The War Thunder Roadmap for Spring to Summer 2024

No reworking of the ancient crew system either, which is literally a decade over due.

Great changes! Hopefully the community votes in favour of the APHE changes as they’re essential, it’s just criminal how much APHE overperforms in game relative to solid shot.

2 Likes

lol… Dude, Vikhrs aren’t bad just cause they’re not the best, or even top 5; they’re good, they’re better than Atakas, not as good as Krizantemas. Vikhrs just aren’t the best, because of that proxy fuse holds it back.
Ka-50 is good, especially since superior helicopters were moved to 11.3 a while back.

Helicopter damage models are incorrect, and thankfully will be vastly improved this year.

I’d love to see historical sights as a togglable in RB and give SPAAGs their AA sights for the sake of immersion and realism

Hell yes. Everything here looks excellent. The only gripe I have is with the shell shock effect in ground RB. I hope the poll for that update separates that from crew damage to fires and healing, because the shell shock effect does NOT belong in the game. Nobody likes RNG stuns in PVP games.

Excellent work and a great follow-up to last year’s roadmap. I look forward to the changes!

I’m all for having certain aviation / helicopters BR’s changed for GRB but some ground attack jets already suffer at their current BR (in the higher BR’s, even more so with how often matches are up tiered), with the efficiency of SPAA missiles etc

I often see complaints about CAS in GRB, however there are already effective counters to these in the most part. In fact some games I’ll only spawn in SPAA and spend the whole match knocking down planes/jets/heli’s

If BR’s are increased for CAS, it will remove their worth. CAS is often easily countered but no one complains about their successes…….

I think Ka50 and 52s are the strongest in game for a few reasons but the biggest is damage model issues

So we’ll have to see if this fixes that

1 Like

Can we get air-burst for GBUs as well?

1 Like

What is this horrible attempt at gaslighting jesus

1 Like

Oh for sure, I talked about the S8K runs Ka-50s could do previously.
The reason we have big rocket SP is because of Ka-50s, Mi-28s, and Ka-52s, no other helicopter caused that increase SP, which was their first or 2nd nerf.

Helicopter damage models are also why I was able to do Hydra runs with Peten.
So yeah, I’m glad to see our feedback push through.

The best change was last year when SACLOS missiles gained far more accurate physics simulation which heavily reduced Vikhr capability, especially since it’s so fast it can be difficult to control, as many people found out with Starstreaks when they work [they work currently].

Dude, the WT community aren’t clowns or trolls just cause we accept that Ka-50 is a good helicopter; and gave feedback to improve helicopter damage models.

I think you may actually be underselling the ramifications of it.

This is how I see it.

If they introduce a crew shock mechanic together with an APHE nerf, what you basically have is an equalisation of ammo across the board. Solid shot will pen more and stun. APHE will pen less but do a bit more postpen, and also stun.

However, note that overpressure is still a mechanic in this system. Any APHE with more than 170g of explosive filler will trigger overpressure after a pen. This means that vehicles like Dicker Max, T29, Tiger H1/E (but not Tiger II), IS-2, Jagdtiger etc will remain nuke cannons and will become immensely powerful relative to the other APHE slingers with TNT equivalent below 170g.

This equalisation will probably lead to increased efficiency for vehicles with solid shot compared to now, and so likely a higher BR, and lower relative efficiency for “small” APHE, and so likely a lower BR…

High calibre HE will gain in relative importance.

This may very well become a “careful what you wish for” scenario. But I haven’t made up my mind about it, we need to know the details first. For now it’s all speculation. And depending on how the vote goes, we may get only one mechanic and not the other, as well.

@Stona_WT Why not put to a vote options to solve the issue of planes in GFAB instead of adding some minimal arbitrary reward?

facepalm This is the solution…

FACEPALM!!! Learn to read. They are proposing an arbitrary solution that won’t make much effect. When it comes to RB, there’s a lot of asking the community, when it comes to ab it’s pretending to do something… and NOT asking the community/putting it to a vote.

You don’t think it’ll have much effect, before it’s even tried, but it is better than merely being all ‘my way’ solutions to things others don’t actually have issue with.

It won’t do much effect because people are using aircraft to hunt for specific vehicles they have to kill or simply to have their way with bombs. Some random reward won’t solve the problem, especially if they are not planning to fix the air mission mode itself, which makes it so that RNG decides your odd of surviving in the bomber.

The only actual issue you have with that vehicle is that you died.

Reminder that naval is not even mentioned :(((

7 Likes

Maybe in future. For now its not really needed.