They should add the Foxbat aka MIG-25

When are you going to add the MIG-25 foxbat you added the F-15 and the F-15 was made to counter the soviets fighter but it was just an intersepter if you add the F-15 you should probs add the foxbat with it

1 Like

I want them to add the mig 25 just so I can kill the buggers who think they’ll survive at 20km alt after hitting the map border attempting to hit mach 3

4 Likes

Same but they cant just add a jet that was made to rival the foxbat and then just not add the jet that it was made to fight

1 Like

MiG-25 and MIG-31 would be nice, but personally not to “Counter” F-15 or being it metaphorical (depends on how much sauce was lost in self-delusions of multi-role fighter… instead of the interceptor) father, but get back at those pesky Tomacts

2 Likes

There’s one small issue.
One so small it might not be worth mentioning:

The Foxbat is garbage at well… everything except one specific flight regime (high alt, high speed, long range interception)

Just looking at the flight performance, it can’t even get past Mach 1 at Sea Level, it’s limited to 4Gs pull, it weighs an ass tonne (thanks stainless steel)

And those are just the flaws I can think of.

6 Likes

Yea i expect the mig25 to fly worse than f111. F15 came into existance because of mig25 but the difference is that the F15 can do what it’s designed for while mig25 can’t.

1 Like

The MiG-25 will, respectfully, fly so much like a pig that the Tornado and F-104 will come off looking like supermanouevrable 4.5th gens.

Foxbat was designed to intercept the projected US Bomber threat (XB-70) and so it didn’t really need to be anything other than FAST, and have a radar resistant to jamming.

Which brings me onto my other point: depending on which radar/variant we get, we’d see a MiG-25 with a MiG-23 radar set wedged in (essentially) or a radar that’s basically blind to anything that isn’t co-altitude or above it.

1 Like

MiG-25 was designed as high speed high altitude interceptor… you want to say it cant do exactly this? (Not speaking about the game for it will be most likely plays like F-104, but without a gun and with a hard requirement for high altitude flight…)

1 Like

yea and im guessing the mig25 would sit around 11.0 - 12.0 depending on which missile it gets

1 Like

yea mb, i guess it can do what its specifically designed for, which is fast high alt flights. i was thinking about the mig25 lore/propaganda during my earlier statement

1 Like

I want this

1 Like

It wont be limited to 4Gs ingame. That flight envelope only exists in the manual for risk of aileron reversals due to the amount of wing flex. Not only does this phenomenom not exist ingame, it is irrelevant when mouse aim gives every aircraft fly-by-wire.

It would get 1.5x its max G overload, same as every other aircraft ingame.

As others have already said, the Foxbat needs a lot of room to stretch it’s legs. There isn’t room in regular War Thunder maps, and there is little purpose in climbing either, and few targets to intercept.

Bigger maps and longer lasting matches would be needed, as well as making PVE combat (interception of bombers) more relevant. As you know, current Air RB is PVP team deathmatch.

In other words, we need Enduring Confrontation for Air RB :)

1 Like

Iirc that 4Gs is on for airframe reasons, and if it was that’d limit you to 6Gs. Which is abysmal. I mean even the Tornado can outpull you now.

You recall wrong. The 4G number in the manual is only due to the rism of aileron reversals.

2 Likes