ukraine and Spain have the same uniqueness. Spain is modernizing and adapting Western tanks to its needs, and Ukraine is doing the same with T-64/72/84, etc. The only difference is that the Ukrainian army is younger, since Ukraine only gained independence in 1991.

5 Likes

Well I mean, wouldn’t that make Spain have a preference for being a country with more vehicles to add? From Panzer 1 and CV-33/35 variants, to very special M41 concepts, plus tons of M47 versions and really interesting prototypes (such as an attempt to design a adaptation of the M47 to an artillery vehicle). I can agree on the Leopards though, they’d be a copypaste.

(I’m not saying Ukraine has no place in WT, but at least to me, it’s become really frustrating to see how countries with a very limited ammount of original vehicles were added before others that were a much better choice are even considered imo).

Actually I’ve looked into Spanish tanks some time ago and constructed a tech tree as a side project. I can say Its not enought to make a fulfleged tree, and there is a big gap between 3.7 Pz.IV H and M24 up to 5.7 with M56 and 6.0 with M41E. It would be perfect as a sub-tree, tho I don’t know where it should go. Both nations should wait, there are better options such as Yugoslavia or United Korea for example.

2 Likes

Spain has an aerial industry that would bring some uniqueness to it that Ukraine would lack.
It’s nothing major and they don’t have many indigenous platforms, but they do have some interesting modifications and lower tiers that Ukraine lacks.

Ground they are both good at but in different ways, with Spain being a more “something unique at every rank but nowhere perfect” and Ukraine being intensely high tier focused.

Naval Is no contest, don’t think I really have to get into that one.

Helicopters are poor in uniqueness for both, but helicopters are very limited in the nations who produced them or who modified them, so that isn’t a hit against either of them.

Both are valid additions, it just depends on what your priorities are, just for anyone who’s priority isn’t high- and top-tier ground Spain is a better option.

2 Likes

Ukrainian T-64B1M

This is not just a tank, but also a great means of transporting goods and almost a bus…

13 Likes

AMV XC-360P KTO Rosomak armored personnel carrier is in service with the 57th Separate Motorized Infantry Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Ukraine ordered from Poland 150 Rosomak armored personnel carriers

7 Likes

Yeah they made a mistake adding copy paste. That’s not a good argument for adding more garbage copy paste.

The thing is, again, a lot of the tech-tree is unique, majorly functional, design changes to Soviet Base vehicles or indigenous vehicles based on Soviet-Era design philospy (atleast until the most modern vehicles which shifted to a NATO-Soviet Mix).

And if we want to talk about copy-paste, atleast Ukraine has more of a claim on these vehicles than many other nations with said copy-paste. They either designed them, built them, or served with them on large scales under the Soviet Army’s/Ukr-SSR’s Banner (depending on the era).
It is entirely uncontroversial to say that Ukraine has far more of a claim on ZSUs, T72s, Mi-24s than the Italian techtree.

But that is off-topic, I want to again re-iterate the make-up of the tree

Indigenous/Not-present/Functionally-Changed & Significant

Current tech tree configuration, it is a work in progress with suggested changes and many honourable mention vehicles not yet included

BRM-1K
MT-LB-23-2
2S31M

3/8 37.5%

BTR-94
2S9
MT-LB-AT
BTR-RD
BTR-80 Joker
Lazika

6/12 50%

BTR-3E1
BTR-3DA
(Debatable, need data on K-1 effectiveness @ T-55s BR) T-55AM
M-55S
Leopard 1A5 DK
T-72EA
T-72UA1
BMP-1U
BMP-1UMD
T-64BV Zaslin
T-64BV Zr. 2017
T-64BV Zr. 2022
ZSU-23-4M3
(Debatable) Barrier-S
9P148 Konkurs
BRDM-2 Amulet
BTR-3E FSV (Cockerill 90mm)
BTR-70DI Zaslin
BMD-2
SBA-Novator Amulet
Obj. 432
BM-AB-13
T-55-64
MT-LBR7

24/37 64.864%

BMP-1UM
BTR-4A Grom Module
BTR-4E Parus Module
BMP-64
T-72AMT
BMT-72
(Debatable) Leopard-2(K1)
T-62AGM
T-80BV Zr. 2018
T-80UD Drozd
T-64BM1M
T-64BM Bulat
T-64BM2 Bulat
ZSU-23-4M-A1
ZSU-23-4M Donets
BTR-3K
BMP-55 ATGM
Kevlar-E
Otaman-3
(Debatable) M2A2 ODS
BTR-4MV1
(Debatable) T-72 SIM-1
T-72UMG Kazakh
T-64E
T-72E
Obj. 478DU4

26/29 89.655%

BMPT Strazh
Obj. 488
BTMP-84
T-84U Oplot
T-84-120 Yatagan
T-84 Oplot-M
T-84 Oplot-T
9K33M3 Osa-AKM
Azovets
T-72MP
T-55M8-A2 Tifon II

11/13 84.61%

I probably got something wrong, feel free to correct me.

Doing a quick comparison with Israel, & China, none of the big players to be on the same scale as Ukraine
Israel is a young nation, comparatively, and did not hold a large standing military for many decades/a century as the other nations did.
China may also be considered the same.
This is said in the context that Ukraine only gained independence in 1991.

Although my knowledge of these is not on par so feel free to correct me.
Going rank by rank, upwards, unique vehicles by same parameters as above

Israel -
4/11 36.36%
2/9 22.2%
13/14 92%
6/6 100%

China
0/7 0%
2/10 20%
3/7 42.85%
5/13 38.46%
4/8 50%
12/14 85.71%
11/11 100%

Double standards gentlemen, double standards!

11 Likes

It’s great that someone has finally calculated the percentage of unique vehicles in the proposed tech tree. A tremendous job has been done! Now, this is an excellent argument for those who didn’t even bother to examine the proposed tree and immediately accused it of being a copy…

3 Likes

I planned to do it on every nation but had no time for it

2 Likes

This is a very rough job and I can’t say it’s even above 90% accuracy, take it as you will. But thank you.

I have just discovered about tank T-24, which was firstly produced in Kharkiv. Will you add this vehicle to the tree as reserve (this vehicle would have BR like 2.0, so idk what do you think about it)

To avoid too many “copy-paste”, I think that it would make more sense to have an “Eastern Europe” tech tree

Definitely a reserve vehicle, also I suggested this one not long ago

1 Like

Why not make a Middle-Eastern, West-European, Central Asian, South-East Asian, sub-Saharan Africa and Latin American tree while we’re at it….

1 Like