Tornados Ids bugs. Nerfs. useless 11.0

It might happen when you just gently touch your mouse. Without even wanting to fly a turn. A minor correction might be already fatal. We’re not talking about intentional high G turns. These totally random wing rips are so super annoying.

1 Like

exactly! thank you so much.

IDK how you guys are ripping your wings cause it’s hard to rip wings on full fuel, and 8 missiles with ADV, and full fuel with IDS.

2 Likes

Several options have been discussed, including this one.

The developers have opted to keep it historical with the large canister charges being operable and focus efforts on working towards a system that can handle multiple times of countermeasures at once.

1 Like

try the IDS with 8 bombs and the 2 pods - no fuel tanks to not stress wings - it still breaks just flicking the mouse / joystick.

The flare slots are canister charges which can be loaded with chaff in some systems. Hence why they were selected. You cannot load flares however into the 500 chaff packet location. The pod physically would not fit them.

Why would I? I’m not making maneuvers to begin with while the fuel pods are attached. Their job is exclusively to get me near the enemy. After that they’re gone whether out of fuel or not.
Extra drag is not a good thing to have.

1 Like

reading comprehension not found

@Thodin @CptRy4nFinn have you got any videos of these wing rips? I’ve been throwing the GR.1 around like a complete mad man and just cannot get the wings to come off.

the PS5 client sucks so no video sadly, but i can reproduce it on every air spawn battle/map with the IDS.

The Mig 29 is limited to 8G above certain weights or with the R27s equipped but it still won’t rip in a 13G turn with those on. The limit does not seem to apply to it there…

No vids, but tbh…intentional turns usually work fine, even with the 9G warning blinking. As you said. Its the unexpected rips for no obvious reason, which are annoying.

Instruct me how to get the wings to come off and I’ll see if it’s something I can re-create.

join in City or any air spawn map, or in GRB, with the IDS, loadout of 8 or 12 bombs, no fuel tanks, flare pods.
flick your mouse / gamepad left or right.
that’s it.

Gaijin do not care about the limits listed for weapons. They take the clean aircraft limits as the basis for wing ripping. When you strap 12,000 lb of extra weight to the bottom of the Tornado there is a lot of extra force being applied to the wings during manoeuvres which means the maximum g you can pull is lower than when clean.

For the miG-29 a couple of R-27s ads barely any weight so the impact on how many g you can pull is minimal?

there is no warning before the rips on the IDS, so there’s no crazy G’s going on.

How much fuel and do you take Sidewinders?

20 minute load, and yes, 2x 9L

Still can’t get the wings to rip off.

this guy here does a very slow roll and rips → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J_oulQwJGk