Type 93's weight

Theres just no way the type 93 weighs 4.6 tons. No way. The truck itself weighs 2.8 tons no way the missle launcher weighs almost 2 tons. Isnt the type 93 around 3 tons? I read on some sites?

1 Like

If you think a massive turret on the rear of a toyota weights a couple hundred pounds or something by all means find some references and make a bug report so I can nyoom again.
Imgur

Yes, 4 tons seems about right. The M1097 Avenger humvee is also about 4 tons. And is that a 170hp engine i see there? Were the civilian mega cruisers fitted with the 150hp engine and the military ones with the 170hp one then?

Take 4.15 imperial tons and convert it to US tons and it becomes 4.65

This was part of the bug report used to change the weight, you’ll need to a better source than this to correct it if you believe it’s wrong

hey, do you have the link to the bug report? Also im kind of confused, why imperial tons? Doesnt japan use the metric system?

This placard shows 4.2t.

2 Likes

War thunder itself uses the metric system so I honestly don’t know in that regard.
Thats the implemented report.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/d5XhxYFiO2B9

Honestly, I can drive the Type 93 a lot more smoothly on rough terrain. Used to loose control so easily, flip, spin and so on.

You can see which information is more trustworthy, mine, which I am explaining with data published by the GSDF, or yours, which you say you think is the right weight. If you even come to my bug report and say things like “I hate you,” then you can gather your own data on weight and have it lightened.

Sure, your source might be correct. Its just so absolutely unecessary for you to make such a bug report which has now ruined what once was a fun speedy vehicle

To be fair it is still a fun and speedy vehicle exceeding all others in game. Only that it now more closely reflects realistic performance.

If you feel that way, you can tell gaijin to get rid of the bug reporting site because you won’t be able to play the game comfortably. If I don’t have to report bugs, that goes for everyone else too. Good luck getting gaijin to make a game for your pleasure.

When did it lose the smokeless motors? I find the Type 93 to struggle enough and the moment a target is finally in range and you spot it, they instantly attempt to dodge when they see it… and something up close I have yet to figure out how to actually hit.

I don’t know where the launcher is or why the missiles aren’t visible, that’s just Gaijin quality, but how do I kill an up close heli?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

When did it lose the smokeless motors? I find the Type 93 to struggle enough and the moment a target is finally in range and you spot it, they instantly attempt to dodge when they see it… and something up close I have yet to figure out how to actually hit.

I don’t know where the launcher is or why the missiles aren’t visible, that’s just Gaijin quality, but how do I kill an up close heli?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Well its weight got changed. I don’t mind either mass regardless
IMG_1475
And they changed the the gears of the type 93 again. When are they going to add the several missing gears in the type 16?

If they doubled the weight than maybe make it so it can actually knock down an object, Gaijin always treats they tiny vehicles as if they’re some civilian car and not still a military grade vehicle several tons in weight, so annoyed playing the R3 and getting stuck in a wooden post because I’m in a tiny vehicle which actually is still 3.5 tons which is a small truck.

I have to rely on my squad mate to use his mg to knock down minor obstacles

1 Like