Type 625E necessary addition to fill 9.3 - 11.7 SPAA gap

China has a 10.7 lineup but no support vehicles.

The QN506 addition despite being an event vehicle will at least continue to fulfill the role of IFV, the AFT-09 is a very functional missile carrier.

Where are the SPAA options?

Drones are enabled 10.3 onwards yet there is no radar tracking SPAA option. We are stuck with 10G SAMs

9 Likes

i agree!

2 Likes

625E using FB-10 SAM which has 40G+ overload and 20km+ range.

2 Likes

Yitian at 9.3-9.7 with ty-90

there is also jeep version

Also a Big Boi version

Zbl08 has an autocannon and ty90

10 Likes

which kind of ammunition does this cannon fire?

I was really curious about this vehicle as I felt it would make a great SPAA for China and apperently it’s real name is PGL-12 (Type 12) Anti-Air Gun-Missile System. I really hope someone considers making a suggestion for this vehicle.

2 Likes

It’s the same 35mm as found on the gepard.

1 Like

nonono it is same as 2A72 30mm auto canno ,ZBL08 can be seen as a BMP3 with wheels and without HE becasue it has a HJ73 launcher

2 Likes

it’s as same as 2A72 and has a HJ73 launcher

1 Like

Your thinking of the IFV version which uses a different autocannon. This vehicle is based on an already modified SPAA version of the platform that uses the 35mm autocannon, hints why it’s called the Type 12.
The Type 12 is actually just a modification of the type 09 anti air reconnaissance vehicle, which in turn is based on the IFV version.

2 Likes

oh sry my bad. I thought you r talking about ZBL08

All good, I should of specified what exactly I was talking about.

what about this?

I think this would fit perfectly at 10.7, basically a Type 81 C.

2 Likes

Should definitely make a suggestion thread in it, if one doesn’t already exist

If anybody wants to do a suggestion, feel free. I dont really know how to make one and I also just recently found out about it, so I dont know much more about the missile then whats on that brochure.

Just wanted to share, maybe somebody already has more information then I could find with a quick google search.

@soviet_MoonMan if either of you feel like helping get information i will make it, rn i dont have the time on my hands to dig.

@thethrill820 @soviet_MoonMan
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/ttt0m2/gaijin_please_fb10a_shortrange_air_defense/
I found a reddit thread asking for it from 2 years ago and already has been added to some excel list from a mod, so I guess we dont need to anymore.

1 Like

@soviet_MoonMan @thethrill820
I spoke to a suggestion mod and he told me to redo the suggestion here on the forum, since reddit and the forum are separate entities.

Ive already made the suggestion and send it in for review, I will post it here when it gets accepted.

1 Like

thank you! i still have a pending suggestion for the VN-20 so hopefully they get posted at the same time

1 Like

my suggestion got denied because i have no history or development info, but you cant really find anything about that online.

so if somebody has some info on it i would greatly appreciate it.