Type 89 ATGM Flight Model

The BMP has beam riding missiles, so not the best comparison.

But the Type 79 seems worse than the TOWs which are wire guided though.

It seems to over-correct itself in both directions creating the corkscrew flight.
I think I will try to create a bug report

3 Likes

It’s not the same type of missile, it’s just convenient all the other missiles are complete ass in comparison to beam riding which happens to not be on any NATO vehicles as far as I know.

3 Likes

Can’t it also shoot on the move?

2 Likes

Yes, also exclusive to Russia I think, because reasons.

3 Likes

There is an acknowledged report already from 2 months ago:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vybLP0irccTE

It’s in Russian but it reports the same thing

I’d recommend making a report for this

1 Like

You want gaijin to fix something in japan tech tree? Are you insane? Most likely they would never fix something in tech tree they hate

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/live/GY2bqfCaSGk?si=MCqSV4RFGakgyGIg&t=2606

Working as intended lol

Not to mention, if you try to fire the ATGM at the same angle as seen in the video the missile will refuse to move downwards and explode mid-air.

3 Likes

Gaijin: “Fix it? You mean INCREASE THE BR YES?! AAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH-

5 Likes

they need to do something about the missile flight path for this thing. and an explanation as to all the nerfs it’s received if some are historical fine but i doubt all of them are there is no way the missile flys the way it does they are 100% useless and even worse you can only shoot 34 shells before you have to reload one by one. i am being serious here why is it with Japan we are always left in the dark we need answers some thing needs to be done to bring this vehicles to their attention.

5 Likes

Ok HOLD ON I CAN’T- This is just way too fucking shit to be real

1 Like

What happend?

d6a

1 Like

I know I have the poor boy. But with the text I for some reason thought that there was some datamine or something suggesting it being cripled even more

1 Like

Type 89 Fix
Looks like they will fix it (or atleast try to) in 2.31.1.50

Edit: Looks like the 2.31.1.50 update is out. I hope its better now

4 Likes

Has anyone already tried it? Is it better now?

Looks a lot better still sinks down a tad bit but looks like you can hit things now.

1 Like

Not as heavy and sluggish as before, still has a tendency to overcorrect it’s flight path after launch.

Now it’s usable for mid to long range and somewhat decent for close quarters.

1 Like

Its finally usable now

9 Likes

looks reasonable

1 Like