Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Funny article
Shows Pakistani T-80UD and talks about Oplot, as i can understand

Only Oplot-M has a new tower…the rest have an Old Soviet project…The first T-80UD with a welded tower is Object 478BK (1987)…

Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-04-25 054534

1 Like

What do you want to prove? The T-80UD, T-84, BM Oplot turret has nothing to do with the T-90A, much less the T-95 project(OKR “Improvement-88").

They are different inside and different outside

The difference is noticeable both externally and even more so internally.

armor filler

BM Oplot

T-72/90

Why do you continue to spread myths?

4 Likes

You claim that the 80UD/84, BM OPLOT turret is a copy of the T-90A turret, while throwing in sources that do not in any way support this statement.

As for the T-80UD/84 turret, it was produced according to the KMDB project at the Azovmash plant, where it was tested.

The 80UD/84,bm oplot turret has nothing to do with Omsk or the T-90A, much less with the "Improvement-88" project

СТАЛЬ И ОГОНЬ: СОВРЕМЕННЫЕ И ПЕРСПЕКТИВНЫЕ ТАНКИ: РАЗРАБОТКА И ПРОМЫШЛЕННОЕ ОСВОЕНИЕ ПРОИЗВОДСТВА СВАРНОКАТАНОЙ БАШНИ БОЕВОГО ТАНКА

And where is there even a minimal mention of the tower filler?

3 Likes

The answer to this question is right there in his nickname.

I even un-ignored that last post for a quick laugh, then saw this diamond:

Only a tower of Ukrainian design is installed on Oplot-M…everything else is Soviet heritage…

Something must have happened with this mythical “soviet heritage” in Russia - the ancient tech of moving tanks backwards with the 30km/h speeds was forever lost in an instant due to mysterious reasons, due to which no russian tank can have it, and this art was only preserved by scribes in Ukraine. You heard it here first, people!

9 Likes

Interesting but I voted no, sub faction of Russia I’d take… despite recent politics.

Reason being a lot of these vehicles will just be reskins, gaijin could then make unique skins for say btr or t80 styled ukrainian camo… they don’t exactly bring anything fresh to the table. So I think its a lame idea for a full faction.

Central europe faction, Poland lead, czech, ukraine and Lithuania perhaps… but again alot of these will not be adding their own vehicles just more regurgitation.

So I think any nation mentioned here is a sub-faction only bringing camo for Roleplaying sakes and a sub line and/or premium anything outlandishly different.

Alternatively just dress your bradley up Ukraine… fixed the void for you.

Simulation mode gonna suck if ideas like this work xD

1 Like

I would love to see a Ukraine tech tree

8 Likes

You haven’t even looked at post above, haven’t you? Most of the vehicles in Ukrainian tech tree are either originated in Ukraine, or have significant modifications unique to Ukraine, or have Western supplied vehicles that seen actual combat (unlike 90% of the vehicles in other nations trees) and been modified in Ukraine. And it’s still a work-in-progress version that lacks more unique options (like Supacat ASRAAM launcher that can replace some AA options)

There are no reskins, unless you also affected from T-XX blindness.

Simulation mode gonna suck if ideas like this work

Why people always bring “simulation mode will suck” argument every single time (not only in this thread)? Who even cares about that at this point of game lifecycle, when most of the tech trees now have token western\soviet tanks anyway? You can’t break that was already broken long time ago.

sub faction of Russia I’d take
Alternatively just dress your bradley up Ukraine… fixed the void for you.

So you want Ukrainian Bradley (that actually fulfilled the role to which it was designed first time since its creation right here in Ukraine) and all western equipment that was actively used in combat in significant numbers ( like Gepards, Paladins) and now inseparable part of AFU to be added into Soviet tree to boost it even more? Or you want some FuNnY downgraded version of Ukraine from alternative soviet-lovers reality where only BTR-4 and Oplot exist?

8 Likes

Fml… okay lets go…

Right look at the majority of that tech tree presented to us… so much re-print. Solution merge it with the tech tree it belongs too anyways seen as Ukraine was USSR concept makes sense to give it’s foundations there.

