Thoughts on WT modes | Old games, causation, and correlation

Anyone who has been in gaming since the beginning, and specifically war tech/“simulator” type games, such as war thunder.

I’ve recently been getting into the originals, and found a game that, really reminds me of, for 1, The IL-2 Surmovik games, and 2, War Thunder’s campaigns.

War thunder has a very good multiplayer system, pretty decent campaign missions, last but not least, the Enduring Confrontation Sim matches.

This brings me to my point:

Electronic Arts (Now widely known as EA-Sports)
Штурмовик Су-25 or Shturmovik Su-25:
Soviet attack fighter

P.s. if you would like to enjoy this game for free it is available on the internet archives, I highly suggest!

This game, is, absolutely incredible being from 1990, having damageable systems, pilot injuries, and payload selectivity. You pick a mission, and fly out, use your targeting system to locate your target, and carry out the mission. It’s incredibly simple, yet nostalgic for someone born after its time.

I see a big opportunity in war thunder with similar mission types, any aircraft available in game, and even the possibility to have it be multiplayer. War thunder has amazing capabilities, yet haven’t been brought to its full fruition or capabilities due to modes or ideas being long forgotten.

All in all, I really think War Thunder is a viable platform for these types of missions, and a bunch of people would enjoy them. There is also the potential for it to be a type of EC mode where you are given a specific task, you follow out orders, and receive RP and SL based on the speed, and quality of your handiwork.

Lé Fin

2 Likes

Also, in case it wasn’t clear, this would be a separate game-mode, not taking place of campaign or EC modes, or possibly being a modification of EC!