Time/Weather Overhaul

Ok, don’t harass me about this, but I think it would be cool to see dynamic time and and weather changes. Not just new types of weather. Something like weather and time changes throughout matches. For example, if a match starts at sunset, the ending time of the match could be early night if it goes on for long enough. An example for weather would be cloudy games suddenly start raining midway through the match. I think it would also be cool to see lighting and wind dynamics added to the game. That means the bad weather warning would have much more of a purpose when aircraft try to fly. Of course, wind would definitely not be wanted in Air RB. But Ground RB would be an amazing place to add wind. It would also help fight the persistent CAS problem. Let me know what you guys think.

Just no

I could see that maybe being tested someday in the future in an april fools event or sth. Not quite sure if it’s already in-game tho. Seen the type and weather and lightening change during a match but I am uncertain if this is a proper mechanic or just the game being war thunder.

Wind speed and direction, temperature and density is afaik already a factor in-game. Just no weather related phenomena like micro/macro bursts and their related wind shears for example.

Concerning lightning, etc… it seems too much of an RNG mechanic that would be a cool novelty at first but will inevitably end up as highly annoying.

Dynamic ToD:

Maybe, but I would be selective about exactly what ToDs were used. Night battles (as much as I want them for air) arent for everyone, and they can radically change how a match plays out, but sunrise to dawn or evening to dusk? Yeah that would be cool

Dynamic weather

100%.

Even if that is just clouds that actually move, at varying speeds, and a cloudy sky not being a solid mass of clouds or none at all. in NE you could have 10 minutes with very little cloud, followed by a big patch of clouds that moves accross the map.

More weather effects like a lightning storm would also be epic. Or Sandstorms, etc

and just more match variety in general.

Map to map in air doesnt feel all that different sometimes, but weather to weather… Now that would be cool

Weather impacts

that is an entirely different thing altogether, waaaaay too much to expect in WT and I dont expect to ever see and even extreme weather doesnt always stop a ground attack pilot.

Any specific reason why?

I think it is in the game. Not 100% on it though.

I think it’d just be a cool feature to add. And I don’t see how it’d become annoying. After all, this is a generally annoying game to play.

Yeah the current weather system in game is pretty bad. I have had games where it said it was “Bad weather - thunderstorms” and all you could see is very sparse cloud cover.

They would also need to start by making stuff like clouds and smoke server-sided instead of client-sided.

I guess ToDs that would shift into night during the match session could be classified under night battles and could be disabled.

Wonderful idea. I honestly didn’t think about that.

I was holding off on extreme weather such as sandstorms, tornados, hurricanes, etc. because it would get too annoying or almost impossible to fly in. We still want to be able to fly, albeit very difficult.

Both points are true. All we can hope for is that something like this gets passed to the devs for it to be implemented. Extreme weather would definitely stop most pilots. But theres always that one crazy person who will fly in anything.

I think it would also generally be a good idea to overhaul smoke, fire, explosions, etc. from the 2d PNGs to 3d clouds like the ones in the sky.

I want a category 5 hurricane in naval battle.

Yeah I want a night battle option for airmodes

Tornados and Hurricanes yeah, no, too extreme, but a storm front could be interesting.

Sandstorms might be too extreme, but dusty weather would be interesting.

Spoiler

Harrier Gr7/9 pilot on close air support for a troops in contact, in a valley, with both low level cloud AND low level dust, with intermitten comms.

image

With it not obstructing the ground but obstructing how far fowrad you could see

Semi-exist, matches, however, do not last long enough for you to see it really at all. Also go make a proper in-depth suggestion.