'91 and onwards just take the Interesting stuff make a few prems and away we go, I don’t want dud vehicles because it fulfills a dream.

Would I play the proposed faction… most likely, would I enjoy playing the same planes and tanks I have been already… it’ll be stale. So again sub-faction leans more to my preference and camos for fulfill roleplayers.

Simulation because this would outright just mess with players… atleast the other factions have very unique camos to differentiate between.

As for the Bradley I am fooling around there… but ultimately couldn’t give a rats arse if Russia got it.

Ukraine sub-faction sure, take the good bits, some premiums, event vehicles (Ukraine bradley for USA, or btr4)

Gepard and other vehicles thay can be reskined into Ukraine colours, potential charity fund raiser here for aiding civilians affected by the war via camo loot boxes.

So no I wasn’t blind just didn’t think the suggested idea was a best way to get ukraine involved in-game, I see easier ways and inventive ways to get this result.

I should have wrote more like that to stay with than being so dismissive I guess… my bad

I wouldn’t necessarily be ok with it but as long as they don’t get the Western tanks that were handed to Ukraine then I don’t really care.

If it were to be added, I don’t see it not coming with some of the more popular modifications, like seen above the Leopard 2A4 with Kontakt-1, it should come as a premium or something for Ukraine.

3 Likes

The biggest issues here is that 1 Russia/USSR tech tree is already too big. 2 it would be way too controversial and shouldn’t even be considered.

The only way Ukraine should be added is as a sub-tech tree to another tech tree that isn’t Russia. Or as an independent tech tree which most of us want anyway. And Ukraine would be better off having its own tech tree otherwise don’t bother adding it at all. And if Russia gets Ukrainian tanks in their tech tree than I’m sorry but expect another boycott.

2 Likes

If Ukraine is a separate tech tree yes. I don’t think a Ukrainian sub tree in the Russian tech tree should get modern Western Equipment. (I personally think the same for tech trees like the U.S. and Germany they also shouldn’t get modern Russian equipment).

or should not be added at all

Can’t remember if this was shared (a good refresher nonetheless) but this is short breakdown of the RWS used on a BMP-1 seen below.

The Weapon Station is highly modular, featuring the capability to mount several different weapon systems for different mission sets. It utilizes the renown ZTM-1 30mm automatic cannon, the Barrier-212 ATGM system capable of firing 2x RK-2 missiles, the KBA-117 30mm automatic grenade launcher, 6x 81mm smoke grenades for self-protection, and a KT-7.62mm coaxial machine gun. The system features an updated fire control and stabilizer to increase capabilities on the move as well as the turret is unmanned. Not only that but it utilizes perforated armor to reduce weight but still maintain a level of light armor to protect against small arms fire and light autocannon fire.

8 Likes

Looks like it could be an uparmoured BM-7, very cool!

1 Like

What’s the precise name of this modification/IFV?

I haven’t seen a name for either vehicle but I’m sure it will be released some point soon.

Hey there guys

Just came here to tell some useful information

Mbombe 6x6 with BM-7 Spear was made before war, and due to it’s start couldn’t be moved back to SAR
It can stay in Ukraine up to 2025 , then something will be figured out

BMP-1 with new RCWS not appeared anywhere else yet, but on that proving/training ground

As i learned not too long ago, T-80UD with Drozd APS, that was sold to USA (they look like early versions of BM Oplot) were POSSIBLY a downgraded Obj.478DU9 in terms of armour package, FCS and situational awareness(no thermals and no LWR)

Direct quote of that message :

“All 478du9s were finalized before being sold to the Americans. They removed thermal imaging cameras, removed the filler armor packages and replaced them with the previous generation, the level of T-80UD of the USSR times.DZ NOZH dismantled, put in place of its first prototypes - which not even close to serial versions. Drozd, although modified in Lviv, but that under the requirements of the customer.Electronic stuffing was also replaced by NOT having in itself secrets for the U.S. Yes, the engine was left native 6TD-2 at 1200 horsepower.”

4 Likes