Tornado GR.4: Tenacious Tonka

And this is a game for everyone’s entertainment, not exactly the same as reality. Besides, you are already deviating from reality further and further (F-16AJ, R2Y2, Ho-Ri).

4 Likes

Them and the Panstir. If we can’t get any ARH missile, then that shouldn’t be in the game by the same logic they are using to half bake the Brimestones.

Nothing about it’s performance in this mode is ahistorical.

That was the pont at hand.

Ok guys. Lot of spam at the moment and the topic discussion is going round in circles despite the answers. It will have a short cool off period whilst some calm down at tad. We are getting very close to rants here.

1 Like

I understand that you can’t have the brimstone with LOAL right now but we want fire-and-forget mode on the brimstone like the AGM64

11 Likes

The issue though, is that those identical issue occur whether you are talking about Brimstone or AGM-65 or KH-38.

Brimstone as of right now, is one of the weakest AGMs at top tier and on one of the weakest platforms at that BR as well.

No one was expecting the ability to fire at 300ft and turn away without ever seeing the enemy. But they were expecting a performance equal to that of existing AGMs.

As it stands the Harrier Gr7 or just using PGMs on the Gr1/Gr4 will have a greater stand off potential. The Su-25SM3 or the F-16C have far greater potential In GRB. Heck the F15E and Su34 with their GPS glide bombs have a greater stand off potential on far more powerful mutlirole platforms.

Given missiles like the Martel were given totally fake FnF abilities (which if anything makes them far stronger than IRL in some regards) then the community asking for something similar for the Brimstone, to put the Gr4 ahead of the Gr1 in terms of standoff loadout, is not asking for too much

16 Likes

You assume wrong, it has 360 coverage if carrying two pods, and mostly covered with one other than where the fuselage blocks it.

Takes all of 30 seconds to Google “tornado TERMA pod”;

6 Likes

I have a clip of doing the exact same thing to an Su-25’s vertical stabilizer with DM-43

Then why add them? And why not add it in only for air modes?

You still haven’t answered why the developers didn’t give the missile its real characteristics in air modes. I’m not interested in GRB; I care about Sim EC. Why am I getting a nerfed missile?

5 Likes

It’s going around in circles because we are trying to explain how the argument for its planned implementation doesn’t hold up. At the very least, that’s feedback. The thing feels half cooked and like it was just a check box to mark off. And regardless of the intent, the dev comment seemed to invalidate itself when it says adding the Brimestone at its full strength doesn’t have a counter. There’s been more than a dozen dev blogs on the issue of balancing where players have point out that, for example, the Panstir has no counter but you added it anyway. And it’s allowed to exist for months now.

Can you not see how that reads and comes across as tone deaf?

10 Likes

You can achieve something similar to this with 38s using frogfoot, and presumably groms on the 34 if you had the care to.

This is answered within the blog and applies to all modes. Missiles performance applies across all modes.

Especially when ordnance like the Kh 38 is coming on a plane with presumably a targeting pod.

Then that is something then at least. Though I assume it will spam CMs at anything and everything like the Gr7 does?

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’ll just be like Longbow Apache where we still won’t get for the Longbow Hellfire 4 years later because apparently it’s gonna be OP. I’ll just come back here in 2030 to see if they implement LOAL for Brimstone dual mode yet.

4 Likes

How should this be understood? The ability to attack bots crawling along a route is OP and disrupts balance? Are the developers afraid that I will destroy tanks too quickly in Sim EC?

5 Likes

Also had a thought. There is a laser guided variant for the AGM-65 and KH-38. Why haven’t aircraft been limited to these variants of these missiles

7 Likes

Weaponary performance applies to all modes. It’s performance cannot be made mode independent.