Tornado GR.4: Tenacious Tonka

“its a skill issue if you cant use this weapon”

12km range btw not 20 since anything longer than 60 seconds and it blows up

4 Likes

why am i not surprised snail manages to fuck this one up

3 Likes

Wouldnt be useless if it just had fire and forget like the other AGM’s at its BR

you can always take PGMs if the new ordnance doesn’t float your boat

thats not the point the brimstone missiles are the selling point of the GR4

I’m quite looking forward to trying out the GPS+SAL Paveway, and Brimstones seem to have some meme potential too

Fax

i mean compared to the a10c the tornado has it much better in arb, far superior airframe, also has hms, it should be higher than the a10c in air

are you really compering the tornado to the A10C?

and at 12.0 it would be.

Though…

• A-10C has better low speed handling
  • 4x Aim-9M instead of the 2 on the GR4
  • Full HMD and not HMS (the A-10C has the in-HMD-IFF which is really good in sim)
  • Equal CM count (if running TERMA, less flares but more chaff if running BOZ)
  • Both have MAWS (if you are running TERMA instead of BOZ)
  • A-10C has better stand-off weapons for GRB
  • A-10C has a much better gun with a lot more ammo.

Only major advantage of the GR4 is flat line speed.

2 Likes

it has better low speed handling because all it can do is low speed, hms is only relevant in 1 gamemode, the a10c has a higher BR in grb due to its better striking weapons, gun doesnt matter if the opponent isnt completely incompetent

So in air modes then. A-10C at 11, 7 Tornado Gr4 at 12.0. Done.

Just because the Tornado Gr4 is faster than the A-10C doesnt justfy the GR4 suddenly being 12.3 instead of 12.0.

youre underplaying the fm advantage of the tornado by a lot, its better in overall maneuverability on top of speed and climb rate

You will never win a turn fight in a Tornado IDS. Never. Unless the pilot you are facing is really stupid.

A-10C, if you can bait them low and slow, will win most of the time.

The Tornado is faster in a straight line that is it. That is the only advantage the GR4 holds over the A-10C. And again. Im not suggesting the GR4 be 11.7. Im suggesting it should be 12.0. Which is a higher BR than the A-10C.

fair enough, but the a10c relies on foolish enemies while the tornado can hold its own better against fighters. 12.3 or 12.0 would probably work fine

It will be DOA in 1v1 battle against even 11.7/11.3 (RB/SB) like the Mig-23MLD (with a competant pilot). At 12.3/12.7 (RB/SB) That it has currently, it stands no chance vs F-16s or Mig-29s. Let alone those at 13.0/13.3 with fox-3.

Overall I’d give the GR4 the same A2A performance/survivability to that of the F-111F but its at a higher BR

3 Likes

Is there anything else worth boasting about the Tornado GR4 besides being able to fly at supersonic speed?
After the disappearance of the millimetre-wave missile, which was deliberately criticised by Gaijin for the “balance”, only the invincible aircraft of AGM114K can be used. Now I just want to use Su34 to laugh at it fiercely.

4 Likes

Minimal, but the FLIR is quite nice. Should be handy in Sim when flying the GR4 in the exact same manner as you fly the GR1 currently, low, fast and with a belly full of bombs. ePaveways are also kinda interesting, hoping to see those on the Gr7

But yeah… GR4 is a minor upgrade overall.

1 Like

The 11.3 f104 asa would beat it i think due if it gets past the 9ms

@Smin1080p_WT I have a real question, why do you (Gaijin, or the dev team, I don’t really know who is in charge of that) keep adding more and more modern planes to the game if you can’t introduce them with their real weapons?

One of the things I find more and more frustrating is that recently, all the planes added have been with reduced capabilities or limitations in their loadouts, why not wait another year (or even more if necessary), find equivalents for other countries, and add them all at the same time, with their real capabilities.

Not only would it make many players much happier (we wouldn’t even need to get upset in this thread) but also the balancing would be much better, since all nations would have weapons with similar capabilities.

3 Likes