Tunisia Map change

Can i ask whose bright idea was it to completely ruin the gameplay of this and other maps.
I know those in charge don’t play the game but for all the time and effort i and other players put into the game ,we should have a say in how or why the maps play good or lousy.
gajin says it listens to players but in this case i think the ear buds must have been in at the séance because this and those others have been totally and utterly destroyed as playable maps .
When attacking from the north into the rocks its a no win situation unlike before when we had a 50/50 chance of flanking A but now its get to the hilltops and nothing its a shooting gallery .
Please Please , stop messing about with the maps they were alright as they were if you want to do something to improve the game design maps like :

Monte Cassino , Burma road, Kasserine pass , Bir Hakim etc real life battle maps not modern day maps all pretty and normal those are for modern tanks not WW2
Please guys don’t ruin a good game with useless tweaks and total unplayable maps

12 Likes

it seems that the devs have made the spawn point behind the bridges very open to attack now as you can turn left off the bridge ,cross the river and hit anything spawning there side on.You can hide in that recess immune from attack from behind any more.

Overall I liked the old Tunisia it had 3 different cap zones to be played in 3 different ways so it offered choices. I just dont think it needed changing as it was never a problem.

That is my issue in the game that the real issues remain year after year but Gaijin tinker with things that were fine or even very good.That is why the game is still an unfinished a mess 12 years on or however old it is now.

4 Likes

New Tunisia is pretty good in my opinion. As with any map change, you need to learn the meta camping spots that got added/moved.

4 Likes

Tunisia used to be an actually fun map, for top tier, like red desert.

It has some pretty hilly hills and offered different playstyles on one map, which is rare these days, and games didn’t end in 5 minutes.

Although it wasn’t perfect with spawn to spawn shooting 4 seconds after the game started, these changes are too drastic. Total 180 from what the map used to be.

Fixing the spawn areas would’ve rid it of most of it’s issues but they went overboard and it sucks now.

Not totally unplayable but less freedom with how open it is

3 Likes

There are problems with maps at top tier which simply are not problems at low or mid tier and because we share maps those at the lower end have to suffer because somebody in a helicopter can kill from spawn.So may faults in this game.

3 Likes

With the changes in the sights for top tier in the roadmap, we’re in dre need for some top tier maps and not some flat extensions of lower tier ones.

It puzzels me how Rhine is a top tier map

2 Likes

I am baffled why they use such an ancient set up that wont allow different maps for the different eras

1 Like

What i cant fathom is why use WW2 vehicles on blatant modern maps like ,Sweden, north Holland, cargo port(with its containers}, instead of using them purely for modern tanks and aircraft and design newer ones for said options .
Leave the likes of advance to the rhine ,Kuban, Stalingrad etc for WW2 and maybe some cold war vehicles ?.
Perhaps like i said look through the archives and find more cold war /modern battlegrounds and more WW2 for those others

1 Like

That would be the expectation for a game like this and that is why this game falls short of expectation.

2 Likes

Good advice would be: “If it ain’t broke, don’t break it”. Advice sadly too late…

3 Likes

Good advice would be: “If it ain’t broke, don’t break it”. Advice sadly too late…

Unfortunately, they’ve adopted the joke version of this saying, “if it ain’t broke, fix it till it is.”

3 Likes